Return to Neibreth: A Sequel to a Text Adventure of mine... [Story based]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Since you have chosen to join me, I'll accept you into my group, or whatever it is right now."

Zell doesn’t know what to do. He isn’t used to fighting anything he can’t just hit with his chain and cut up. He has a bottle, though, so he smashes it on Winter’s head if he can.

[Target: Colonel Winters - -1 Nuke Cola]

When the update posted, I found myself literally saying 'It's the second coming!'
I got way too exited.

"What, you think I'm afraid of your puny bullets? GET A REAL WEAPON!" *Uses Kamaitachi Yo-kai Medal.*

Last edited:
"Yes. I bid thee farewell, Purrvis."

I then head to the Haven Radio Station or whatever.

"Scorpion, I would like to go home."

Now to make someone to take his place...

SOAP (Sky High)
SOAP is a manifestation of two beings. Expression used to be a wide-eyed, happy puffball hopping around and expressing her happiness. One day, the met the spirit SOPAH, who promised her protection against evil in exchange for a home. Of course, uh... SOPAH was actually evil. Expression, not knowing this, heartily accepted the offer. SOPAH entered her body, and then immediately attempted to take over. Expression's love and happiness were enough to keep SOPAH's cold, unforgiving spirit from taking over... but only barely. Expression, now SOAP, became a sad, gloomy figure who has trouble speaking. Sometimes, SOPAH even manages to take over temporarily. If he can get to SOAP's eyes, he can take over permanently. That's why they're always closed. On the bright side, SOAP got some cool new powers...
HP: 250/250
DP: 100
Base ATK:Cannot deal damage
Items: None
Ability: Censor: Disables an opponent's last used move for 3 turns. Does not work on Basic Attack.
Ability: Censor Defense: Lowers defense for 3 turns.
Ability: Censor Attack: Lowers attack for 3 turns.
Ability: Censor Sight: Makes an enemy [BLIND] for 3 turns.
Ability: Censor Bag: Makes an opponent's items [SEALED] for 3 turns.
Ability: Censor Damage: Heals 50% of lost health.
Flaw: Puffball: Can't use basic attacks.
Flaw: Inner Demons: Every now and then, SOPAH steps in. This changes the target of an attack or heal to an ally or an enemy, respectively.
Passive: Alternate Universes: When certain conditions are met, may gain new skills or even defect to the other side. (?)
SOAP regains full control and has access to SOPAH's strongest attacks.
Achieve conditions: Defeat a boss that has at least 500 (or so) HP with a group of 4 or more other characters. One of them must die, SOAP must be damaged, and SOAP has to take more than five actions.
Base ATK is raised to 50
No longer has Flaw: Inner Demons
New Skills:
Censor Wave: Deals 50 damage to all enemies and lowers their ATK for 1 turn.
Censorb: Deals 50 damage to a single target, lowers their ATK and DEF for 3 turns, and raises SOAP's for 3 turns.
A mishap with an alignment room has turned SOAP evil, while SOPAH struggles to gain control and assist the good side.
Nothing new, just works with the Enclave now
Achieve conditions: Spending too long in the domain of the Enclave is enough to make SOAP do a heel-face turn.
One Time Ability: Super SOAPer: Fully censors a target, giving then [CENSORED]. The only move they can use is CENSORED, a basic attack that can target anyone. This move is unaffected by Inner Demons.

Last edited:
@Sky High

Welp, time for a character app analysis, given you are not a new player I probably won't be nearly as gentle.

You know the drill with the colours, Blue tends to lean towards positive or is advice, Red is the bad stuff, Purple is usually concerns or questions. And green is the neutral colour, it is usually used for jokes, don't take it too seriously. If green is by itself, I'm probably fine with the thing it's talking about.

SOAP (Sky High)
HP: 250/250
DP: 100
Base ATK:Cannot deal damage
Items: None
Ability: Censor: Disables an opponent's last used move for a few turns. Does not work on Basic Attack. (How many turns? A few is a bit vague, also you're gonna see this, A LOT) (This is gonna make cross-party PVP a pain :p If it ever happens)
Ability: Censor Damage: Heals 50% of lost health. (inb4 DGI makes the strong enemies enemies target you more though, after all, kill the doctor/weak first :p It is quite a strong heal though)
Ability: Censor Stat: Chooses to lower the attack or defence of an enemy. (For how many turns?)
Ability: Censor Sight: Makes an enemy [BLIND]. (How long?)
Ability: Censor Bag: Makes an opponent's items [SEALED]. (Well, it probably won't be too useful in normal combat, it'll be a good deterrent for PVP though) (^)
Flaw: Puffball: Can't use basic attacks. (See the critique of the next ability)
Flaw: Inner Demons: May change target the opposite of the intended side. (These are the reason I'm not going off about that heal, 50% is quite powerful for a heal, also I assume this is how you meant to word the ability)
Passive: Alternate Universes: When certain conditions are met, may gain new skills or even defect to the other side. (You did consult Ivuul on this right? Anyway, I'm only gonna cover the 'good ending', given that actually has benefits)
One Time Ability: Super SOAPer: Fully censors a target, giving then [CENSORED]. The only move they can use is CENSORED, a basic attack that can target anyone. This move is unaffected by Inner Demons. (This is fine)

SOAP regains full control and has access to SOPAH's strongest attacks.
Achieve conditions: Defeat a major boss with a group of 4 or more other characters. (Well, assuming you don't do much in the fight that could potentially sabotage the group you are with, this seems like a very easy condition)
Base ATK is raised to 50 (Well, you probably can't use this anyway, given the puffball flaw)
No longer has Flaw: Inner Demons (This seems like something that'd require a character arc to fix, not just managing to defeat a major boss with 4 or more other characters, no offence)
New Skills:
Censor Wave: Deals damage to all enemies and lowers their ATK. (How much damage? And how long is the attack debuff?)
Censorb: Deals damage to a single target, lowers their ATK and DEF, and raises SOAP's. (How much damage? And how long are the buffs/debuffs)

Grant decides to open the present carefully, given it could be a trap that Winters is using, if it isn't though, it might help against him.

Last edited:
Henry stands there for a while, pondering what to do. He then eventually makes his way to Haven Radio, he wants to go home.

(Kind of a jerk move on Henry's part, after that whole thing, but meh. I'll post my app later.)

*Ryuga draws his sword (as usual)* I knew it... He must have the Crystal Star. There won't be peaceful solutions this time, I guess?

*Invictus cracks a smirk*
Yeah, how's it going, champ?
*Invictus leans his shotgun on his shoulder, turns Secret into a fake cigar, takes the smuggest fake puff you've ever seen, then turns Secret into another shotgun.*

[doublepost=1516938984,1516938923][/doublepost]DGI is gonna put Wrath on MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE now, I just know it.

Theven (TheGuy)
An assassin from a primitive tribe, he used to be their protection from monsters until he took up the assassin life. Recently, he met a spirit who possessed him.
HP: 300/300
DP: 160
Base ATK: 20
Items:
Amulet: It's just very shiny, and not very special. He stole it from a king.
Cloak: If he puts the hood on, there is a chance he will become invisible for a small time, otherwise, it won't do that.
Crossbow: Enchanted so that it never runs out. Does 20 damage.
Rapier: He is quite proficient with it, and he is also very attached to it. 30 damage.
Ability: Basic Attack
Ability: X-slash: He slashes with his rapier in a X formation. This immobilizes the opponent for a little bit.
Spark: He uses his spirit and makes a small spark. If he uses it on an enemy, it does only 10 damage, but he mainly uses it to start fires.
Passive: Sight: Due to his spirit, his sight range is heightened and he can notice very small things. He can also see moving invisible people.
Debility: Weak Mind: Due to him killing many people, his mind has become weak.
Passive Debility: Murderer: He tends to give off a dark feeling around him. This is partly because of his past and partly because of his spirit.
One Time Ability: Spirit Form: His spirit takes over, and he becomes faster, allowing him to attack twice in one turn. He also jumbles the minds of everyone around him, making them act drunk.

I guess I should mention the spirit's name is Panu, and it can take any form it wishes. It can also speak to Loran in his mind due to Loran's weak mental state.

This character has been revised.

Last edited:
Well, time for another app analysis, just putting this tagging here, of course, you aren't a new player now, I can bare my teeth :dryadtongue: @TheGuy

Blue tends to lean towards positive or is advice.
Red is the bad stuff.
Purple is usually concerns or questions.
Green is the neutral colour, it is usually used for jokes and formatting notes. Don't pay too much mind. I just like having fun at other people's expense, I still don't know why people are friends with me.

Loran (TheGuy) (Soooo, do you just like the name Loran? or...)
An assassin from a primitive tribe, he used to be their protection from monsters until he took up the assassin life. Recently, he met a spirit who possessed him.
HP: 300/300
DP: 160
Base ATK: 20
Items:
Amulet: It's just very shiny, and not very special. He stole it from a king. (So, is this like, a precious keepsake item of sorts, aka a finding the thief plot hook? :p)
Cloak: If he puts the hood on, there is a chance he will be invisible for a small time, otherwise, it won't do that. (Editted this for the sake of brevity, on a side note, I assume you are going with coins flips, aka 50/50, for chances? It's good practice to specify chances)
Crossbow: Enchanted so that it never runs out. Does 35 damage. (Standard weapon, gets the job done though, good job) (Not a very primitive weapon though :p)
Rapier: He is quite proficient with it, and he is also very attached to it. (So, how much damage does this thing do? Or is it not intended to do damage?)
Ability: Basic Attack
Ability: X-slash: He slashes with his rapier in a X formation. This immobilizes the opponent for a little bit. (I usually advise against tying your abilities to items, in the case you lose said items)
Spark: He uses his spirit and makes a small spark. If he uses it on an enemy, it does only 10 damage, but he mainly uses it to start fires. (That flavour text at the end, heh, I could a lot of ways of taking advantage of it, hell, the green note after this is an obvious example) (inb4 your character finds out about flammable/volatile materials and starts using this to set enemies on fire/blow them up)
Passive: Sight: Due to his spirit, he tends to see things other people cannot, for example, a small crack in a wall when he is standing far away from it. (Not a very good example, you are better off noting things like if Loran sees people who are moving while invisible?)
Debility: Murderer: He tends to give off a dark feeling around him. This is partly because of his past and partly because of his spirit. (I assume this is supposed to mean that NPC's do not like him/aren't very comfortable around him)
Debility: Weak Mind: Due to him killing many people, his mind has become weak. (Heh, I could see a lot of ways DGI could have fun with this)
One Time Ability: Spirit Form: His spirit takes over, and he becomes much faster, and jumbles the minds of everyone around him. (How much faster? Is the mind-jumbling some sort of stun?)

EDIT: I apparently like using similarly spelt words, do tell if I had a critical spelling failure, or grammar.

Just an answer to some of @Mr. Fury's questions, I shall edit the character shortly. Wait, I just realized I gave my character the same name as a character in my TA. Oh well.

Amulet: I dunno, it could be used like that. I didn't really intend for it to happen.
Cloak: Yes, 50/50
Rapier: I was kind of confused about the whole Basic Attack thing. I assumed the basic attack was a simple swipe with your weapon or something, but please correct me if I am wrong about this.
Spark: WHAAT does inb4 mean. I've seen it used quite a lot.
Sight: More examples: He really just has extended vision, also if someone is invisible, he may be able to see an outline of them.
Murderer: Yes, exactly.
Spirit Form: Much faster than the normal human running speed. Think the Flash or something, I can't find a good comparison :p As for he jumble, it basically makes people act like they're very drunk.

I answered these questions in a separate post, because I couldn't find a way to answer some of them in the edited character app.

Okay, I edited the character and also changed his name. I still don't know how I made his name the same as my character :p

Last edited:
@TheGuy Editting this in so it doesn't seem too hostile, I'm just answering your questions or elaborating.

1) I'll do an explanation, Basic Attack is basically the damage your character can do without items or use of abilities, I'll do an example with my character, Grant, and then, a made up example of the other way round.

Grant's Base ATK is 5. This is quite pathetic and there is only a few enemies in Neibreth who Grant would have a relatively easy time to kill. Grant happens to have a fiery greatsword which he found in a present, his Base ATK effectively becomes that of the weapon.

Now, for the made up example, meet Overpowered Brawler Guy, his Base ATK is 150(which is ludicrous btw), if you give him a water pistol that does say... 0 damage, his base attack effectively becomes that of the water pistol when he's using it.

This system, while it does not hold water(pun not intended) to real life logic, is relatively simple, Base ATK and Basic Attack are basically one in the same, the character app templates hasn't been updated in a while, I made a compacted version of character apps that effectively removes/merges redundant parts, it's just been a while since the rules have been updated, the current ruleset came from some rule troubles that DGI had in his previous TA: Reconstructed Realms, where bad apps came in relentlessly.

2) inb4=In Before.

3) To elaborate on the speed thing, I mean like, how many turns would he get in spirit form, sorry about the unclear question.

EDIT: Added a explanation to this post before the explanation.

Last edited:
Current Time of Day: Day: 4/9

~~~~Grant Redman (@Mr. Fury)~~~~ [MENTALLY SCARRED] [SIDESHIELD]
Current Location: Ocean: Newer Ravenrock
HP: 220/235 DP: 6 LVL: 23
Party: Walter: 400/400
Party: OHGAWDSworth: 250/250
~~~~And~~~
~~~~Zell (@Creeper da Snek)~~~~
HP: 579/628 [CAT SCRATCH] DP: 70 LVL: 17
~~~And~~~
~~~~Jack (@IHATETHISSIGNUP)~~~~
HP: 480/520 DP: 199 LVL: 16

Grant: 220/220
Walter: 400/400
Edgesworth: 250/250
Zell: 459/580
Jack: 340/480
Irate: 300/300
Kamaitachi: 250/250
VS
Colonel Winters: HP: 0/350 [VERTI ATTACK SQUAD] [SETTLEMENTS!]
Oh Bah Gah!: HP: 0/50

Zell runs up and attacks with his Nuka Cola Bottle! Colonel Winters dodges!
Irate inspirits Colonel Winters!
Winters: Oh god no... Not another settlement, PRESTON PLEASE!
Concerned about his questlog, Dodge speed has been decreased!
Jack uses his Kamaitachi medal!
"Summoning: Charming!"
"Alarming, boom, boom! Walla, walla, dance, dance, Charming!"

Kamaitachi appears on the battlefield, brandishing his scythe, He is pretty depressed that he still does not have an english name though...
Grant carefully opens the present, but runs from it when he hears ticking, the present explodes!
Edgesworth serves some fresh water to Zell, 50 HP restored!
Walter turns into hellhound form and runs up to Winters, instead of attack, he barks, this catches winters off guard making him back off some, while winters is off guard, walter attacks with his claws! it did 104 damage!
Kamaitachi attacked! it did 40 damage!
Winters is defeated!
The Vertibird flies off

YOU WON!
everyone gained 30 DP and 3000 EXP!
Irate and Kamaitachi vanish after finishing their jobs!
Grant reached LVL 23! HP increased to 235!
Zell reached LVL 17! HP increased to 628!
Jack reached LEVEL 16! HP Increased to 520!

Winters is on his knees
Winters: Urrg.... Impressive gentlemen.. i must calibrate this newly obtained data... i must be prepared for even the unexpected next time we meet...
Winters stands up and snaps his fingers, the gates to the base open up and winters runs in.
The gates are left open, the group see inside: a large main building, a side door, and a small tent, Enclave troopers are patrolling and most likely will try to attack if you get in their line of sight...

~~~~Endzor Green (@Sky High)~~~~
Current Location: Gone...
HP: 360/360 DP: 600 LVL: 14
Party: Goresby Purrvis: 500/500
~~~And~~~
~~~~Aleron (OC) (@tappaja100)~~~~
Current Location: Haven Province: Newer Haven
HP: 300/300 DP: 100 LVL 1

Endzor says his goodbyes and leaves neibreth!
Aleron and purrvis heads towards the bar and gets drinks as Purrvis strikes up conversation about alerons mentioned mission
Purrvis: Energy source huh? that could be a lot of stuff... it could be the subwah, Or maybe it's the world portal that scorpion has right here in newer haven... Or maybe it's the world mirror... Who knows...

~~~ TEAM LOCKHORN~~~
Current Location: The Lost Land: Caves
Team DP: 3293
~~~Happy/Scary (@Xmax360)~~~
HP: 179/200 225/225 LVL 12
&
~~~~Invictus (@Madder)~~~~ [DEMONS ENRAGEMENT [LVL 1]]
HP: 350/370 LVL 4
~~~And~~~
~~~~Ryuga (OC) (@Kazuki)~~~~
Current Location: The Lost Land: Caves
HP: 250/250 DP: 33 LVL 1

Scary waves his hand at wrath, Wrath delivers an uppercut sending scary into the roof...
Wrath watches what invictus does and then smiles, He makes movements to suggest a chuckle or laugh, But no sound whatsoever...
Wrath launches a spear that bounces around the room, and shortly after it impales invictus AND Secret-gun against a wall... Wrath walks up to invictus reaching for the spear...
But wrath stops as he hears a noise, it's Ryuga drawing their sword...
Wrath turns and looks at ryuga... He snaps and summons up another spear as he holds it in a way that he is clearly ready to take you on....

Wrath dashes towards Ryuga!
-----------------------------
Meanwhile lemmy sneaks over towards the impaled invictus/secret and pulls the spear out of them, with much pain. invictus is no longer stuck to a spear AND a wall!
Lemmy: You okay demon?
Happy/Scary yell at Lemmy to free them from the room they are currently stuck in
Lemmy: I mean, You guys look like your having fun hanging out....

~~~~Henry Huldon (OC) (@TheGuy)~~~~
Current Location: Gone
HP: 230/230 DP: 50 LVL 1

Henry heads towards haven radio, He enters scorpions place and leaves through the world portal...

(Will add your new character next turn, it makes it hard on me to have to introduce more then one new player character in one turn...)

~~~~Catherine (OC) (@SteelSt0rmMaster)~~~~
Current Location: Murkfog Swamp: Maze of Fog
HP: 260/340 DP: 110 LVL 1

Catherine flees into the foggy swampland
Hogg: GWAR HAR HAR! YES! FLEE FROM ME TINY WORM! GRAWH! *snort*

-------------------------------

As you wander through the muddy bog full of confusing fog, you find yourself running into a tree due to how thick the fog is, As you fall into the mud you lose conciousness...

Several hours have passed as you wake up in a bed, considering the fact that your soaked and not muddy anymore leads you to believe someone tossed you in a river or shot you with a garden hose... Either way your out of the foggiest part of the bog and are in some kinda Tent
A strange old man walks in
Gyral: Your awake, Good... You thankfully don't have any injuries like most who wander lost in the fog... i seen hogg chase you off and had to follow you to make sure you got out of this bog alive... My name is Gyral.

~~~~Zeke Maynot (OC) (@Everyone Except You)~~~~
Current Location: Gone
HP: 0/100 DP: 90 LVL 1

Zeke disappears into the void, never to be seen again, THE END...

~~~NEWCOMER ALERT!~~~
~~~~SOAP (OC) (@Sky High)~~~~
Current Location: A dark place...
HP: 250/250 DP: 100 LVL: 1

You are soap, you wake up in a dark place, the sky is full of dark clouds and no light at all, while you can hear the roaring of the ocean, only to turn and see that the "ocean" is an endless sea of black sludge sloshing around violently... You sit in the ruins of some kind of town...

A present is nearby and a road going up or down, the path going up seems to head towards a large menacing dark castle, while the road going down seems to head into a large glowing blue bayou that you SWEAR you seen a UFO fly out of...

What now?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey you guys know what's pretty creepy about the song in Soaps turn? it's the fact that you can hear morse code for "SOS"....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom