Maps help with making a huge adventure map

azurephantom100

Terrarian
hello i'm making an adventure map that helps make all the current soul items for Fargo's mod but can still be played vanilla. as the soul items are crafted at the end or at certain points (or even skipped over via a wired trigger if the player wishes to do so) and will even support single class play throughs and can still be replayed so most likely it will take up a whole large map but i suck at building things i lack imagination and its why i'm asking on here. most items will be given in quick little quests or found in dungeons and such.

feel free to add builds and upload a updated wld file. i don't/cant use any programs like Tedit so i hope all of you don't mind using a wld download. any builds you make on the world should be sighed by everyone who made it and you are free to name it as well. of course those that help with the map will be credited. wired builds, puzzles, and secrets are encouraged. so in short i want the community to build a map that will give a lot of vanilla items that would have been RNG heavy or never in one world due to bad generation and make it fun and an adventure :D

please always use the most resent wld file it will be posted in the thread with the date its posted (please add the date so everone knows when its been added)
besides in this post as updates are fairly often for me and a few others (for some reason i cant edit posts with wld files sometimes even if its mine)
in all honesty i hope we make this a cool and fun map for anyone that wants to play a map and get rewarded for it i cant say this can replace a normal play through of terraira as i'm sure it would be fairly hard if not impossible to cram all that into one world but as a concept it sounds nice right? if a map like this one is already around let me know ok :3

Last edited:
Do you need a proofreader? I see plenty of maps with horrible grammar and would love to help.
ok i will not deny that my grammar is bad it always been so mainly due to the fact that i was born two months premature and i have always had reading, writing, and memory problems. with the last one effecting the others even more then normal so be a bit a more concentrate to people asking for help on something.

ok i will not deny that my grammar is bad it always been so mainly due to the fact that i was born two months premature and i have always had reading, writing, and memory problems. with the last one effecting the others even more then normal so be a bit a more concentrate to people asking for help on something.
I'm just trying to help, not say that your grammar isn't good. It isn't the best, but it is better than most people I have seen on the internet. Sorry if I insinuated that your grammar was bad.
I don't really understand what you meant by "Be a bit more concentrate" but eh.
It really pulls me out of an adventure map when the grammar isn't the best, so I decided I wanted to help aspiring mapmakers (I.e you) with the grammar on their map. Thats why I made my post in the first place.

I'm just trying to help, not say that your grammar isn't good. It isn't the best, but it is better than most people I have seen on the internet. Sorry if I insinuated that your grammar was bad.
I don't really understand what you meant by "Be a bit more concentrate" but eh.
It really pulls me out of an adventure map when the grammar isn't the best, so I decided I wanted to help aspiring mapmakers (I.e you) with the grammar on their map. Thats why I made my post in the first place.
oh sorry thanks right now im just trying to get builds. i can post the world i have. right now it doesnt have anything build wise to speak of all my attention as been on trying to make the octopus shaped water dungeon in the left ocean, but i cant build giant pixel art without a guide and google doesnt have what im looking for :(. the world has like 3 sword shines and a pyramid and it was the first world i made to see if i could get those XD and i thought i would have to make like 5 to get them.

You do know, that people, who are interested in this idea, can just istall Fargo's summons & souls and make a multiplayer game, where they could communicate, argue on builds and split their effort?

You do know, that people, who are interested in this idea, can just istall Fargo's summons & souls and make a multiplayer game, where they could communicate, argue on builds and split their effort?
they can im not going to argue that but i want the map to be vanilla friendly too so even if you dont have tmodloader you will be able to play a large adventure map and make getting items that might be RNG or grind heavy just by doing a few puzzles which will make it fun. as far as i know there arent many adventure maps that will be this big or give that many items. in some cases it can be considered terraira with a story mode if made right. its just something i want to make for fun and to see how it will turn out.

they can im not going to argue that but i want the map to be vanilla friendly too so even if you dont have tmodloader you will be able to play a large adventure map and make getting items that might be RNG or grind heavy just by doing a few puzzles which will make it fun. as far as i know there arent many adventure maps that will be this big or give that many items. in some cases it can be considered terraira with a story mode if made right. its just something i want to make for fun and to see how it will turn out.
Then they play and build in vanilla, since Fargo's has 0 modded tiles

Then they play and build in vanilla, since Fargo's has 0 modded tiles
you're missing the point of what i want to make. not everyone is a good builder and some might just want to have fun doing puzzles/dungeons to get an item like the slime staff instead of hooking up a slime statue and killing countless slimes for who knows how long. the reason i want it to be a map that can work with a mod is that fargo's mutant mod uses vanilla items to make its items (if its the only content mod enabled) this way the story can hint at the possibility of something more if you play it non modded. this map is meant to give a story and a realistic world to terraira were you arnt just the only person with the guide around when you spawn. in short a large adventure map made by the community so everyone can have fun playing something that doesnt just have 3-4 places to go to but several builds and quests with variable difficulty.

Hey uhm. Are you still working on this? I'd love to help. Also instead of people using signs and what-not you could all collect onto a discord sever and talk etc. There and build the map without people just building random things etc.

Hey uhm. Are you still working on this? I'd love to help. Also instead of people using signs and what-not you could all collect onto a discord sever and talk etc. There and build the map without people just building random things etc.
yes i just restarted im still on the water part really glad i posted the world on this lol i didnt have it on my back up saves anyways i would still love help on it

this is what i have so far and what im aiming for more or less i want to

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    240.3 KB · Views: 260
  • ocotpus outline2.png
    ocotpus outline2.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 330
redtots

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 01.46.41.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 01.46.41.png