Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you were referencing in the post I quoted. Sounded like you had a list of bugs you personally wanted to see addressed but were not. Just making sure your "remaining" list matches what I had. :)
OK, brace yourself (most of these are cosmetic, so I get why they're not top priority):

• Water/honey/lava droppers are placing (being consumed) but not showing
  • Setting foot in the underground ice biome causes the solar eruption to not show on screen, and an odd delay happens when striking an enemy or item . Here's a video (note how the time moves as normal):
  • Paint is being consumed, but not displaying, on mannequins. I know this sounds silly, but it made the difference between these two:
    26962183_10214066007736883_72932557507231327_o.jpg 27164820_10214066113579529_6809084440684242195_o.jpg
  • The same issue happens with weapon racks
    192586-e6f03364ba3faf7d2189fcdbeb58d2cc.jpg
    192587-a18255cab788a34a3dec357fc81611cf.jpg
  • D-Pad binding is still temporary; every time you load a new world you have to assign the items all over again
  • Bubble blocks are solid
  • The spawn regions seems to have changed; before the update I built farms to DicemanX's specs regarding spawn area, and it worked fine, but it seems that they are spawning in a much wider area. This is hard to figure out exactly where the issue is because...
  • ...mobs aren't showing up on the map or minimap, as they used to pre-update (the purple flashing blobs on the map).
  • Before the update I could check the efficiency of spawning platforms in my farms by using the sniper rifle and/or scope to watch spawns as they happened. Now, the spawn region seems to surround the visible screen, as opposed to player position, as it used to.
  • Some worm enemies aren't dropping banners; crawilpedes are showing up on the tally, but the count is stuck at zero. Devourers show up as "kill count unavailable"
  • Tally counts reset if I am hosting on multiplayer; I almost had enough Pinky kills for a banner and then it went back to zero when my friend joined a game. This happened on two legacy worlds
  • Vortex pickaxe vanishes from inventory slot #20 for no reason
  • Bone campfires vanish once removed with a pickaxe, here's a video:
  • Pumpkin Moon often freezes, either crashing completely, or - even stranger - character and enemy movement stops completely but the time keeps going. I could also summon/dismiss my mount, and save & exit. I thought I'd try out a 1.3 loadout on a 1.2.4 farm, it didn't seem to like the rainsticks. Here a video:
  • Notice on the video above how long it takes to get to player selection after choosing "single player". This happens every time, I'm not sure if that's just how long it takes now or whether it should be quicker(?)
  • I haven't tried for a while, but farming the Golem with the lunar flare causes a freeze/crash
  • Placed acorns aren't growing trees
There's one other thing; I'm sure it won't be coming back, but I thought I'd ask: the floating trophy glitch made arenas look amazing, and I was hoping at some point it could be added back to the game, when everything else is done. It was achieved by placing a trophy on a wall and then hammering away the wall. The trophy would then float in the air. Below is a pic from a old world, where they still float, but it can't be replicated:

192585-77408134124483542afd1a544ea8424c.jpg

I'm sure there are more that I can't remember right now, but I'll post them when I do - if I edit this post does it notify you/others?

Also, I've got a separate post brewing about some UI suggestions.

Thanks again for looking into this.

Attachments

• 27173437_10214066015657081_3234017020257892903_o.jpg
    27173437_10214066015657081_3234017020257892903_o.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 158
  • Fishing hub 1.2.4.jpg
    Fishing hub 1.2.4.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 193
  • Fishing hub 1.3.jpg
    Fishing hub 1.3.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Those are all from 1.10, yeah? Assuming so, thanks for the very informative post complete with imagery and vids.

Will share directly.

Why did they change so much at once?

People on console were used to their way of zooming. Why change it?

People on console were used to the size of items in the menu. Now on a big TV I can hardly even read what is in my items, and it is impossible when playing split screen with my son. Thanks for ruining a thing we like to do together.

Why add a transparency to the menu? It makes it even harder to see what is there.

A word of advice developers: this is how you lose players. If people are used to an interface and it was good (really good), then DONT CHANGE IT. Surely it was possible to add content without changing the interface.

People on console were used to the size of items in the menu. Now on a big TV I can hardly even read what is in my items, and it is impossible when playing split screen with my son. Thanks for ruining a thing we like to do together.

Why add a transparency to the menu? It makes it even harder to see what is there.

A word of advice developers: this is how you lose players. If people are used to an interface and it was good (really good), then DONT CHANGE IT. Surely it was possible to add content without changing the interface.

I've seen a lot of complaint about the new UI (PC version). Am I the only one that likes it? I like navegating through. Though I am missing the recipies. Annoying to check wiki all the time. Would be nice to change transparency and text size/color. Some sort of ui scaling.

I like the UI now It just takes getting used to it and it gets better and easier. But controls settings needs to be fixed a bit more like more of them for quick actions!

And a few more things is if you have buffs on you shouldn't be able to use another of the same kind and waste them. And the same with health potions cause if you are full no reason to use them but sometimes they get used by mistake and they are wasted when they aren't needed! And then also have to wait out that debuff to use them when they are really needed! And I would also say if health potions that are 100 or 150 or more they heal for that amount and no less.

And why are some buffs even cancelable most don't or shouldn't cause any problems if they stay on but only minions that are summoned and need to summon something else I hate when I end up cancelling the wrong buff when most buffs shouldn't even need to be cancelled.

Last edited:

I'm 100% behind you. I think they did it because they assume everyone has small TVs & wants it to be exactly like the PC version (which really does look & play well....ON A PC!)

They said they tested this on TVs, and everything looked fine (I'm guessing the testers either never played the original console versions, so they didn't have anything to compare it to, or else had the TVs right in front of them & not across the room, like normal). I mean seriously...how could ANYONE miss the problems with the text & transparency, UI size, and that you have to turn on & reset the D pad every single time you start??? Not to mention the horrible & laggy controls...

The original controls and UI were originally "dumbed down" for the Playstation versions, because only gamepads are used & it's less complex. How can anyone not think using the touchpad to zoom, instead of having to interrupt the game & go into the menus, wasn't perfect??? And expecting us to always have our phones at the ready to check the wiki for recipies when we're not near the guide makes no sense when playing on consoles.

The original, wonderful Playstation charm is completely gone. Now it's just empty. I'm glad some people have been able to adjust to this, but the developers need to understand that not everyone is built the same & can physically do that (kind of like comparing PCs to consoles...cough cough...)

There are only 2 good things about this "upgrade" - more inventory space, & dedicated item slots for grappling hooks, pets, etc.

Last edited:
They likely did use a TV but not no 5-10 or more feet away sitting on a sofa either more like they were setting at PC desk with TV there too.

Touchpad swipes up, down, left, right are needed for quick actions pinching in and out for zooming but so far I'm fine with the options and zooming these really need to be settings we can choose does what, I also need something else for mini-map zooming.

And there a lot more than 2 good things, stack to nearby chests but this can also get messy too, UFO Mount, UFO Minion! Able to craft from open chests no need to carry at mats to craft stuff anymore and more

And you don't need the wiki it is called the "The Guide" drop in any item to see what is crafted from it! and if it is even sued to craft something else if can't be placed it isn't used for anything yet.

And there a lot more than 2 good things, stack to nearby chests but this can also get messy too, UFO Mount, UFO Minion! Able to craft from open chests no need to carry at mats to craft stuff anymore and more

I agree with the other features that have been added (I was just really salty while I was writing, and forgot those), but they should have simply added them without changing the way the game works. And it doesn't make sense to not give us options to change things back, unless they just want to make it easier for them to make updates in the future (one instead of two or more).

Those are all from 1.10, yeah? Assuming so, thanks for the very informative post complete with imagery and vids.

Will share directly.
Glad I could help; I've thought of a few more:
  • The yellow square shows up in the wrong cursor mode; it should be visible when the precision placement mode is activated, not in free cursor
  • Sometimes the stacks in the inventory don't show the amounts, so it looks like you've only got one of everything
  • Before the update the if you had a health potion bound to your D-pad, it would be consumed when the D-pad was hit ("up", in my case), but now I have press "up" and THEN hit the "use" button. Is that on purpose? It's kind of a pain during a boss fight etc.
  • The buffs are WAY too dark; I can't see which are active and which aren't. I've added a video showing how they used to look, and this video will also serve to show how the sniper rifle was used to check spawn rates, as I mentioned in my last post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=Nrg2Qo0NXj8
  • Mine cart track junctions are showing the wrong sprite for the wrong function; they're the wrong way around (but only once they're hammered). Here's a video:
  • I keep my wire in the ammo slot, and when I go to pick up the wire I have just cut, it stays on the ground if my inventory is full, despite there being room in the ammo slot. Once I delete something from my inventory, wire is then collected, but into the ammo slot. Here's a video:
  • Capes can't be placed in the vanity slot, they only go in the equipment slots
  • I've just finished building the martian madness arena. I decided to test it with a pirate invasion (this world is still pre-hardmode while I'm building) and the invasion keeps cutting in and out, as if it can't decide whether conditions are valid or not, despite having 3 NPCs present. Here's a video; listen to the invasion theme music drift in and out:
  • Not sure if this is meant to be this way, but the cursor speed on weapons is the same as with tools, making fighting tricky with weapons like the lunar flare & star wrath. It needs to be 2-3 times quicker, but that's more of an opinion than a bug
That's it for now, but if I think of/find any more I'll post them then.

Thanks.

And you don't need the wiki it is called the "The Guide" drop in any item to see what is crafted from it! and if it is even sued to craft something else if can't be placed it isn't used for anything yet.

OMG, how did I not know that. Thanks for this! :happy:
Has it always been possible?:eek:

Yep. Except before the update, after selecting crafting from the guide, you only needed to click once on the item in your inventory to see the recepies, instead of having to move the item to another box & then back again. It's yet another thing in this update that adds more steps to something that was much more simple, and in the end, not necessary in the first place.

According to the wiki, we should have Dev items, but I've not seen any. Anyone out there found any?

Not only was it possible, this is the actual intended method. Discovering what you can craft along the way is a part of the "exploration" side of the game. Find a new drop that says "material" on it? "I should see the Guide to see what this can make!" The prior method (which only existed on console) to show everything is convenient, to be sure, but it undercuts that desired approach.

That said, there may be some mid-ground on that topic... but that is up for discussion in the feedback review.

According to the wiki, we should have Dev items, but I've not seen any. Anyone out there found any?

I know of at least one person with whom I have been chatting that has. So they are in there, Expert Mode Treasure Bags.

Hi, I've seen that an issue with legacy world was fixed. I still cannot get the ones that did not make it through. Is there a special way to get them after the newest update?
I tried to check out my cloud but it always crashes before to get to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom