tModLoader Another RPG Mod

Hello Everyone

A(nother) RPG mod is just another rpg mod in the neighboor
The mods add level and experiences!
Ennemies will grow in power as you kill boss!
Your weapon will gain experiences and power as you use them and even reaching impossible power !

The mod have 8 main Stats for character :

Vit (Vitality) : Increase Health and Slighty Armor
Foc (Focus) : Increase mana and Slighty Summon Damage
Con (Constitution) : Increase Armor and Slighty Health
Str (Strength) : Increase Melee damage and Slighty Throw Damage
Agi (Agility) : Increase Ranged Damage and Slighty Melee Damage
Dex (Dexterity) : Increase Trow Damage and Slighty Ranged Damage
Int (Intelect) : Increase Magic Damage and Slighty Mana
Spr (Spirit) : Increase Summon Damage and Slighty Magic Damage

(left click spend 1 , right click 5, middle 25 , Shift upgrade to the next level , shift right , increase by 5 level and shift middle 25 level , and finaly shift + control spend all your points into the stats)

Check the option, You can open the Skill Tree with a keybind

I have many future plan for the mod, but still very open to sugestion, also realy looking for feedback to balance and fix stuff, so don't be shy !

Download
PlexusDuMenton/AnotherRpgMod
Source : PlexusDuMenton/AnotherRpgMod

Discord : Join the Another RPG mod & CivIdle Discord Server!

Fix Crash when leaving/saving, sorry for the issue

Update to Tmod 0.11.3 (not realy sure it change anything)
Fix Evolution Points bug (also ascending points reset but they have no use yet :p )
Fix Server error on Non-equipement item ("Above IOException error caused by ItemUpdate from the AnotherRpgMod mod while reading")

-1.3 - KUALITY ITAIM UPDAT
Ingame config (look in the menu)
Added two new command
/rarity - Reroll rarity and modifier for 33% of the item value
/itemtree - Reroll Item tree for the entire item value
FIXED MULTIPLAYER DESYNC (Definetive edition)
COMPLETE OVERALL OF THE ITEM LEVELING SYSTEM (can be toggle to old system in config option) :
Added Item Tree, Each item have a skill tree (look in the bind to open it)
Changed the way item Gain XP
Changed how Life Leech work, Cap the lifeleech as Health regen (10%) over a time, also added healthbar effect when in effect :
https://i.imgur.com/we4jgzk.png
HugeBalance Overall :

Reduction of player Health, Damage, Regen
Reduction of ennemies Health, Damage, Regen, Armor
Reduced armor of enemy by 5 in the early game
Huge reduction of xp, especialy for late game

Others player class and level are now displayed in multiplyer
Deleted Vanilla UI
Buff are now displayer over healthbar
FIXED massive health lose when using health draining buff/debuff (so fixing kaioken and poison massive health drop)
Clean up a lot of mess, order stuff, better naming
Added DBZ mod,Tremor and Thorium Compatibility
Added Description when overing Stat
Huge Reduction on number overall the game and balance
Fixed spirit not apearing as an item bonus stats
Dex now give armor penetration
Inferior ranked item no longer give negative stats
Killing unique boss increase odd of getting better rarity on item
Reaching hardmode and defeating moonlord Increase "base rarity" for rarity roll on item

Attempt at fixing Game Crash in MP when taking an item out of Reforge
Fixed Item Xp (again because it was on player until then)
Fixed debuff damage being too high on player
Added back this damn /level command since you keep spamming me about this
Nerf at damage scaling with level for non-boss ennemies
Changed base xpDelta value from 5 to 10
New nerf of destroyer

Nerf of Monster rank and size modifier damage
Item Xp in config should work now
New config option for displayed name on screen (npc)
Monster rank and modifier will no longer we disabled with 'npcProgress' in config file
Some Worm npc still display name (can't fix that) but most of them won't

HIGLY Reduced Debuff damage (sorry ^^")
Nerf to Critical chance and critical damage at high stats value

-1.2.0 - ITEM UPDATE !
Added Rarity and Modifier on weapon, armor and accesories
Armor and accesories will give different stats based on rarity
Modifier ammount and power depend on item rarity level and ascenscion
Rarity affect base damage of a weapon
Rarity and modifier can be reroll on Reforge

MORE STABLE MP

Added NPC name display when not hovering them (along with some color depending on their level)
Added NPC detail when hovering them

Tries at making game more compatible with calamity (Huge nerf when calamity is loaded and gamemode is expert (I have no way to detect if revengeance or death mode is active but it should make the game a bit more balanced))
New Ascencion Name

Nerf to weapon xp past first ascension
Small expand to SkillTree
New Node Type in skill tree !
SkillTree loading should be fixed ! (OMG YES !)
Posibility to rescale skill tree
Posibility to ZOOM in and out in skilltree
Some bug fix with no class selected

Nerf Damage Stats
Buff armor and Health Stats !

