tModLoader Vex's Mods - Gore Galore, Alt-Use, Hotkeys, Quality of Life, and more!

Vexie

Terrarian
Hi friends :)

I'd made some mods for personal use, and I was recently inspired to release them. All mods are currently available on the Mod Browser. Please report any and all bugs you may find!

Gore Galore
Aa5FtUR.png

Gore Galore adds absurd amounts of blood any time an enemy (or the player) is hit. The direction and speed of the blood is determined based on what caused the damage.

• Fz1NTdr.gif

The blood also sticks to the ceiling and to walls, and slowly drips down.

• 3xliqkx.gif

The amount of blood that's created can be edited in your Mod Configs folder.

Download link: On the Mod Browser (or Direct Link)

Known Bugs
* None so far

Changelog
v1.0 - Release
v0.1.1 - Pre-release

Source Code: Direct Download

Vex's Hotkeys (and Alt-Use)
iTiJZ7O.png

Inspired by jopojelly's Helpful Hotkeys mod (Link), Vex's Hotkeys adds several useful hotkeys to the game.

Alt-Use Hotkeys
* Press a registered hotkey to immediately switch to and use the item in the corresponding inventory slot
* Continues using the item as long as the hotkey is held down

• hVXqSFq.gif

* 19 available hotkeys, corresponding to inventory slots 1-19
* Safe to assign to right click - won't activate the item if there's something important under the cursor
- Make your own gunblade!​

Summon Staff Hotkey
* Finds the first available summoning item in the player's inventory and alt-uses it
* Search begins at top left, and searches each row left to right

Piggy Bank Hotkey
* Immediately uses the player's Money Trough, if it's in the inventory
* Automatically right-clicks the flying piggy bank that was summoned

Select Safe Hotkey
* Immediately switches to the player's safe, if it's in the inventory

Bug Net Hotkey
* Immediately switches to the player's bug net, and swings it once

Tome of Sight Hotkey
* For use with Vex's Quality of Life Items mod
* Immediately finds and uses the player's Tome of Improved Sight or Tome of True Sight, if it's in the inventory

Quest Fish Hotkey
* Displays the quest fish of the day, as well as where to find it

Known Bugs
* When using an alt-use hotkey assigned to right-click, the item still activates even if the smart-cursor has a tile selected for interaction.

Changelog
v1.0 - Release
v0.1.1 - Pre-release

Vex's Quality of Life Items
a5E6nuw.png

A small mod which adds a few useful items to the game.

0jdb92a.png
Broken Rod of Teleportation
* An early-game alternative to the Rod of Discord.
* Has several restrictions:
- Limited teleport range
- Always takes 1/7th of the player's max health
- Inflicts Chaos State for 10 seconds, and cannot be used at all in Chaos State
- Inflicts Slow and Cursed Flames debuff
* Crafted at an anvil using 10 of any gold bar, 1 mana crystal, and 1 of each vanilla gem stone

scl6qaD.png
Tome of Improved Sight
* Magic item which grants Night Owl buff and Shine buff
* Uses all of the player's mana, and gives one second of buff for each mana spent
* Right-click using the item also grants the Magic Lantern light source
* Crafted at a workbench using 1 book, 2 lenses, 1 blink root, 1 mana crystal, 1 night owl potion, and 1 shine potion

D2Cw3Ns.png
Tome of True Sight
* Magic item which grants Night Owl, Shine, Dangersense, Spelunker, and Hunter buffs
* Also grants custom True Sight buff, which greatly illuminates the player, and also illuminates the tile under the cursor
* Also drains half of the user's life, and inflicts a large number of debuffs, each lasting 1.5 seconds
* Uses 200 mana
* Right-click using the item also grants the Suspicious-Looking Tentacle light source
* Crafted at a workbench using 1 tome of improved sight, 1 hunter potion, 1 dangersense potion, 1 spelunker potion, 5 souls of light, 5 souls of sight, and 1 eye of the golem

Known Bugs
* None so far!

Changelog
v1.0.3 - Full release
v1.0.1 - Icon update
v1.0 - Release

That's all for now. Please leave any and all feedback, requests, complaints, etc. right here in this thread, I'm happy to hear it all!

Last edited:
The gore mod is pretty cool, I couldn't find it in the mod browser though so I used the direct link.

I always appreciate a good gore mod. Blood dripping from ceilings is something I always wanted, especially in Crimson caves.

The gore mod is pretty cool, I couldn't find it in the mod browser though so I used the direct link.

Thank you for the report! At the moment, my Mod Browser never stops spinning, and is therefore completely broken. But I'll definitely look into this as soon as it comes back online.

I really, really like your Gore mod!
But could you please change the gore color of the slimes? Seeing red junks from a green or blue slime is kinda irritating. :confused:

I really, really like your Gore mod!
But could you please change the gore color of the slimes? Seeing red junks from a green or blue slime is kinda irritating. :confused:

Glad you like it! I'll get to this suggestion in the near-future, I have an idea that should be easy to implement.

Any chance you could add alt-use 20 so that both of the top two rows are covered?
Also, your staff-use ability is awesome, but it treats weapons from mods that do summon damage (such as the Strange Skull from Thorium) as a staff. If you could fix for this, or at least allow us to change the direction it searches from, that would be awesome! :D

What is that beautiful texture pack you are using called? Also the gore mod looks great downloading it right away!

Back
Top Bottom