Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

A Link Between Worlds:
Super Terraria World encompasses an area far beyond the current limitations of Terraria world sizes. To get around that limit, STW offers a new feature that connects all of the world saves together. By walking to the edge of a map, jumping on a boat, or entering a doorway, you can be moved smoothly from one world to another. As STW grows, you will eventually be able to head in one direction, and through world transitions, come full circle, ending right where you started!

How did you manage this? Is there any way that this kind of feature could see it's own mod that people could download and use for themselves?

How did you manage this? Is there any way that this kind of feature could see it's own mod that people could download and use for themselves?
Currently we haven't gotten into the details of how we implemented this feature, and as of right now we don't have plans to. We're really focused on just development of multiplayer - coming along swell.

It's possible as STW reaches a more mature state we'll come out with some details (perhaps even a simple mod) that does this one specific feature of STW since many people are interested in this. It's something that the team will discuss in the future. :)

Currently we haven't gotten into the details of how we implemented this feature, and as of right now we don't have plans to. We're really focused on just development of multiplayer - coming along swell.

It's possible as STW reaches a more mature state we'll come out with some details (perhaps even a simple mod) that does this one specific feature of STW since many people are interested in this. It's something that the team will discuss in the future. :)
Fair enough. It sure does make STW world stick out in that regard. Keep up the good work, you guys are making something really special.

so what's LiteNetLib.dlll cuz the STW installer can't install that
Were you following the installation instructions found on our discord page? The standard installation steps are not working at the moment, because our single player client is not updated to Terraria 1.3.5.

I've downgraded to 1.3.4.4, and moved the STW files from the current version to the 1.3.4.4 version. Now, when ever I try to run it, steam opens 1.5.3, and I can open the 1.3.4.4 by double clicking, and I've tried opening STW with terraria 1.3.4.4, but it never shows up at STW.

I've downgraded to 1.3.4.4, and moved the STW files from the current version to the 1.3.4.4 version. Now, when ever I try to run it, steam opens 1.5.3, and I can open the 1.3.4.4 by double clicking, and I've tried opening STW with terraria 1.3.4.4, but it never shows up at STW.

My recommendation?

It hasn't been updated in awhile, but it doesn't have to be, is to search for GameLauncher.

GameLauncher will allow you to run a custom GUI that lets you choose between different installations of Terraria, putting each in their own folders. With it, you can run Vanilla, TModLoader, and any number of standalones. When you launch Terraria from Steam, you will get GameLauncher instead of Terraria, and then you launch whichever version of Terraria you want, and it is fully compatible with multiplayer and the like, AND it doesn't mess with your save files (it keeps save files separate, like Vanilla gets its own savefile list, TModLader gets its own, etc).

Just a small caveat, GameLauncher has buttons and such for using past versions of Terraria, but this feature no longer works IIRC. Just ignore that.

Personally I would back up everything (in Terraria's folder), have Steam restore Terraria to defaults, and then install GameLauncher, and then TModLoader. If you want a walkthrough on how to do this, I can type one up real quick.

My recommendation?

It hasn't been updated in awhile, but it doesn't have to be, is to search for GameLauncher.

GameLauncher will allow you to run a custom GUI that lets you choose between different installations of Terraria, putting each in their own folders. With it, you can run Vanilla, TModLoader, and any number of standalones. When you launch Terraria from Steam, you will get GameLauncher instead of Terraria, and then you launch whichever version of Terraria you want, and it is fully compatible with multiplayer and the like, AND it doesn't mess with your save files (it keeps save files separate, like Vanilla gets its own savefile list, TModLader gets its own, etc).

Just a small caveat, GameLauncher has buttons and such for using past versions of Terraria, but this feature no longer works IIRC. Just ignore that.

Personally I would back up everything (in Terraria's folder), have Steam restore Terraria to defaults, and then install GameLauncher, and then TModLoader. If you want a walkthrough on how to do this, I can type one up real quick.
tmodloader isn't needed for STW so that won't really help.

It seems you're having some issues with the installation process - if you want to hop onto our discord: https://discord.gg/zQ4gV3B we can walk you through the steps to get it set up.

@darthmorf Yeah I just realized that this is STW and not Terraria Leveled RPG lol. I have both watched and occasionally pop in to offer help/advice.

But still, I find that GameLauncher is still quite nice as it still works on StandAlones (like this one).

Kinda wish someone would either update GL or re-make it.

Would GL still work for STW?

Also how would I restore to default terraria using steam?

Yes, GL will work with STW. I've personally done this.

As for restoring defaults, go to Steam -> Library -> Right Click on Terraria -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files

This will force Steam to check all the files and re-download any changed files so that they are their default configuration. Extra files that are/were present will not be changed.

I just reinstalled. Also, how can I install GL?

1). Go here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/game-launcher-3-2-1-5.1061/
2). Download and install it.
3). GameLauncher will rename the original Terraria as something like TerrariaBackup.exe or something like that.
4). Go here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/download-and-installation-instructions.13418/
5). Scroll down to the instructions ("How To Install STW" button)
6). Follow Steps 1-3.
7). Step 4 says to rename Terraria.exe .... don't do this. Leave that file as-is (it's the Game Launcher prog).
8). When you copy STW's version of Terraria.exe, the computer will ask if you wish to overwrite. Say No, and you will get a file called "Terraria (1).exe".
9). Rename this to something like Terraria_STW.exe
10). Follow the rest of STW's instructions.
11). Open GameLauncher (or just launch Terraria from Steam which should open GL).
12). Click the "Add App" button.
13). Point it to Terraria_STW.exe.
14). Call it "Terraria STW" or something like that.

Now, it should already have Vanilla Terraria in its list, and now it will have Terraria STW. You can also download tModLoader (not required or needed for STW, mind you) if you wished for Modded Terraria (just remember tModloader's installer will rename GameLauncher's Terraria.exe, you'll have to manually fix it), you'd simply add that to the list as well, and you can also do this for NTerraria and other similar standalones.

Either way, you can launch whichever one you want, anytime you want, without having to revert or move files around.

EDIT: a Caveat: When Terraria 1.3.6 or whatever the next update is comes out, Steam will automatically overwrite GameLauncher's .exe. You might want to make a backup copy of this .exe and put it somewhere else.

When that happens, you would...

1). Rename Terraria.exe to Terraria_Vanilla.exe (or something like this)
2). Copy and Paste your backup Game Launcher Terraria.exe back into its proper place.

Last edited:
It said to select terraria assembly. What ever I do it denies it.

What did, GameLauncher? Lemme install it... I need to do that anyways.

I did it just now....

1). Click Browse
2). Go to Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\terraria\
3). Click on Terraria.exe.
4). Wait a few seconds.
5). Say Yes to copying the database.

This is what it said:
Select Terraria Assembly
Select a valid Terraria Assembly (.exe)

Location of Terrraria Assebly (i.e. Terraria.exe or TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe)
[ ] Browse...

This is what it said:
Select Terraria Assembly
Select a valid Terraria Assembly (.exe)

Location of Terrraria Assebly (i.e. Terraria.exe or TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe)
[ ] Browse...

Yeah just click the Browse button go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\terraria\

or wherever Steam is, and double-click Terraria.exe.

Back
Top Bottom