Huge Improvement to Config files
Added Level cap on NPC max level based on players (config file to enable/disable this ! ) (actual value is Player level X 1.5 + 100)
Monster rarity and Modifier can be toggled on and off
Boss Modifier can be toggled on and off
Clustered boss modifier can be toggled on and off (for the cool kid) (base is off)
RPG part of the mod can be disactivated (no player level, stats and skilltree)
and many more , just check it out

Nerf for size modifier and rarity on npc
WORM BUG IS FIXED

-Fix projectiles bug with weapons

-Fix Weapon Xp Gain (fell like an idiot atm)
-Scale between Giant,Colossus and Titan are fixed (1.5,1.7,1.9)
-fixed Giant NPC ai (thank game for making some IA bug when scale is over 2 :D)

-Added Rank to NPC : Weak, (None) , Alpha, Elite , Legendary, Mythical, Godly , (AND AN HIDEN ONE !)
-Added modifier to NPC -Fixed Huge bug on Server that made the level scale very high
-Increase Expert Level increase per day
-Fixed Server Desync
-Ascended Ranged weapon now have correct ammont of projectile shoot when ... shoot
-Fixed Summon Weapon Summoning per ascend
-Fixed World Tier Not displaying in Multiplayer

-non-boss Npc start lower level for the first day and slowly increase until one week so it reached base value (would make first night and day a bit less hard and unbalanced)
-On expert world the npc grow per day have no limit but it slowed down after first week (arround 5% stronger per day (additively))
-Damage boost from class is now Stacked additively with other damage boost from skill tree instead of being multiplicative
-Higly Increase non-boss NPC Health in mid-late game (it was a one-Shot Fest)
-slight reduction on non-npc damage in mid-late game
-Increase of Xp gain for early and mid game

-MULTIPLAYER IS FIXED !
-Server will automaticaly send server config
-Config changed location to "D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs\AnRPG"
-Added more value in Setting (don't realy rememver if I use them, gonna check later)

-Skill tree upgrade, now bigged, a new tier of class (sorry icon are not updated)
-Added Reset Button for skill Tree
-Fixed Class not having the correct damage mult or wrong value

-Fixed armor formula error making armor multiplier being squared

-TownNPC no longer have op Health
-NPC no longer have negativ hp
-Life Leech is now based on player's health

-Bonus Level from "World" is now correctly displayed
-Changed Boss First Kill Sentence

-Tool now gain bonus attack speed per level instead of damage (2% multiplicativ per leve, 10% multiplicative on ascend)

Fixed some bug/glitch with Poison,Fire and other Damage on Time debuff both on player and ennemy
Added Tier One classes on skill tree
Increase MaxLevel of allready existing node from 5 to 100 (should be ok until level 500 now)

Fix Crash when loading character

just fixing description and mod image >.>

0.99 (1.0 beta)
Added skill tree (small one, more of a preview than anything)
Addec class (for now there is only 2 simple class)
Fixed bug with worms
You no longer can gain more than 5 level at the same time
Reduced exp gain on weapon when used on ennemy with too low or too high level (down to 10% at minimum)
Reduced Melee Weapon LifeLeech (again)
Slightly reduced Boss health scale but very slighty increased their damage scale

fix some weapon not gaining exp

Health from equipement will now stack !
Fix dungeon guardian exploit to levelup armor (boi !)
MoonLord projectile should deal damage now (I Hope !)
Nerfed destroyer (and all snake type boss (sorry Eater of world , you're a sacrifice))
Increase level gain on npc when killing boss (from 8 per boss to 13)
Nerf Level gain on entering hardmode (for + 35 to + 15, and reduce multiplier from 1.2 to 1.1)
Nerf base level on stats , but buff additional level from boss to stats (should make rescaled ennemy a bit more inline)
Now use int64 for item xp (instead of int32) which mean new max value is WAY GREATER

Armor now have experience (and ascend)
Each level increase armor by 0.5 (so one armor points every 2 level)
Each ascend increase armor by 30% but reset armor gain by level
Xp is gained each time you take damage

Penetration now reduce exp gained on weapon
Shift + click will now upgrade the whole level for the stats (right click = 5 , middle = 25)
Control + Shift + Click will now spend ALL your points into the stats
Prevent npc to have negative health
very slight nerf to ennemy health
Fix some bosses having huge damage nerf when changing
Armor & weapon now display base stat

Ascended weapon now require more experience to level up

Fix crash when hovering items

"Nerf is love , Nerf is life"
Fix healing scale again
Nerf damage gain from stats
nerf critical damage from stats, but add a flat +40% at base
Weapon Exp requirement also based on speed (quick weapon was way too fast to level up)
nerf ascending lifeleech
Huge Buff to Life gain with Vit and Con

Fix Healing item Scalign Way too much

Reduce Boss Damage (skeltron nerf fianly)
Nerf projectile damage a bit
Normal ennemy health scale is higly increase on higger level
Fixed TownNpc Health Scale being WAY too high
Nerf Ascended Weapon

Added a hotKey for stats menu "C"
Stats now have affect Crit Damage , Crit chance, HpRegen and Mp Regen
Ennemy projectiles damage now scale !
Skeleton Marchant and Bound NPC should now scale too
Dummy Target can no longer be used to farm Weapons xp (ho boi :p)

Cleanup Ui Code
Allow Ui to Scale HealthBarScale in config file

fix bug when having item with a ascending over 4
Npc grow in power as you kil lbosxs (like ennemies)

Ascencion level reset on join is fixed
Ascension level to obtain ascension is fixed (was lvl 1 >.>)
Fix reset on item being drop on mp servers
removes autoUse on magic & summon weapon on ascension

quick fix on ascended weapon damage display

0.12 -
Extended weapon upgrade :
When reaching level 11, item will ascend , reset his level to 0 and gaining powerfull bonus :
+100% base damage
+1 projectile (if have projectile)
AutoUse (or 40% attack speed gain if allready have autouse)
50% mana reduction (if use mana)
+1 max minion (if create minion)
then each new ascend will at (ascend level X 10) (20 for second ascend , 30 for third)
second ascend will give : 50% chance not to use ammo , +50% summon damage (summon weapon only)
starting at second ascend,each ascend will give :
100% base damage, +1 projectile, +1 minion(minion weapon),7.5% lifesteal (melee only), 7.5% mana regen (magic weaapon),
Fix minor that allowed adding points even when stats windows was closed

0.11 -
Added Weapon Experience and level, each time you use a weapon, it gain experience and possibly level that will increase weapon's damage by 10% per level
Changed a bit Healthbar, added Weapon XP bar, Moved healthbar up a bit to allow more compatiblities with chat and "Yet Another Boss Health Bar"
fix Ocasional crash for no reason when not oppening stats menu
Fix bug that make your character spawn with 3 missing stat on each stats

0.10 -
Change how stats work , you now have to put multiple points into a stats before it goes up (and the number of points will icnrease every 25 points, poitns from level are not affected)
Increase stats points per level (to balance) ----- Type "/reset" in chat to reset all your stat and get the points your should have
Fixed level calculation for WormType monster (well ,especialy you, eater of world)
Generaly lowered ennemy level
Increased ennemy power by level
Reduce ennmy level gain when killing a boss
Reduced Slighty xp need to level up

0.9.2 -
Fix resolution bug where stats button would not be displayed
Fix bug that when you level up, the congratulation text was one level off

0.9.1 -
Fix loading with allready existing character

0.9 -
Should no longer crash game at startup when having other mods
Balancing a lot of stuff :
Health is now a more important way to calculate level (from one level every 30 hp to one every 20 hp) for enemies
slight debuff to ennemy damage
slight debuff to ennemy defense
Fixed Stats menu still being clicable even when invisible (reset without wanting to)
Fix Defence upgrade display when overing vitality or constituion upgrade
Buff to armor gain via constitution and vitality
Buff to bosses, they were WAY too weak
Increase Level gained on monster for each boss killed by 50%

0.8 -
Definetly fixed desync problem between client and server , no more monster dispearing and total multiplayer fixed (I hope there will not be any other problem)

0.7.3 -
Added transparency to the stats menu
Healing item no display correct value in inventory
Added Config File -allow to enable or disable monster progress
can also change exp gain ratio , if there is reduction (when character level is higer) and monster level multiplier

0.7.2 -
Stats menu Tweak :
Added Increase when hovering Upgrade button
Right click will add 5 stats
Middle Click will add 25 stats
Aligned texts
Added Reset Button

0.7.1 -
Don't erase other mods' rename on npcs (like prefixe or afixe)

0.7 -
Multiplayer Support

0.6 -
Tried to balance a bit the expert mode ( roughly halved Ennemy level and reduced boss level)
Each time you kill a new boss, weakest ennemy will gain level , also when you enter hardmode (not tested)
Healing item will heal more than displayed (will have to find a fix later on) based on your Health per Heart
Added Stats windows where you can Attribute your stats to differents stats, actuals stats are :
Vit (Vitality) : Increase Health and Slighty Armor
Foc (Focus) : Increase mana and Slighty Summon Damage
Con (Constitution) : Increase Armor and Slighty Health
Str (Strength) : Increase Melee damage and Slighty Throw Damage
Agi (Agility) : Increase Ranged Damage and Slighty Melee Damage
Dex (Dexterity) : Increase Trow Damage and Slighty Ranged Damage
Int (Intelect) : Increase Ranged Damage and Slighty Melee Damage
Spr (Spirit) : Increase Trow Damage and Slighty Ranged Damage

Added a reset command "/reset" to reset your stat attribution, free, unlimited use, don't get used to it, gonna be costy later ^^
Slight improvement to HealthBar
Bring back old hud along with actual one so buff are displayed​
wSoOgPL.png
pDQEiGI.png

7XijL6n.png

GyF4zbb.png

Last edited:
Hello! your mod is really great, however i dont really know if this is a problem or what but my asended tier 1 bow stopped gaining xp, my armor for some reason is gaining xp but my bow is not its stuck at 5734/42000

Hello! your mod is really great, however i dont really know if this is a problem or what but my asended tier 1 bow stopped gaining xp, my armor for some reason is gaining xp but my bow is not its stuck at 5734/42000

yea , I fixed the bug now, I wanted to fix it sooner but my internet was down so I couldn't upload fix it sooner ,sorry ^^"

I've noticed a bit of an issue. When mobs are killed by summoned minions, the summon weapon doesn't earn any XP unless you are holding it. Since you're usually holding something other than the summon weapon when fighting alongside minions, in most cases it won't earn XP unless you're deliberately grinding and aware of the issue.

I've noticed a bit of an issue. When mobs are killed by summoned minions, the summon weapon doesn't earn any XP unless you are holding it. Since you're usually holding something other than the summon weapon when fighting alongside minions, in most cases it won't earn XP unless you're deliberately grinding and aware of the issue.
I'm aware of the issue , I don't know a way of fixing it for now sadly, this is the reason summon weapon give many bonus when leveledup and weld (like bonus summon damage and additional summons)

Well, I might have an idea:

Instead of having weapons and armor being able to earn XP, add skills that level up with usage, sorta like the Learn By Doing mod. Though, perhaps also leave in a way for weapons and armor to still be upgradeable, perhaps through special items or by paying an NPC.

Well, I might have an idea:

Instead of having weapons and armor being able to earn XP, add skills that level up with usage, sorta like the Learn By Doing mod. Though, perhaps also leave in a way for weapons and armor to still be upgradeable, perhaps through special items or by paying an NPC.

Nope will keep stuff like this, will try to look for a way to fix this later with weird code wizzardry

I would describe this mod as a uncut gem. Its rugged and murky, but with care it can shine. I did some tests of my own and found some bugs and things i think could be improved. Note that i played on normal mode up to the wall of flesh.

● I found that with waterbolt, when it gets + 1 projectile, it shots 2 to 4 bolts.
● It would also seem that debuffs and other things don't scall, so I can swim in lava or walk on spikes due to high defense.
● the wall of flesh's attack that occurs when you get behind him seems to not have scaled, so you just get thrown forward relatively unharmed.
● bosses have high hp and moderate attack, making the fights more focused on slowly killing them.
● later in the game, you get thousands of stat points, so there might need to be a way to use them faster.
● by the time you get a gear to +11, you will likely have a new one. Then again, that's kind of the point...

