Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Which I have not gotten yet. I got Meowmere to drop, not the Last Prism. And it's not the pillars that are the problem... It's the crap they spawn. The nebula pillar's enemies in particular are horrible.
Just use the Spectre Set w/hood and a Mythical Razorblade Typhoon. That armor-weapon combo works wonders for fighting the pillars.

It seems to be related to how fast the background moves compared to your movement. Although I’m not absolutely sure...
OK I guess I’m gonna have to test that out for myself later

I don’t know why I didn’t do this sooner but I looked it up on the wiki yeah you’re right it does have things to do with background movement forgive me I can be clueless sometimes

so i may have come up with a theory ... its cuz my very large house is constructed of Meteorite ... i like the glow of the brick so i made the whole house out of it.. and marble wall but the wall doesn't glow.. and then to file the gaps I started placing diamond torches and then after that is when my world just is wrecked an unplayable.. im not able the do anything in the world as the frames drop and the brick appears missing but is still there and everything is clipping.. its just a thought but could there be a limit to the about of "glowly" illuminating object on the screen.. i dont know if that the right way to explain it but i think its caused by my meteorite brick everywhere giving off a glow an then the sparkly gold chest evereywhere .. cuz i can go into any other world an its just fine.. those are basic style red brick or stone or wood houses.. i decided to make a fancy new house for expert mode :) any thoughts.. also, ive removed all dyes of any kind from my hair and equip, didnt help ..

thoughts on the meteorite brick house theory anyone?

update:
so i tried to log into the meteorite world 3x in a row an it was all glitchy an unplayable.. with my main original char .. so i decided to try a newer char an everything was fine so then i tried my old original again.. an it works... so i wonder if somehow my char is bugged IDK .. an logging in with a new guy will be a temp workaround... cuz i tell ya the patience level was growing thin on having to log in.. logout .. login .. logout... then hard reset.. try again with no change that's when i decided to try different char & see if that changes something.. and it did..

p.s. apologizes to any1 if I ruffled your feathers in past posts.. i've spent allooott of time in this game (like many others im sure) an I just wanna relax after a long day at work & everyone gone to bed an just turn on some terraria an dig an try an find an enchanted cave or something cool ya know and when ya spend 40 mins trying to get the world to load properly, your just beyond yourself & wanna call it quits..

Last edited:
Pic of this? I wonder if it is like on PC where you can get some "where you were" on the main screen sometimes.

Second one is known by PW - its a case of "it looks bad, but doesn't actually harm gameplay.... so it isn't a priority vs other things"

"Daylight" map -what you have now - is what is intended/should have been all along. What you had before was another "tweak" from the old days.
That's exactly what it's like. When I exit and save it's part of where I am on the menu page. Again nothing terrible just didn't know if it had been addressed.

I haven't experienced anything bad yet and I'm putting a lot of hours into this update.
[doublepost=1518899404,1518899235][/doublepost]Anyone else feel like they are missing so many cool things and loot because of the new map? I'm so used to a area being opened up and not just where light reaches.

I can't imagine everything I have probably walked under or over and not have a clue it was there.

Today was an interesting day of playing Terraria.

My generating new worlds to hunt sword shrines finally paid off... In the last world I made, I found the Arkhalis finally. Also returned to my main world with an inventory full of strange plants (5 red, 3 orange, 3 purple, 1 green) and traded them in for dyes. I'm up to 27/33 strange dyes collected. Need the grim dye, living flame dye, reflective obsidian dye, shadow dye, Skiphs's blood, and infernal wisp dyes to complete the full set.

Back in my main world, I was waiting for the day to change over so I could do another fishing quest and I got a blood moon. Went to UFO-hover under my stretch of artificial Hallowed desert while letting my star cells do all the killing (I was using them to keep pests off my back while hunting shrines so I had a necromantic scroll equipped to give me two of them). Along with the blood zombies and dripplers and regular zombies, I was getting buzzed by gastropods, pixies, and unicorns dropping from the Hallowed desert. At the end of the blood moon, I'd gotten another blessed apple and two unicorns-on-a-stick. That's three rare drops in one blood moon. Pretty damn good luck, I'd say.

And then the pirates showed up XD

Is anyone having a problem when a door opens one way but when u walk the other way it don’t open coz somethings there y doesn’t it just open the same way it closed it makes building in expert mode a little more difficult
[doublepost=1518978119,1518977895][/doublepost]I have got the meowmere, Terrarian, S.D.M.G, lunar portal and the rainbow Cristal staff

Is anyone having a problem when a door opens one way but when u walk the other way it don’t open coz somethings there y doesn’t it just open the same way it closed it makes building in expert mode a little more difficult
[doublepost=1518978119,1518977895][/doublepost]I have got the meowmere, Terrarian, S.D.M.G, lunar portal and the rainbow Cristal staff
Yes. Same problem with doors for me sometimes. I also have a issue where if I am close enough to a door and a town NPC goes through it the door will stay open.

I got extremely lucky. No enchanted swords or arkhalis in my expert world. Loaded up a corruption world just to have for expert farming and got a enchanted swords and arkhalis on same world.

Last edited:
I've only managed to kill Moon Lord once. I've tried a half dozen other times but every time he manages to kill me first. It's most infuriating when he's on his last sliver of health and the goddamn healing potion cooldown is screwing me over. I need a co-op partner to help farm him. Hopefully the friend I play with most often's Xbox will be working properly tomorrow so we can do some farming.

Went into my trophy room world and dug down to the cavern layer to farm nymphs. Got a Lost Girl spawn pretty quick, and she dropped the metal detector. Now I have the GPS, the R.E.K. 3000, and the goblin tech. Just have to get the weather radio and the sextant from the angler so I can make the fish finder. Which is likely to take forever.

Found a strange plant in my main world and traded it in to the dye trader. He gave me the grim dye back. Now I just need five more.

Summoned two goblin invasions. Got four shadowflame hex dolls and one shadowflame knife. Still need the bow. Also tore down my small artificial Corruption (I have more than enough vile mushrooms and rotten chunks, and I'm sick of random world feeders spawning and killing my NPCs) and replaced it with a garden setup for the potion plants. Now if only I could get the fireblossoms to grow again... They were blooming fine before in a small lava pool but they haven't bloomed since the update. How do I grow them now?

Do I still need to submerge waterleaf in water to make them grow?

While I was down farming the Lost Girl, I found a spider cavern and was using my Solar Eruption to clear webs. The flail went invisible and the broken webs were falling very, very slowly. When a wall crawler got hit there was a very slow-motion explosion. I thought I was about to lag out or freeze so I saved and exited very quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom