Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
Mini idea related: Alternate planteras
Crimson: gory plantera, no seed, shoots ichor stream
Corruption: demon plantera , no seed, shoots cursed flame balls
Hallow: Crystal plantera, shoots crystals like the one the magic tome from the hallow does
Cyber and glade( since I like those ideas)
Cyber: Mechanical plantera, mechanical laser beams
Glade: Enchanted leaf plantera, scattered fire balls
[doublepost=1511471813,1511471754][/doublepost]
Yes
Hey! Someone expanded on my idea! That's great!

I mentioned this a while ago and I'm so glad that you expanded on it.

I'm not sure there's a need for that. Lihzahrd bricks aren't corruptible and I see no reason for its denizens to be, either. Besides, the Golem's a mechanical construct. Plantera's organic, grown from the jungle - it makes sense for her to reflect the jungle around her as a result. Golem is what it is.

Weren't golems from Abrahamic religion?
(EDIT: corrected into Abrahamic)

Last edited:
No, they're not exactly mechanical - a golem is made from clay and brought to life with some sort of magic or ritual. Of course, their roots are in a time period where the word 'robot' had never crossed anyone's mind, because that's more or less what they are - unliving beings without autonomy, who exist to protect and serve their (human) masters.

And clay isn't a corruptible block, either. :p

Corrupting the Lihzahrd Temple and its inhabitants would be a related but separate suggestion, I feel. The temple is unaffected by the jungle's current plight.

Oh. Maybe infecting the "cells"' That will be cool, but probably it's better to return on-topic.

I never liked the idea of spreading biomes, once I got into hardmode I rushed to kill the destroyer and get the clentaminator to save the jungle.
I've destroyed 99%(left a little for enemies) of crimson/hallow but I can't restore the lost part of the jungle easily.

"The second way this can be fixed is by allowing all the spreading biomes (including the hallow) to convert jungle grass and plants instead of replacing them, growing on the mud in the jungle instead of turning it into dirt. With this change the clentaminator could be used to restore the jungle, and it wouldn’t get in the way of spreading biomes when the wall of flesh is defeated. This would also make it easier for players to farm both jungle enemies and corruption/crimson/hallow enemies at the same time, and it could allow for more content like the light/dark mummies in deserts or pigron in snow biomes. Although this would take a bit more time to implement then the first option, it just makes more sense this way and is consistent with the other natural biomes."
I support this idea, and I also came up with the same idea before :)

I very much support this. I chose option one on the poll, but either that or #2 would be great to prevent the extinction of a very important progression biome.

Either way, great suggestion!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, an extra reason for me is that I love green! :gslime:

Well, it kinda turns the Jungle into a Mushroom Biome, which makes it not a Jungle. Although, at least it won't be converted to dirt.

And how are you then having a jungle? If you turn it into a mushroom biome, you don't have any jungle biome unless you gathered first some seeds to make an artifical one somewhere safe of spreading biomes.

Back
Top Bottom