I hope that these help this mod improve, as I really enjoyed what I've seen of this mod. Best of luck.

about the multiple projectile bug, I've noticed it but don't seam to be any valid reason to happen
for debuff , that allready wip for the 1.0
about wall of flesh's scale , can't realy fix that since it's hardcoded into the game
feedback too kabout boos damage and health
you can allready speand all lot of points at once ( left click spend 1 , right click 5, middle 25 , Shift upgrade to the next level , shift right , increase by 5 level and shift middle 25 level , and finaly shift + controle spend all your points into the stats)

Thank for feedback and yea, this mod will definetly improve :)

I noticed some of the bosses appear to be bugged with this mod installed.

The Ancient Dragon and Tiki Totem from Tremor both get "locked" on to the player's position. They are unable to move, and they instead move with the player, with the Tiki Totem floating above the player while the Ancient Dragon's head is stuck on the same position as the player. In the latter case, you're taking damage constantly from the dragon.

And the other bugged boss is The Destroyer. Only its head appears, while the other body segments do not, though it continues to move as it normally would. Because of this bug, it can only be attacked while the head is above ground, so fighting it would take forever.

Hello,

I just noticed a bug. It made me get completly stuck and now I can't even log in to my character. It happened when my flare gun got to lvl 50 and ascended. It never did ascend and the log said that said item does not exist anymore. :(

UPDATE
I now managed to log in to my character. Unfortunatly I had lost all my lvl:s and gear. (22 hours of playtime, dammit.)`:sigh:

Last edited:
I noticed some of the bosses appear to be bugged with this mod installed.

The Ancient Dragon and Tiki Totem from Tremor both get "locked" on to the player's position. They are unable to move, and they instead move with the player, with the Tiki Totem floating above the player while the Ancient Dragon's head is stuck on the same position as the player. In the latter case, you're taking damage constantly from the dragon.

And the other bugged boss is The Destroyer. Only its head appears, while the other body segments do not, though it continues to move as it normally would. Because of this bug, it can only be attacked while the head is above ground, so fighting it would take forever.

for tremor's boss this might come from other mod or other stuff,
for destroyer, know of this bug, have no clue how it happen (since the mod only modify base stats of the npc/ennemies, wil ltry to look depper into it but realy have no clue how it happen)

Hello,

I just noticed a bug. It made me get completly stuck and now I can't even log in to my character. It happened when my flare gun got to lvl 50 and ascended. It never did ascend and the log said that said item does not exist anymore. :(

UPDATE
I now managed to log in to my character. Unfortunatly I had lost all my lvl:s and gear. (22 hours of playtime, dammit.)`:sigh:

well it may be too late (since tmod overwrite logs) but if it's happen again , send me the entire log file , rare bug like this are nearly impossible to fix without

Hi dunno if its a bug or a compatibility issu works fine in Sp how ever when i start the tmodserver im imortal the monsters cant hit me at all im more or less air :/
or im just stupid and mist something :)
running whit

AnotherRpgMod
Tremmor
Thorium
Calamity
magicStorage

[ Bug ] If you use Crimson or Nimbus Rod and switch to another weapon slot the rod itself didn't get any exp but selected slot get exp

So I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or intended. But I've noticed that mobs damage scales really weird. As they level up, health and CONTACT damage skyrocket, but projectiles and such do next to nothing. I thought Queen Bee would be one hell of a fight, but I could literally sit there and ignore her stingers and only dodge her charge. Most other bosses I only have to worry about contact damage as projectiles mean nothing. I've tried boosting defense out the wazoo, but that doesn't help. Even spawned in the 'BEST' armor I could with mods, put all my points into defense, still got destroyed on contact.

Hello, this is my first post and i really liked your work. Your idea of auto lvling weapons and armors is nice and give a chance for having them longer than we in theory need them (geode armor set im looking at you). UI of upgrade system is ok, but it would be ok if you allow unleveled mod to turn the health/mana/exp bar off or change it so it comes in place of normal HP bar. Projectiles of monsters dont work/take 1 HP if you have 1000 armor and if you summon a minion that have ability to shoot - his projectiles do not scale. Ive seen Some issues with weapons that get ascendency and +1 projectile resulting in (thease weapon projectiles spawn at your cursor position) 2 projectiles at place of cursor and 2 projectiles comming out of our character stomach. the idea that the whole world lvl up when you kill boss first time is ingenius becouse it allows for new bosses to scale even if they originally are weak. 400mp cap is a no for me (Palpatine intensyfies). I think that constitution and vitality gives the same and that somewhat Miss the point - imho one should give big health pool with low regeneration, second should give high Regen but low hp. Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom