Sprites Izzabelle's Alternates

Thank you @ninjakai03 for assaulting my notifications lmfao

But for real; thanks for spotting (all?) the broken images.

And... what the hell happened? Did more break last night? Doesn't matter, I'll get to fixing them ASAP.
Maybe something‘s up with the forum itself. Many pictures seem to disappear here from time to time.

Maybe something‘s up with the forum itself. Many pictures seem to disappear here from time to time.
Could be an issue of having those images linked to the wiki.

If the issue continues, I may have to save the images to upload to imgur -- that way they should never break

Edit; Also, it'll take me some time to get through all of the threads again -- I'll try to find a free night.

Thank you @ninjakai03 for assaulting my notifications lmfao

But for real; thanks for spotting (all?) the broken images.

And... what the hell happened? Did more break last night? Doesn't matter, I'll get to fixing them ASAP.
not all of them ;)
had to sleep so i didnt finish the whimsy and glade

edit: now i did all of them lmao
had fun reading them all through again, theyre seriously really good, even the old ones

Last edited:
Actual News Update :dryadeek:

The images across all alts keep breaking. So I'm done with trying to direct link to the wiki anymore.

The process of transferring all images to my imgur has started so that we don't have to worry about this anymore. This will take even longer than just re-linking only broken images. I'm not sure how long it will take. Obviously some alts like the Tropics are going to take longer to mull through than others like Toad Caves.

My goal will be to get to 1 alternate per night for the foreseeable future and fix the images. I ask that, until the alts are fixed, please don't post in the threads. There's nothing special or interesting about the alts as a pile of broken images, so there's no point in the forum looking at them until they're fixed.

This string of broken images, though, is an actual blessing in disguise for future alternates. We won't have to worry about broken images in the future. Well -- I'm sure all images will break if imgur goes down, but the images should last much longer than an ever-link-changing-wiki.

pTKYPYm.png

I am tired of The Tides needing to be delayed and taking a back seat to everything else.

The first night I get after all the alternate image fixes are in place -- I'll be releasing The Tides. I know I've said it before that The Tides will be posted soon -- but it is now certainly time. So get your hype hats on and keep an eye on the alt fixes, they're pretty much an unofficial countdown now.

xd3Q1LL.png

I'm hoping that by April 1st (no April Fools joke), this whole alternate project is going to be back on track. I'm putting together a schedule of releases that I think we can all feel pretty good about and that should be easy for me to stick to. So when you put those hype hats on, you may even be able to keep those hype hats on. Or at least that will be the goal. There are more than just the alts to be released. And some of the more secretive alts I've been working on have been closer to completion for some time. So it should be a pretty interesting next few months.

:dryadcool: Its good to be back.

Last edited:

The images across all alts keep breaking. So I'm done with trying to direct link to the wiki anymore.

The process of transferring all images to my imgur has started so that we don't have to worry about this anymore. This will take even longer than just re-linking only broken images. I'm not sure how long it will take. Obviously some alts like the Tropics are going to take longer to mull through than others like Toad Caves.

My goal will be to get to 1 alternate per night for the foreseeable future and fix the images. I ask that, until the alts are fixes, please don't post in the threads. There's nothing special or interesting about the alts as a pile of broken images, so there's no point in the forum looking at them until they're fixed.

This string of broken images, though, is an actual blessing in disguise for future alternates. We won't have to worry about broken images in the future. Well -- I'm sure all images will break if imgur goes down, but the images should last much longer than an ever-link-changing-wiki.

pTKYPYm.png

I am tired of The Tides needing to be delayed and taking a back seat to everything else.

The first night I get after all the alternate image fixes are in place -- I'll be releasing The Tides. I know I've said it before that The Tides will be posted soon -- but it is now certainly time. So get your hype hats on and keep an eye on the alt fixes, they're pretty much an unofficial countdown now.

xd3Q1LL.png

I'm hoping that by April 1st (no April Fools joke), this whole alternate project is going to be back on track. I'm putting together a schedule of releases that I think we can all feel pretty good about and that should be easy for me to stick to. So when you put those hype hats on, you may even be able to keep those hype hats on. Or at least that will be the goal. There are more than just the alts to be released. And some of the more secretive alts I've been working on have been closer to completion for some time. So it should be a pretty interesting next few months.

It's good to have you back, Izzy! We've missed you and your fabulous content!

My goal will be to get to 1 alternate per night for the foreseeable future and fix the images. I ask that, until the alts are fixed, please don't post in the threads. There's nothing special or interesting about the alts as a pile of broken images, so there's no point in the forum looking at them until they're fixed.

pTKYPYm.png

xd3Q1LL.png

*Puts Hype Hat on*
Welcome back, Izzabelle! I am especially hyped for the secret alts that you hinted at for quite some time. Also, if you need any help with transferring the images, let me know.

pTKYPYm.png

xd3Q1LL.png

i love you

Over the last month or so I've had 3 separate people PM me having already begun a mod with my alternates... with my assets... asking if I wanted to join them to help continue "their" work. This is NOT how you ask for permission to use my ideas/work. Additionally; all of these people, once told NO, decided it was in their best interest to tell me how "dumb" it was to not allow them to make said mod already using my assets without permission in an attempt to change my mind -- in a less than polite kind of way.

[sarcasm] Because nothing convinces me to let you be the modder of my alts more than taking my ideas/assets without permission and then telling me how dumb it is for me to say no[/sarcasm]

PSA: Don't be these people. This isn't the right way to do things.

No one in this thread has done this -- cause you guys know what's up -- but I had to vent a little.

Here's the latest information about mods and my alts:

- No; no one has permission to use my sprites/assets
- No; no one has permission to use my alternates in a mod
- When I am done making my alts, I will consider giving my permission to have them included in mods
- IF I decide to let my alts be added to a mod, *I* will choose the modder(s) who *I* want to make the mod
- Being a jerk to me will NOT make me reconsider my position
- Being a jerk to me WILL make me reconsider YOU.

pTKYPYm.png

xd3Q1LL.png

I've seen the fall of some imgur images, but I hope they stay afloat for your alts

I've seen the fall of some imgur images, but I hope they stay afloat for your alts
Yeah, I've seen a couple ones break. But it happens so rarely it's worth the investment. I'm almost done making my albums of images. Thread updates otw next :dryadhappy:

I know that I was someone who asked but at least I didn't do THAT! When someone makes something and you want to use it you have to ask for permission from the creator. Otherwise you end up with copyright strikes!
You wouldn't believe how many people just ignore common etiquette or end up being 100% rude from the get go. Its like that in freelancing too. I couldn't begin to tell you how many people want a full scope 24x36 illustrated poster with full color... for free. Or just blatantly take work and start trying to sell it.

Like. What backwards society were they raised in :dryadconfused::dryadwhat:

The sprites and concepts are exciting. I know that after seeing these, I spent days imagining playing in your biomes. A single mod that had these, and nothing else, would probably skyrocket to be among the top two or three content mods people use. Provided there were no serious balance, performance, or compatibility issues, it would not be unlikely to have Thorium, Calamity, and Izzabelle's Alternates mentioned in the same breath.

I can hardly blame any modder for their enthusiasm at the prospect, though developing a mod for public use without your permission is definitely taboo. In many cases, I'm sure that they hoped their enthusiasm or small working demonstrations would sway and excite you. I don't believe any modders set out with the intention of doing you harm, but it's still wrong to try and appropriate your work, even unintentionally. There's a lot of content among these links, and in more than a few cases, there's still a lot of work that needs to be done before these go from concept to a polished and playable state, so you are wise to not just let any garden variety modder try their hand. I hope that when (if) you do eventually hand your project over to the community, you select an experienced modder or modding team to handle it.

That said, I hope that you can forgive their frustrations at not being able to play your awesome biomes. I'm just an eager reader, and I consider myself a fan of the works you've arrayed here, and even I get a little frustrated at not being able to play these, sometimes.

The sprites and concepts are exciting. I know that after seeing these, I spent days imagining playing in your biomes. A single mod that had these, and nothing else, would probably skyrocket to be among the top two or three content mods people use. Provided there were no serious balance, performance, or compatibility issues, it would not be unlikely to have Thorium, Calamity, and Izzabelle's Alternates mentioned in the same breath.

I can hardly blame any modder for their enthusiasm at the prospect, though developing a mod for public use without your permission is definitely taboo. In many cases, I'm sure that they hoped their enthusiasm or small working demonstrations would sway and excite you. I don't believe any modders set out with the intention of doing you harm, but it's still wrong to try and appropriate your work, even unintentionally. There's a lot of content among these links, and in more than a few cases, there's still a lot of work that needs to be done before these go from concept to a polished and playable state, so you are wise to not just let any garden variety modder try their hand. I hope that when (if) you do eventually hand your project over to the community, you select an experienced modder or modding team to handle it.

That said, I hope that you can forgive their frustrations at not being able to play your awesome biomes. I'm just an eager reader, and I consider myself a fan of the works you've arrayed here, and even I get a little frustrated at not being able to play these, sometimes.
Yeah, you see, it must be a :red: ton of work to do even one Alternate and seeing from Izzabelle's status updates she also has a lot of work other than that, so even seeing such requests and answering them must be a pain in the back, and even more when those people insult her.
Sorry for being an almond and asking before checking the thread

Back
Top Bottom