Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only managed to kill Moon Lord once. I've tried a half dozen other times but every time he manages to kill me first. It's most infuriating when he's on his last sliver of health and the goddamn healing potion cooldown is screwing me over. I need a co-op partner to help farm him. Hopefully the friend I play with most often's Xbox will be working properly tomorrow so we can do some farming.

Went into my trophy room world and dug down to the cavern layer to farm nymphs. Got a Lost Girl spawn pretty quick, and she dropped the metal detector. Now I have the GPS, the R.E.K. 3000, and the goblin tech. Just have to get the weather radio and the sextant from the angler so I can make the fish finder. Which is likely to take forever.

Found a strange plant in my main world and traded it in to the dye trader. He gave me the grim dye back. Now I just need five more.

Summoned two goblin invasions. Got four shadowflame hex dolls and one shadowflame knife. Still need the bow. Also tore down my small artificial Corruption (I have more than enough vile mushrooms and rotten chunks, and I'm sick of random world feeders spawning and killing my NPCs) and replaced it with a garden setup for the potion plants. Now if only I could get the fireblossoms to grow again... They were blooming fine before in a small lava pool but they haven't bloomed since the update. How do I grow them now?

Do I still need to submerge waterleaf in water to make them grow?

While I was down farming the Lost Girl, I found a spider cavern and was using my Solar Eruption to clear webs. The flail went invisible and the broken webs were falling very, very slowly. When a wall crawler got hit there was a very slow-motion explosion. I thought I was about to lag out or freeze so I saved and exited very quickly.
Got 7 sextants before the fisherman's pocket guide finally dropped, a good trick is to have autopause on and drop a item when u are fishing it will cast more lines, keep dropping 1 item at a time till u have a decent amount of lures bobbing up and down, go underwater to cancel any caught fish and when u come back up all lures will start moving at the same time then reel them in to maximise amount of items caught. If you chuck on a crate potion OMG I now have about a million crates

Got 7 sextants before the fisherman's pocket guide finally dropped, a good trick is to have autopause on and drop a item when u are fishing it will cast more lines, keep dropping 1 item at a time till u have a decent amount of lures bobbing up and down, go underwater to cancel any caught fish and when u come back up all lures will start moving at the same time then reel them in to maximise amount of items caught

The sextant is a reward from the fisherman. I have to catch the quest fish and give it to him for the reward. What I would prefer to do is get the fish, save, and then hand it to the fisherman and see what I get back. If I don't get what I need, exit without saving, and try again until I get the desired item. But the exit without saving option was removed. Which was utterly and completely stupid. All I can do now is endless fishing quests until RNG decides to cooperate.

The sextant is a reward from the fisherman. I have to catch the quest fish and give it to him for the reward. What I would prefer to do is get the fish, save, and then hand it to the fisherman and see what I get back. If I don't get what I need, exit without saving, and try again until I get the desired item. But the exit without saving option was removed. Which was utterly and completely stupid. All I can do now is endless fishing quests until RNG decides to cooperate.
If you use my method you will have multiples of every quest fish and it only costs one bait, I use my piggy bank then move them to chests, RNG is another problem she can be a harsh mistress. You can dashboard but I don't recommend it because it can corrupt your save

If you use my method you will have multiples of every quest fish and it only costs one bait, I use my piggy bank then move them to chests, RNG is another problem she can be a harsh mistress. You can dashboard but I don't recommend it because it can corrupt your save

I have multiples of the most pain-in-the-:red: quest fish. Fishrons and mirage fish. Everything else isn't that hard, and it lets me kill time until the quest resets. Because the enchanted sundial can only be used once an in-game week.

I have multiples of the most pain-in-the-:red: quest fish. Fishrons and mirage fish. Everything else isn't that hard, and it lets me kill time until the quest resets. Because the enchanted sundial can only be used once an in-game week.
If you are having bother farming the moon lord on expert I use a box with 9 mob statues (spikey balls above them) a heart lantern, campfire and honey, I'm a melee character so I use solar eruption and I use wormscarf, frozen turtle shell everything else +4 defense. He has never killed me once in the box lol

If you are having bother farming the moon lord on expert I use a box with 9 mob statues (spikey balls above them) a heart lantern, campfire and honey, I'm a melee character so I use solar eruption and I use wormscarf, frozen turtle shell everything else +4 defense. He has never killed me once in the box lol

Not expert. Ranged character. I can't seem to get enough distance to avoid his attacks and the potion cooldown on the healing potions royally screws me over... It's too damn long and I can't heal when I get too low. Then he kills me.

Not expert. Ranged character. I can't seem to get enough distance to avoid his attacks and the potion cooldown on the healing potions royally screws me over... It's too damn long and I can't heal when I get too low. Then he kills me.
Have you tried asphalt runways and sunflowers? Plus u can make the charm of myths (band of regen & philosopher's stone)

Have you tried asphalt runways and sunflowers? Plus u can make the charm of myths (band of regen & philosopher's stone)

No. I use a UFO, an SDMG a friend gave to me, and all accessories to maximize damage. My ranged character runs very slowly. According to the wiki the Moon Lord's attacks don't go up at more than a 30-degree angle so I try to fly up and down. But I'm not fast enough to outrun him, and he still manages to catch me with that death ray.

You fight him your way. I fight him my way. Things people suggest often don't work for me for one reason or another. I would prefer to have a partner to take aggro and keep the ugly beast from despawning so I can respawn, or just go visit the nurse, and then kill his :red:

No. I use a UFO, an SDMG a friend gave to me, and all accessories to maximize damage. My ranged character runs very slowly. According to the wiki the Moon Lord's attacks don't go up at more than a 30-degree angle so I try to fly up and down. But I'm not fast enough to outrun him, and he still manages to catch me with that death ray.

You fight him your way. I fight him my way. Things people suggest often don't work for me for one reason or another. I would prefer to have a partner to take aggro and keep the ugly beast from despawning so I can respawn, or just go visit the nurse, and then kill his :red:
will do dude just away to count my 1500 luminite bars but hey what do I know only beat him every time I face him and never know defeat. Good luck with no armor all damage approach lol

I just fly in a circle around him with the flairon, kills him super fast

I just fly in a circle around him with the flairon, kills him super fast

How do I stop him from getting on top of me, though. That's the problem... I try to fly around him but he closes the distance and is right on top of me again.

Tried a melee kill once and failed miserably... That was with the Solar Eruption, though. My only gripe with that is the need to actually aim, unlike the flairon, and that the cursor moves across the screen so slowly. So changing aim takes precious time

How do I stop him from getting on top of me, though. That's the problem... I try to fly around him but he closes the distance and is right on top of me again.

Tried a melee kill once and failed miserably... That was with the Solar Eruption, though. My only gripe with that is the need to actually aim, unlike the flairon, and that the cursor moves across the screen so slowly. So changing aim takes precious time
The solar eruption is best used on his heart, the daybreak is best used on his first stage on his hands and head and if possible get the cosmic car key or the shrimpy truffle for flight if you don't have solar flare equivalent wings. Or if you have the terrarian then use that with the yoyo glove or bag.

The solar eruption is best used on his heart, the daybreak is best used on his first stage on his hands and head and if possible get the cosmic car key or the shrimpy truffle for flight if you don't have solar flare equivalent wings. Or if you have the terrarian then use that with the yoyo glove or bag.

I've been using the cosmic car key/UFO mount. Can't make the wings b/c I don't have enough luminite; I only had enough to make the helm and legs for the solar armor. Only managed to kill him once and he dropped Meowmere

I made a box with the nurse in it whenever I got to 200 I healed myself. I was using beetle armor and the daybreak with a stardust dragon. ( I’m a mix between melee and summoner) I also had a campfire, a bewitching table, and a heart lantern. With this I didn’t die at all.
[doublepost=1519055186,1519055116][/doublepost]
Can anyone tell me what a key of light and a key of night do
You put them in an empty chest and they make a mimic of the corruption/crimson (key of night) or a hallowed mimic (key of light)

Get rekt, Moon Lord...

My friend's Xbox was indeed working today and we got some kills in. Two Meowmeres, two Celebration cannons, a Terrarian, and the Star Wrath. Both of us are now in full vortex armor, and my melee character has full solar flare armor. Once, through much derping on our part, the Moon Lord and the two of us achieved a mutual kill... He killed us at the same time we killed him. Nothing was dropped except words I can't repeat here. We're gonna keep farming him until we have all his drops and all the armor sets. And possibly enough extra armor that I can put full sets on the womannequins in my trophy room.

The angler is still being a massive jerk. I got the fisherman's pocket guide for the third time, two sets of the fish costume, and more bait than I can shake a stick at XP But he still will not yield the last two items I need.

Last edited:
The angler is still being a massive jerk. I got the fisherman's pocked guide for the third time, two sets of the fish costume, and more bait than I can shake a stick at XP But he still will not yield the last two items I need.

Yeah, I had that problem. In the end I used my mining mount, endless bucket and enchanted sundial. Make a new small world and find the angler, fish for the first quest item and hand it in, wait for the morning then fish for the next quest item and hand it in, use the sundial and then fish for a third quest item and hand that in. That way you can get 3 quests out of one world in a fairly short amount of time. Then just delete the world and start again.

The mount and bucket really help, as you can get to any biome quickly and easily make a lake to fish in. The mining mount takes some work to get though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom