tModLoader Wormholes (and also Scroll of Town Portal)

Found a bug if you use Terraria's new zoom functionality. If you increase the zoom level by anything above 100%, portals still remain at 100%, giving a visual glitch where the portals don't pan with the screen properly. I've only tried this with windowed 1920x1080.

Using a 21:9 Ultrawide monitor (2560x1080) locks the lowest zoom at 133% which makes this very noticeable.

How can i remove wormhole? Is it possible?
Throw Chaos Bombs at them. See head post for recipe.

Edit

v1.6.4.3
  • Fixed wormhole relocation via Chaos Bomb in single player
  • Ensured town portal (not general wormhole) closure via Chaos Bomb (no random chance)

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.6.4.3.zip
    91.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
I am having the visual glitched described the red portal isn't in the same place as the portal and appears to move around (like parallax) until I am on the spawn point. I am running the game at 3840x1600 resolution at 150% GUI zoom and 100% Camera Zoom.

I am having the visual glitched described the red portal isn't in the same place as the portal and appears to move around (like parallax) until I am on the spawn point. I am running the game at 3840x1600 resolution at 150% GUI zoom and 100% Camera Zoom.
Are you running the latest version of the mod?

I am running the version that is downloaded from tmodloader's browser as of yesterday. I am running a multiplayer dedicated server.

Have to say: Amazing mods you have made, the stamina mod is simply brilliant.

Further Questions: Using your lunatic mod but running it with a lot of the big mods, calamity, thorium, spirit and a few others, needless to say, we now have more than 70 bosses to kill and its going to take some grinding to do so. Do you have a suggestion how many days should I adjust the catalysm to? We want a leisurely pace playthrough with pretty base building but because we tend to take it too slow, I want to add your mod to pace the game more.

Your injury mod, if I want to lower the chances of losing hearts from large damage, say by 15%, where in the config file should I make the change.

Your durability mod, also brilliant, at the bottom of your config file I can adjust the multipliers for each type of equipment, ie. tools, weapons, summon items etc. Can I just adjust these multiplier instead of the "global" multipliers on the top? What are the additive, multiplier and the other one below that one for exactly?

Suggestion: Would be nice to have a simple readme with simple explaination of all your config files settings, or just commented commentary inside the config files themselves, not all the settings are self-explainatory.

Last edited:
If you are interested we are essentially playtesting your mods individually (not with honor) and I can give you some feedback and what settings we use. For instance we found your durability settings way too harsh for a modded multiplayer playthrough, I can see it working in a single player challenge playthrough. Summoners is the problem we are having, I agree that the durability setting should be high, as the staff isn't used often for most cases, BUT one of my buddies says that your mod breaks the summoner because he can no longer "command" the relatively stupid AI by resummoning. Is there a way to give the summons a another "attack" command that doesn't "resummon" the monster?

Your stamina mod is spot on, can't think of a way to improve it aside from maybe moving the stamina bar somewhere more visible, I am on a 3840x1600 monitor and the bar is very far from the center of the screen. (first world problem).

For the injury mod, it would be great if the "crack" heart crystals can HEAL lost hearts from your mod, no new heart-crystal (Permanant) recipe necessary then. Just need to make a recipe that makes sense both in pre-hardmode and hardmode, maybe two recipes, because the moment in pre-hardmode on very high difficult settings (calamity revengence) the early game is too punishing for some players and there is essentially no way to recover those hearts aside from finding them in caves. The recipe should probably be as difficult as it is to find hearts though, not to trivalise it.

Further Questions: Using your lunatic mod but running it with a lot of the big mods, calamity, thorium, spirit and a few others, needless to say, we now have more than 70 bosses to kill and its going to take some grinding to do so. Do you have a suggestion how many days should I adjust the catalysm to? We want a leisurely pace playthrough with pretty base building but because we tend to take it too slow, I want to add your mod to pace the game more.
Lunatic allows modded bosses to extend the time, but it currently only requires the vanilla bosses to be killed (or at least only the moon lord, with the MoonLordMaskWins setting). With 70 bosses, and assuming most can be fought before the moon lord, the default settings should be fine. Not sure what your skill level is, though.

Your injury mod, if I want to lower the chances of losing hearts from large damage, say by 15%, where in the config file should I make the change.
Just subtract 0.15 from the PercentOfDamageToUseAsInjury value.

Your durability mod, also brilliant, at the bottom of your config file I can adjust the multipliers for each type of equipment, ie. tools, weapons, summon items etc. Can I just adjust these multiplier instead of the "global" multipliers on the top? What are the additive, multiplier and the other one below that one for exactly?
You can adjust per-item multipliers and/or else the global ones as needed. DurabilityAdditive, DurabilityMultiplier, and DurabilityExponent are used for the formula that computes durability generally; you can likely ignore these and just stick with regular multipliers, unless you really want end game items to last extra long or something.

Suggestion: Would be nice to have a simple readme with simple explaination of all your config files settings, or just commented commentary inside the config files themselves, not all the settings are self-explainatory.
If I can figure out how to add comments with the JSON library, I'll be sure to.

If you are interested we are essentially playtesting your mods individually (not with honor) and I can give you some feedback and what settings we use. For instance we found your durability settings way too harsh for a modded multiplayer playthrough, I can see it working in a single player challenge playthrough. Summoners is the problem we are having, I agree that the durability setting should be high, as the staff isn't used often for most cases, BUT one of my buddies says that your mod breaks the summoner because he can no longer "command" the relatively stupid AI by resummoning. Is there a way to give the summons a another "attack" command that doesn't "resummon" the monster?
Not currently. I'll add this to the next version. Just lower the SummonWearAndTearMultiplier setting for now.

Your stamina mod is spot on, can't think of a way to improve it aside from maybe moving the stamina bar somewhere more visible, I am on a 3840x1600 monitor and the bar is very far from the center of the screen. (first world problem).
I'll add that to the next version, when I can get to it.

For the injury mod, it would be great if the "crack" heart crystals can HEAL lost hearts from your mod, no new heart-crystal (Permanant) recipe necessary then.
The only problem here is a player with 400 hp would always just be 'healing', but I could probably make this work by adding a 10 minute debuff between each consumption of a cracked heart, and otherwise treat it like a regular heart.

Just need to make a recipe that makes sense both in pre-hardmode and hardmode, maybe two recipes, because the moment in pre-hardmode on very high difficult settings (calamity revengence) the early game is too punishing for some players and there is essentially no way to recover those hearts aside from finding them in caves. The recipe should probably be as difficult as it is to find hearts though, not to trivalise it.
Challenge modes like these need settings adjustments to match, to be sure. The best suggestion I can give right now is to set DurationOfBleedingHeart to like double or triple its default (or extremely high, so you can take your time), and also set LifeCrystalNeedsEvilBossDrops to false and maybe double or triple TemporaryMaxHpChunkDrainTickRate for boss fights.

Last edited:
v1.6.4.4 (re)
  • Fixed portals not zooming properly

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.6.4.4.zip
    92 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
In single player, used a Chaos Bomb on a portal, and it LOOKED like it poofed, but it was still there (invisible) and is still teleporting me, to another, invisible portal.

Edit: The destination portal (Not the portal I hit with a bomb) is gone, but the one I hit with the bomb is still sending me to where it was.

Another Edit: Restarting the world DID fully finish removing the Portal

In single player, used a Chaos Bomb on a portal, and it LOOKED like it poofed, but it was still there (invisible) and is still teleporting me, to another, invisible portal.

Edit: The destination portal (Not the portal I hit with a bomb) is gone, but the one I hit with the bomb is still sending me to where it was.

Another Restarting the world DID fully finish removing the Portal
Thanks for telling me. Will fix.

Edit:

v1.6.4.5
  • Fixed natural wormholes relocating improperly via Chaos Bomb hits

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.6.4.5.zip
    92 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
v1.7.0.1
  • Added mod icon
  • Added support for Hamstar Helpers v1.2.0 issue report
  • Refactored net protocol
  • Minor refactoring
  • Fixed crash bug
  • Refactored class visibility
  • Added API

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.7.0.1.zip
    105.2 KB · Views: 198
v1.7.0.2
  • Fixed premature minimap displays of wormholes

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.7.0.2.zip
    105.3 KB · Views: 248
I think that the wormholes should be creatable not only by town portal scroll and also have configurable points
that way you can create a giant hub for traversing the world anywhere you want
it should be easy with your town portal scroll already enabling creation of a single wormhole to spawn
as an idea - item that lets you choose a specific point on the map that you stand on, and another point of the map that you have seen on the map

Back
Top Bottom