tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

Hi i like a lot your idea and no one thinked about it before.

I have a question :
one of my goal with this mod is to make a chest where i put everything on me and sort everything with filter like :
-armors
-weapons
-accessories
-ammo
-consumable
-block
-plants
-ressources
-Metals
-Tools
-others

Is this possible ? Even if they're less filter than i ask, it could be nice.

Sorry for my english.

PS : I could do it with your filter system, but it'll take too much space and i need to know every items (with mods etc,...) it's gonna be hard.

PS 2 : I'm using your mod, recipe browser and tremor

PS 3 : The "others" filter isn't needed i think if i put nothing to filter this it's gonna take everything that filters didn't take right?

(yellow cable is your mod, and red one is the "new filter" that i'm asking to you)
(I forgot "Tools" and "Metals" on my screenshot)

1517753944-capture.png
Considering how many different weapons and other thing there are in terraria something like this would be quite useful.
I kinda like this idea a lot, but we'd need a way to have the mod identify what it's looking for, and not all of these would be easy to code for.
Most of these, like equipment, different kinds of weapons and ammo are quite easy to filter for. I know Magic Storage does it. (It's right here: https://github.com/blushiemagic/MagicStorage/blob/master/Sorting/ItemFilter.cs)

Most of these, like equipment, different kinds of weapons and ammo are quite easy to filter for. I know Magic Storage does it. (It's right here: https://github.com/blushiemagic/MagicStorage/blob/master/Sorting/ItemFilter.cs)

True, but they only use Weapons, tools, equipment, potions, placeables, and others as their categories in their interfaces. And it isn't perfect, as some potions end up in the "other" category. Also, if we try to define a difference between plants and other placeables/others, that isn't clarified in game so easily. Some tools are actually in the weapons category because they "work better as weapons", despite being clearly tools with battle-friendly traits. Like the Butcher's Chainsaw.

This is amazing! I made an autofishing farm with this and luiafk in prehardmode. But it would be great if you added an autosell injector thing, so I could just filter some junk items and transfer them into money.

Last edited:
Hi i made a bomb factory with Mechtransfert mod (this factory isn't optimized but it works) :

Without wire :
1518880773-bombfarmnowire.png

With wire :

1518880775-bombfarmwire.png

Launch it with bottom switch and stop it with top lever

Last edited:
Is there any way of splitting items between two chests? I want to make a machine that turns half of my sand into glass and the rest gets kept in another chest for other stuff.

So I am using your mod, with Infinity and Thorium, and me and my friend are having an issue.
Long story short I set up 8 omni turrets with the Infinity mods Chlorophite Pouch, and my friend is able to hurt himself and npcs. However, It doesn't hurt me, and him and npcs get hurt by the bullets shot by the turrets, but I do not.
Here's the set up for the turrets
photo_2018-02-20_20-04-10.jpg

photo_2018-02-20_20-06-14.jpg

His gun and his accessory was doing it, and my testing showed that any projectiles would. That was including any magic/thrown/ranged melee damage. However swords and such wouldn't hurt them. Trying to replicate this on my character, I was unable to.

So I am using your mod, with Infinity and Thorium, and me and my friend are having an issue.
Long story short I set up 8 omni turrets with the Infinity mods Chlorophite Pouch, and my friend is able to hurt himself and npcs. However, It doesn't hurt me, and him and npcs get hurt by the bullets shot by the turrets, but I do not.
Here's the set up for the turrets
View attachment 194501
View attachment 194504
His gun and his accessory was doing it, and my testing showed that any projectiles would. That was including any magic/thrown/ranged melee damage. However swords and such wouldn't hurt them. Trying to replicate this on my character, I was unable to.
So... Ok, I don't quite understand exactly who can't hurt who with what here, but if the issue happens with projectiles not fired from turrets as well, then it's probably not related to MechTransfer. Are you using host and play or a dedicated server? Do you perhaps have an unstable internet connection?

Oh, btw about Portable Storage, I contacted the author, and quantum entangled chests should now support MechTransfer. (As of v1.0.1 I believe.)

It was only happening after we installed MechTransfer, and stopped happening after we uninstalled it. And it did only happen when the bullets were firing. NPCS such as the Arms Dealer and the nurse would get hurt, but NPCS such as the angler and the witch doctor were immune. It was him hosting, so the fact that he was able to hurt them when it was firing would not be an internet issue. I spent multiple hours testing all kinds of things to try it out, and it all pointed to mech transfer.
[doublepost=1519441723,1519441655][/doublepost]My friend (Person A, The host) Could hurt NPCS and would get hurt by the bullets shot by omni turrets. I (Person B, Not host) Could NOT hurt npcs and would NOT get hurt by the bullets.

It was only happening after we installed MechTransfer, and stopped happening after we uninstalled it. And it did only happen when the bullets were firing. NPCS such as the Arms Dealer and the nurse would get hurt, but NPCS such as the angler and the witch doctor were immune. It was him hosting, so the fact that he was able to hurt them when it was firing would not be an internet issue. I spent multiple hours testing all kinds of things to try it out, and it all pointed to mech transfer.
[doublepost=1519441723,1519441655][/doublepost]My friend (Person A, The host) Could hurt NPCS and would get hurt by the bullets shot by omni turrets. I (Person B, Not host) Could NOT hurt npcs and would NOT get hurt by the bullets.
Ah, I see what's going on. Thanks for the report, I'll look into it.

Ah, I see what's going on. Thanks for the report, I'll look into it.
Thanks. I think your mod is, in all honestly, :red:ing brilliant. I have been DYING to use it and my friend breaking the damn game with your mod in it really put a damper on things. I'm hoping I can identify the problem more acutely.

OK, so it seems like pointing the cursor at transfer filters crashes the game. It used to work fine and I don't know what happened

The original post.

if you mean the one were it shows what the mod can do yeah, i did, and i also did the exact same thing, it says it can (interact) with magic storage, but it lacks info, like how does it work, it simply show what to use and where to pace it, cause i placed some wood inside the chest and magic storage doesnt see it.

Back
Top Bottom