tModLoader [Released WIP] The Split Mod!

I'm not in a position to try the mod but the gifs you've got make it look awesome.

The effects and spritework are all top-notch. This will certainly be the first mod I install the next time I play Terraria.

Reeeealy great mod, i'm pretty hyped for the future content! Nice work!! :happy:

Just a question, is the Shield of Shielding already obtenable?
I don't exactly know how to get it :)

Reeeealy great mod, i'm pretty hyped for the future content! Nice work!! :happy:

Just a question, is the Shield of Shielding already obtenable?
I don't exactly know how to get it :)

You can buy Shield of Shielding from Magician NPC, which you can find and save in chest in dungeon :)

The Twilight Walker is supposed to be like the skeleton merchant or is it another npc? Because mine got killed offscreen without giving me the chance to even look at it, only saw the death message

The Twilight Walker is supposed to be like the skeleton merchant or is it another npc? Because mine got killed offscreen without giving me the chance to even look at it, only saw the death message
It spawns like the skeleton merchant in the underground corruption/crimson.

I started playing this a few days ago, and my initial impression is... It's good, real good.
However I got a few issues with some things, unless these were balanced in an update I didn't get or something:

Can you please increase the element stack size? Alot of stuff needs thousands and being able to only have 99 in each slot is tedious.
The spirit boss needs some kind of effect when they are teleporting, it looks odd on an otherwise amazingly animated boss (no seriously, the sprites here are A+!)

and it's all I got so far, will add more as I find it.

how do i get Element of Pain?

They drop from the Eclipse, Martian Madness and frost/pumpkin moon enemies
[doublepost=1517136143,1517135856][/doublepost]
I started playing this a few days ago, and my initial impression is... It's good, real good.
However I got a few issues with some things, unless these were balanced in an update I didn't get or something:

Can you please increase the element stack size? Alot of stuff needs thousands and being able to only have 99 in each slot is tedious.
The spirit boss needs some kind of effect when they are teleporting, it looks odd on an otherwise amazingly animated boss (no seriously, the sprites here are A+!)

and it's all I got so far, will add more as I find it.

Stack size is 99999. Idk some people have same problem. Try to ask about it on the split discord server

So I played with the mod some. First off gotta say the bosses are pretty neat!

Buuuut...here's the problem. They're also extremely cheeseable. The first boss doesn't ever move (or at least mine didn't) and I could shoot at it from a distance where it couldn't possibly hit me from. The second boss never touched me a second time and the only way I fought it was on the very ship you fight him near. Otherwise I thought they were pretty cool and interesting fight.

Now onto other things!

I'll forgo the souls thing as its been said but I will add that needing so many souls...kind of sucks. I've taken to cheating in the item and deleting a portion of my souls to even make use of the items.

The enemies that spawn are kind of cool as well and their death animations for some of them are neat too. Great job with them! I'm excited to see what the future enemies/bosses will look like. I have to say One-Shot is probably one of the coolest early game boss fights and if that kind of battle is a sign of future ones I think it'll be pretty amazing.

So I played with the mod some. First off gotta say the bosses are pretty neat!

Buuuut...here's the problem. They're also extremely cheeseable. The first boss doesn't ever move (or at least mine didn't) and I could shoot at it from a distance where it couldn't possibly hit me from. The second boss never touched me a second time and the only way I fought it was on the very ship you fight him near. Otherwise I thought they were pretty cool and interesting fight.

Now onto other things!

I'll forgo the souls thing as its been said but I will add that needing so many souls...kind of sucks. I've taken to cheating in the item and deleting a portion of my souls to even make use of the items.

The enemies that spawn are kind of cool as well and their death animations for some of them are neat too. Great job with them! I'm excited to see what the future enemies/bosses will look like. I have to say One-Shot is probably one of the coolest early game boss fights and if that kind of battle is a sign of future ones I think it'll be pretty amazing.

Agreed, the bosses with their animations makes them not even feel like they belong in this game... That's not a bad thing, it just brings a fresh feel to Terraria!

Still, it makes me very curious what you have in mind for hardmode bosses!

hummer is absolution loh

Thanks you all for feedback! :)
Yes, I have noticed that bosses very easy to defeat. I have plans to rewrite their behavior (especially Spirit) to make boss battles more challenging.

About elements.. I can reduce amount of elements that drops from monsters and also reduce amount of elements that needed for crafting.

My feedback is the best
[doublepost=1517568039,1517567725][/doublepost]I think absolution loh is absolutniy loh
[doublepost=1517568103][/doublepost]I meaned absolute loh

You can melt these cubes by using Fire salts, which can be crafted from Moon dust (drops from monsters on the ship) and Burning Coal :).
And Burning coals drop from enemies that are encountered in the caverns and the underworld, they have these 2 blades around them and shoot star-like shots, you'll know them when you see them.

How exactly do you get the thing to summon the ship boss? There is no crafting tool for the summoning item, when looking at the guide recipe.

Back
Top Bottom