tModLoader Recipe Browser

I have a problem with the mod, i taken all other mods out, i tried deleting it and re-downloading, but nothing works. when i try reloading mods with recipe browser it gives me this error. i've used recipe browser successfully before, and have no clue why this suddenly started happening. if i'm being an idiot and this is an easy fix, then i'm sorry for wasting your guy's time

Attachments

• terrariaphoto.PNG
    terrariaphoto.PNG
    216.6 KB · Views: 457
I have a problem with the mod, i taken all other mods out, i tried deleting it and re-downloading, but nothing works. when i try reloading mods with recipe browser it gives me this error. i've used recipe browser successfully before, and have no clue why this suddenly started happening. if i'm being an idiot and this is an easy fix, then i'm sorry for wasting your guy's time
Are you sure you are on the latest version? If so, send me the ":\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\Cache\LootCache.json" file, otherwise delete it, update the mod, then reload mods.

I have encountered an error that I am not sure how to fix... the following is my issue, I have copy-pasted it for your convenience, as I am not coding savvy...
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.Text.StringBuilder.ToString()
at System.IO.StringWriter.ToString()
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObjectInternal(Object value, Type type, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObject(Object value, Type type, Formatting formatting, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at RecipeBrowser.LootCacheManager.Setup(Mod recipeBrowserMod)
at RecipeBrowser.RecipeBrowser.PostAddRecipes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.PostAddRecipes()

Last edited:
I have encountered an error that I am not sure how to fix... the following is my issue, I have copy-pasted it for your convenience, as I am not coding savvy...
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.Text.StringBuilder.ToString()
at System.IO.StringWriter.ToString()
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObjectInternal(Object value, Type type, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObject(Object value, Type type, Formatting formatting, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at RecipeBrowser.LootCacheManager.Setup(Mod recipeBrowserMod)
at RecipeBrowser.RecipeBrowser.PostAddRecipes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.PostAddRecipes()
Not sure how this can be happening, only idea is some mods are dropping items on every enemy and making the file large. Just try again.

First of all, thanks for adding the loot from enemies <3

Second, if possible, Could you add a similar way to see the loot of the enemies, but now in the articles sold by the Town NPCs?

Could you add a similar way to see the loot of the enemies, but now in the articles sold by the Town NPCs?

This x100. Non-dropped/crafted items still require a wiki to find the details of, which is especially difficult in mods with little to no documentation. Stuff from vendors (and maybe the conditions required, eg: only during a full moon), specific chests/biomes/crates, etc. would make this an even more amazing one-stop shop and pretty much eliminate the need for a wiki.

excuse-me, just a suggestion please?

how about in the mobs viewer, add in the specifics of its spawning?
such as time of day, height level, biome, flags, summoned by... and as for bosses, the items that summons them

Kind of a weird issue to report:

The first time you open the full item list or beastiary tab in a session, clicking to close the Recipe Browser window will then always (for that game session, at least) result in a noticeable 1-2 second freeze even if you're on the recipe tab. However, if you use the bound hotkey to close the window it will not do this. I only mention it because it kind of seems indicative of something odd and unintended going on. The freeze is somewhat expected on my setup due to the three large content mods I use, but I found it strange that the hotkey bypasses that problem.

Game and mods are up to date (well, up to tModLoader 0.10.1.1... waiting for mod updates before going to 0.10.1.2), details on what I use are in my signature.

Kind of a weird issue to report:

The first time you open the full item list or beastiary tab in a session, clicking to close the Recipe Browser window will then always (for that game session, at least) result in a noticeable 1-2 second freeze even if you're on the recipe tab. However, if you use the bound hotkey to close the window it will not do this. I only mention it because it kind of seems indicative of something odd and unintended going on. The freeze is somewhat expected on my setup due to the three large content mods I use, but I found it strange that the hotkey bypasses that problem.

Game and mods are up to date (well, up to tModLoader 0.10.1.1... waiting for mod updates before going to 0.10.1.2), details on what I use are in my signature.
Hm, you are on v0.5.2 right now?

Yep. All other mods are on the most recent versions as well, outside of any super recent updates that are TML 0.10.1.2-specific.

Oh, that info is impossible to infer programatically, so it won't happen.

is it? '-' i thought since the mod does scans what every mob drops, it could scan its specifics spawns conditions as well
for example, if a certain mob spawns only at underground hallow, it'd show height: underground, biome: hallow or something like that

is it? '-' i thought since the mod does scans what every mob drops, it could scan its specifics spawns conditions as well
for example, if a certain mob spawns only at underground hallow, it'd show height: underground, biome: hallow or something like that
well, I could make some assumptions and try generating simulation results, but it's not gonna be pretty. I'd have to try. Right now I'm working on a few other features, so it'll have to wait.

Idk what it is about this mod but sometimes when I go to click out of the recipe browser my keyboard won't respond in game anymore. It still works cause my hotkey for discord and typing work but in game nothing happens. Its like my game stops accepting commands. So far I have only found two ways out of it, 1 is alt f4 and the other is to talk to a NPC, go to their shop menu, click settings and then exit.

Back
Top Bottom