Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I had that problem. In the end I used my mining mount, endless bucket and enchanted sundial. Make a new small world and find the angler, fish for the first quest item and hand it in, wait for the morning then fish for the next quest item and hand it in, use the sundial and then fish for a third quest item and hand that in. That way you can get 3 quests out of one world in a fairly short amount of time. Then just delete the world and start again.

The mount and bucket really help, as you can get to any biome quickly and easily make a lake to fish in. The mining mount takes some work to get though lol

I don't have the water bucket. I've gotten the pocket guide (x3), the gold bug net, and the super absorbent sponge (x3). But not the water bucket yet.

That's exactly what it's like. When I exit and save it's part of where I am on the menu page. Again nothing terrible just didn't know if it had been addressed.

Actually experienced this first hand on Friday. Part of my house remained on screen for like 3s and then poofed. So strange. Not a gamebreaker, at least.

Anyone else feel like they are missing so many cool things and loot because of the new map? I'm so used to a area being opened up and not just where light reaches.

I can't imagine everything I have probably walked under or over and not have a clue it was there.

That is actually the intent/the way it was supposed to be all along. Game about exploration and all that... "what's around the next corner/in the next cave" - having omniscient powers via the map to see that ahead of time defeats that feeling. ;)

I was a little disappointed with the new way the map reveals, but now I quite like it. The right weapons can make all the difference; Meowmere is great for open cave networks, and the Lunar Flare for hidden caves. The only trouble with those being that by the time you have them, you're kind of passed exploring lol. I'm trying to recall what I use pre-Moon Lord.

Anyone having a problem with the game freezing when they save and quit, which causes a forced close, and when you reload it, you've lost the progress you made? It's happened to me twice now. I've reported it both times. This is a bug that would cause people to jump ship!

Boss farming in multiplayer is best done with occasional save-exit-close game-reloads to clear bugginess. When a wyvern whose attention you've attracted while flying across the world is fritzing so that it looks like its legs are above its back, time for a reload.

Did have success farming Moon Lord today. He dropped two more Star Wraths, two Last Prisms, three more Celebration cannons (they sell for quite a bit), another Terrarian, and the Rainbow Crystal Staff. I love that staff... It's doing over 200 damage with the right modifier while used by a ranged character who isn't set up for using any kind of magic. It's an immense help with the nebula and solar pillars, which I find are the two biggest pains in the :red: to deal with.

Still need to get the portal staff, the Lunar Flare, the SDMG just so I can say I have one I'd gotten legit instead of it being given to me, and Boss Tentacle Face has yet to drop his mask.

I now have all four of the new armor sets, and my friend has three of the four. We're working on getting enough luminite for a couple of drill containment units.

I need to take a day and go on a fishing spree... I need ebonkoi for more wrath potions, variegated lardfish for summoning potions, and a couple other kinds of potion fish. Also running low on moonglow and need to expand my herb farm.

Also had an unplanned Martian invasion after one Moon Lord kill today. We were picking up coins and hearts off the ground when a Martian probe cruised by. AT GROUND LEVEL. It caught me in its scanner beam and suddenly there are aliens everywhere.

At one point while we were killing pillars I got a message about an immanent goblin army. We were three pillars into the event and decided to wait a bit, but the goblins never showed. Even after we beat the pillars and the Moon Lord and exited/reloaded the entire game, no goblins ever appeared. I think they might have gotten cancelled out by the ongoing lunar invasion. Anyone have any thoughts?

Angler coughed up the sextant finally. Now just need the weather radio. I also got two bottomless water buckets (will give one to my friend) and my third and fourth super-absorbent sponges.

Last edited:
Anyone having a problem with the game freezing when they save and quit, which causes a forced close, and when you reload it, you've lost the progress you made? It's happened to me twice now. I've reported it both times. This is a bug that would cause people to jump ship!

Please report any AutoSave / Saving bugs that you experience HERE

Loki has asked in that thread if anyone else was having this issue so that they could narrow down a fix so anyone who can post there will help the cause.

Is your Autosave ON or OFF?

Actually experienced this first hand on Friday. Part of my house remained on screen for like 3s and then poofed. So strange. Not a gamebreaker, at least.

That is actually the intent/the way it was supposed to be all along. Game about exploration and all that... "what's around the next corner/in the next cave" - having omniscient powers via the map to see that ahead of time defeats that feeling. ;)
The more I play the more I actually like this feature. It just took some time to get used to. I only really built on the PC version never actually progressed very far. What are your guys suggestions for helping explore properly? Item wise

Ok so idk if this is bugged or not, BUT, I was messing around with item frames(not item racks) and I decided to paint it black, I painted it and it got painted, but the item never showed, Idk if this is a bug or not, but I wanted to let u guys know

Ok so idk if this is bugged or not, BUT, I was messing around with item frames(not item racks) and I decided to paint it black, I painted it and it got painted, but the item never showed, Idk if this is a bug or not, but I wanted to let u guys know
Did you use shadow paint?

Only got a little bit in today.

- My autosave works (found out the hard way when my net disconnected and kicked me off my profile - only lost ~2 mins). So there must be some variable that is messing it up for others?

- I think I sorted out what's up with the Slime Rain backdrop (if you fly very high you can see that it is actually a layering issue... where the slime rain is falling behind the normal background). It is there, just a layer behind where it should be. :)

Reactions:
Probably just a little bit over 36 hours trying to get the Fishermans pocket guide almost 3 days I think the angler need to find guillotine lol the RNG God hates me

Probably just a little bit over 36 hours trying to get the Fishermans pocket guide almost 3 days I think the angler need to find guillotine lol the RNG God hates me

I've got a spare. Bugger gave me 3 of the things but won't give me the weather radio ><

Anybody found a hoplite statue yet? I want one to put in my skelly statue farm to get the gladiator armor. Found a couple of marble caves underground but all I'm getting is chestplates and javelins.

Was puttering around in my new drill mount today... OMG it makes exploring so much easier underground. Does clog up your inventory pretty quick, though...

Found and killed several more nymphs while I was at it. Finally got a second metal detector so my friend can make the cell phone (he doesn't have the patience for item farming; I have both the patience and the stubbornness to do it so I do most of the farming). I still need the weather radio but the angler is being a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom