tModLoader The Split Mod [WIP]

Some cool features so far even thou i just started.
A few questions.
1.Is the game suppose to drop my souls on death?
2.grinding for 1500+ souls each to make a prehardmode items is way to much. either reduce the amount by half or make it so that souls drop more per monster.
3. are those mirrors have a limit on how many times they can be used. For some reason i lost my save point mirror.
4. it would be better if those special monsters that when killed does the explosion affect other monsters as well.
5. i found the npc that was in this frozen ice block but he doesnt do any thing and not able to move him with the rest of my npc. what do i need to do to with him?

1. Yep, but it only happens in Expert mode. I can change it if it bothers so much.
2. Yes, I agree. I'll reduce the number of required elements for prehardmode items.
3. Yes, the mirrors have limit on use. Usually the limit is about twenty of uses, and once it ends the mirror is broken. Now I think it's too expensive, so i'll make the ability to fix/recover a broken mirrors.
4. You mean, make it so that monsters that explode after death, could cause damage to other monsters? Sounds interesting!
5. You mean the librarian? Many people have told me about that he can't wake up, although it works for me... I'll try to solve this problem!

Thanks for the feedback!

1. Yep, but it only happens in Expert mode. I can change it if it bothers so much.
2. Yes, I agree. I'll reduce the number of required elements for prehardmode items.
3. Yes, the mirrors have limit on use. Usually the limit is about twenty of uses, and once it ends the mirror is broken. Now I think it's too expensive, so i'll make the ability to fix/recover a broken mirrors.
4. You mean, make it so that monsters that explode after death, could cause damage to other monsters? Sounds interesting!
5. You mean the librarian? Many people have told me about that he can't wake up, although it works for me... I'll try to solve this problem!

Thanks for the feedback!
Thanks for the info.
1. yea it bothers me a bit as i am playing on expert, maybe change this to either for med core or make a new npc that will give u a 75 to 100% of souls lost. u can like maybe make it so if u give him either souls or even money u can change the % of souls collect to 100.

2. sweet.

3.yea i didnt know that, i didnt see any counter on it so that why i as asking, wasnt sure if i tossed it or it broke. I do agree it is a bit costly, giving a repair option would be great.

4. yes when the monster die it will do there explode to hurt the other monsters, and when fighting like 2 or 3 of those purple things it could at as a chain reaction kinda make it a bit harder.

5. i am not sure what the npc is. The only thing i didnt try was to kill the boss that pops up from thawing one of the ice cubes. i notice that the boss that spawn from there regrew.''

Edit.

so my house is bugged out. I noticed that the librarian has that red flag in my house even thou there is no face that comes with that flag,Also he doesnt even show up my list of npc when u look under housing and show us the list of npc u have. i just found the tinker and he moved in next to the librarian. that house is now bugged as well. there is no red flag stated that he is in that room.

i have tried removing the walls chair ect to make it a un suitable house and hoping that flag would leave but nope i even destored the 2 rooms near near the bugged house and still shows the red flag librarian. could my game be bugged or something?

Last edited:
bugnpc.png

same bug, but i never found any Split NPC (For now i only have Vanilla NPCs in my base)

I like the idea of the mirrors being semi-temporary and agree that the breaking of it is pretty harsh for the cost, perhaps increase the number of uses and/or make an upgraded version that has unlimited uses, but costs more? Not sure what's possible and what isn't. The sprite work is fantastic, I really enjoy finding new monsters just to see what they look like and do!

still seeing some monster that are just white boxes, will this get fixed soon.
I would love to see a mod that will either remove or rework the vanilla weapons and items. you have these mods with like 1600 or more items and it just makes the game require more memory to play Remember this is made for win xp. But with either remove the vanilla weapons from game or just redo them to save room and stuff. like reworking wand of sparkling so it has a better spirt look or change the way the items works, Just a few ideas u can work on.

I've recently started using the mod, and it's really cool! But I noticed all the different Element drops only stack to 99....they should stack to 999 or even 9,999 since you get so many of them.

I've recently started using the mod, and it's really cool! But I noticed all the different Element drops only stack to 99....they should stack to 999 or even 9,999 since you get so many of them.
It's weird... I just checked and yes, the maximum stack size for elements 99999.. :indifferent:

No, but I can try....I think it might be a mod conflict or something, but I'll give it a shot
If it's really giving you trouble, I suggest backing up your characters and worlds, moving them someplace else temporarily and completely wiping Terraria. If you use Steam make sure you actually delete all files, sometimes Steam leaves files behind for easier reinstallation.

If it's really giving you trouble, I suggest backing up your characters and worlds, moving them someplace else temporarily and completely wiping Terraria. If you use Steam make sure you actually delete all files, sometimes Steam leaves files behind for easier reinstallation.

Yeah too much work....I just installed Magic Storage and use it to store the Elements.

I am playing with a few mods, and this is the best one, from coding to spriting, every bit of it is amazing!
What is the special tool to unfrost the icecubes? also how do you get it?

I am playing with a few mods, and this is the best one, from coding to spriting, every bit of it is amazing!
What is the special tool to unfrost the icecubes? also how do you get it?

You can unfrost the ice cubes with a fire powder made from the stuff dropped by the little ufo things that spawn by the ice ship. You use this resource with something spawned from an underground enemy. Sorry I can't remember what its all called (at work right now).

By the by, anyone know how to spawn the ice ship boss if he kills you? The guide says the spawning thing can be crafted but there is no crafting station I can find to make it.

You can unfrost the ice cubes with a fire powder made from the stuff dropped by the little ufo things that spawn by the ice ship. You use this resource with something spawned from an underground enemy. Sorry I can't remember what its all called (at work right now).

By the by, anyone know how to spawn the ice ship boss if he kills you? The guide says the spawning thing can be crafted but there is no crafting station I can find to make it.
I think if you log out and log back in he should be there, thats what worked for me i think, its been a bit.

Loving the mod so far, but the elements clog up the inventory space too much. I found myself just storing some then use auto trash mod to just trash every element. They have too few uses and some of them becomes obsolete pretty early. For example, bewitched gem hat and robe combined requires 2000 element of darkness. By the time player collects 2k element of darkness they are likely already to have access to better gears. I'd say 400 would be fair.
Also elements have only 99 max stack with Fargo's mutant mod. Having maxstackplus somewhat counters it as it forces 9999 max stack size.

Back
Top Bottom