New PS4 & Xbox One Patch Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the massive frame rate lag? Duplicating enemies? Invisible/intangible enemies? Minimap not saving world exploration in multiplayer? Sources of damage dealing damage twice? Corrupted character select screen leading to corrupted worlds forcing you to close the game and reload it?

Are these all fixed as well?

Great amount of problems fixed (especially the blinking text), and it's great to know that a transparency fix is finally coming up (I won't lie, I think it still should have been included with this update). I really, REALLY hope there will be a UI scaling option for those of us with large TVs (mine's 55") who sit a normal distance from them. Also, the lag issues in menus & moving are horrible (if they've been fixed, then I missed them in the update list).

3 things really should be reinstated to the PS4 version:
1 -- The PS4 touchpad zoom option, as it's now such a pain having to interrupt the game by going into a menu to do it. There will never be PS/XB cross-play, so it's not like we'd have an unfair advantage.
2 -- Being able to move diagonally when looking at the map like we could before the 3.13 update. I can't see any point of removing that.
3 -- The option to save without exiting. Saying "just wait for the next autosave" doesn't cut it.

Last edited:
What about the massive frame rate lag? Duplicating enemies? Invisible/intangible enemies? Minimap not saving world exploration in multiplayer? Sources of damage dealing damage twice? Corrupted character select screen leading to corrupted worlds forcing you to close the game and reload it?

Are these all fixed as well?
If it’s not listed, it wasn’t fixed. Like the broken zoom UI. Glad for anybody who had any of these bugs and looking forward to trying out the next patch sometime this summer lol..
[doublepost=1521755992,1521755859][/doublepost]
Great amount of problems fixed (especially the blinking text), and it's great to know that a transparency fix is finally coming up (I won't lie, I think it still should have been included with this update). I really, REALLY hope there will be a UI scaling option for those of us with large TVs (mine's 55") who sit a normal distance from them. Also, the lag issues in menus & moving are horrible (if they've been fixed, than I missed them in the update list).

3 things really should be reinstated to the PS4 version:
1 -- The PS4 touchpad zoom option, as it's now such a pain having to interrupt the game by going into a menu to do it. There will never be PS/XB cross-play, so it's not like we'd have an unfair advantage.
2 -- Being able to move diagonally when looking at the map like we could before the 3.13 update. I can't see any point of removing that.
3 -- The option to save without exiting. Saying "just wait for the next autosave" doesn't cut it.
They aren’t putting in any platform specific, or console specific elements, no matter how much sense they made or how many people want them.

How about the bug where your grappling hook/minion/nimbus cloud disappears? Bombs and glowsticks also disappear, although you can still see the effect it makes.
I also noticed when the tax collector moved in, the message reads like code or something.

Did you read the patch notes?
Yes I did, however, patch notes are not always 100% clear of what it means when it fixes something.

For example, it says
  • Fixed a bug where elements in the mini-map would be missing for other players in a multiplayer session.

But I am unsure if this actually fixes the minimap issue. When you spend 8 hours exploring tour buddies map and then log in the next day and it's like you never did anything at all... Describing it as "missing elements" doesn't really make it clear. This is assuming that the bug was fixed at all, and wasn't something else.

I'd appreciate you being less snarky, bit if you want to deal in sarcasm and snark, I'm more than happy to do so back. After all, I'm not a community manager of a video game, so I can afford to be a :red:.

I'd appreciate you being less snarky, bit if you want to deal in sarcasm and snark, I'm more than happy to do so back. After all, I'm not a community manager of a video game, so I can afford to be a :red:.
Just keep in mind that TCF is a community ran under the spirit of the rules, the primary of which is mutual respect and maturity. Simply asking a clarifying question is not necessarily snarky. Those who deliberately violate the community rules will face warning points and possible restriction or removal of account privileges.

"Did you read the patch notes?" In response to my post is not a "clarifying question". I ended my first post with "Are these fixed as well?" Which would mean, "are the bugs in my post fixed in addition to the fixes in the patch notes?" Which would imply that I "have" read the patch notes. So asking if I actually read them comes off as insulting and snarky; implying that the answer to my questions were obvious if I were smart enough to realize.

Especially when you factor in that not *all* changes make it into patch notes. No company ever includes 100% of all changes, or even fixes. Sometimes things get left out.

"Did you read the patch notes?" In response to my post is not a "clarifying question". I ended my first post with "Are these fixed as well?" Which would mean, "are the bugs in my post fixed in addition to the fixes in the patch notes?" Which would imply that I "have" read the patch notes. So asking if I actually read them comes off as insulting and snarky; implying that the answer to my questions were obvious if I were smart enough to realize.

Especially when you factor in that not *all* changes make it into patch notes. No company ever includes 100% of all changes, or even fixes. Sometimes things get left out.
If you feel our rules have been violated feel free to report the poster and move on. It does not give you the freedom to violate them yourself. Staff will address your report and all violations based on our judgement. If you have anymore questions or comments please use the "Start a conversation" option under my avatar, there is no need to derail this thread any further.

Great amount of problems fixed (especially the blinking text), and it's great to know that a transparency fix is finally coming up (I won't lie, I think it still should have been included with this update).

A fix was in, at least for the zoom UI issue - but it unfortunately broke a solid handful of other things. So it had to be pulled back for now. The overwrite bug is just so nasty and impactful that it couldn’t wait any longer.

I am interested to see how this update impacts the “duplicating enemies” on MP issue and some of the vanishing particles stuff. Would love to hear how folks are making out since this went live. :)

To be honest. It would be great if we had some old features back. The UI for one. Allow us to choose what UI to use. Either the old one or new one. Cause the old crafting UI was much better. Also reason for this is that. I've said it once and will keep saying it. I paid for the console version to play the console version. If I wanted the pc version. I would play it on pc. :/

The map no longer shows where mobs are. Which is kinda disappointing. Also you can't go diagonal on the map anymore either.

Will this patch fix the invisible weapons?

Sorry if I missed this in the patch notes but I was curious if this patch will address the last caused in multiplayer when the host goes into the underworld.

How about the issue where the list when trying to join a multiplayer server is all "..." And then the list completely disappears after a minute?

To be honest. It would be great if we had some old features back. The UI for one. Allow us to choose what UI to use. Either the old one or new one. Cause the old crafting UI was much better. Also reason for this is that. I've said it once and will keep saying it. I paid for the console version to play the console version. If I wanted the pc version. I would play it on pc. :/
The old console UI is not coming back. The devs have been very clear about that. The best you can do is provide feedback about what is a problem or limitation in the current UI so those issues can be addressed. With feedback they should be able to get the current UI working better for controllers.

The map no longer shows where mobs are. Which is kinda disappointing. Also you can't go diagonal on the map anymore either.
The minimap will show local monsters if you have a certain item in your inventory. The diagonal map scrolling will probably need a future patch.

Will this patch fix the invisible weapons?
It should have already.

This may seem surprising, but I haven't encountered any bugs. The only problem I've encountered is having the edges of the screen not be visible, which was a problem with my TV. Still glad we're getting this all fixed.
Actually my friend and I experienced that same problem on both of our TVs.

Has the bug where splitscreen players' controls would affect each other been fixed? I didn't see it mentioned in the notes but it made the game utterly unplayable since player 2 digging would cause player 1 to swap menus while trying to craft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom