Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last part, "We're also resolving a few other things for the next PS4 & Xbox One patch before doing final testing & submission." Does that mean they're doing one more patch for consoles before they do testing and submission for mobile?
I hope so. There are still some very big problems on consoles right now.

That last part, "We're also resolving a few other things for the next PS4 & Xbox One patch before doing final testing & submission." Does that mean they're doing one more patch for consoles before they do testing and submission for mobile?

Final Testing & Submission = the last bit before you send an update up to MS/Sony. That doesn't mean this specific one would be the last fix wave.

That said, at SOME point, the team will need to pivot over to mobile/switch for a bit... but as @Proto Persona notes, there are some big ticket items out there that still need addressing before that can happen.

I’m so happy that mobile will be seeing 1.3:DI also own a Wii U and I think that it’s not going to get to 1.3 but 1.2.4 is still a really fun version to play with but...I can’t get past Ocram:mad:
[doublepost=1523366940,1523366586][/doublepost]2 there’s 2 reasons why I can’t wait for 1.3 on mobile 1:expert mode. 2:the meowmare. I lllllllllllllove cats!!!!!:passionate:

What im kinda mad about is removal of dragon armour. It was implamented pre-Ocram(Correct me if im wrong), and therefore, should be independent. Dragon is one of the best melee armours unless traded for defence via beetle.

What im kinda mad about is removal of dragon armour. It was implamented pre-Ocram(Correct me if im wrong), and therefore, should be independent. Dragon is one of the best melee armours unless traded for defence via beetle.
It is a reward for defeating Ocram, however, there was a chance to get the chest piece in a random chest.

WHEN WILL THE MOBILE UPDATE COME OUT?? I HAVE LITERALLY BEEN WAITING FOR AROUND 1 1/2 YEARS!!!
Buddy, we will have to wait a bit longer. At least they're working on it. Im super excited to play the update. I hope they tweak the controls to make it better. Specially regarding the use of grappling hooks. On console they are very useful but on mobile, sometimes hard to use. The quickslot is so short only 5 spots...

Why do we need to wait for months for the mobile update? I think you just have to change the inventory and the controls. What will come out first: Terraria for Switch, Android or IOS?

Mobile needs to wait until PS4?XB1 are stable because that is the same code that will be used to port 1.3 to mobile. They are starting over with brand new code instead of just building over the game engine you already have.
Also, the Switch version comes before the mobile version because it requires less work as it's more similar to PS4/XB1 (and more powerful than a mobile phone).
The mobile version will require a lot of extra work optimising the code.

Last edited:
Why do we need to wait for months for the mobile update? I think you just have to change the inventory and the controls. What will come out first: Terraria for Switch, Android or IOS?

1. Still some fixes ongoing on the main code branch ( what is now known as console)
2. User Interface and Controls are two MAJOR gameplay design and implementation elements... especially on Mobile where you are weaving in touch controls on top of things like virtual joysticks and the like.
2a. Now couple that challenge with the wide variety of screen sizes out there....
3. QA for mobile is a very tough challenge due to device diversity. iOS is a bit simpler, but there are literally hundreds of Android devices globally - and just because one version of Phone A doesn't have an issue, some other configuration in another location might. You have to tackled that up front AND on the back end.
4. As Proto noted, this is a full fresh codebase here, not just an update. Getting optimization right so that it will work well on as many devices as possible is a big task.

Now is the time to uninstall Terraria and play another cool games with good management of development. Do you still belive the update will come? Lol this will never happen, just look at Overworld. Just forget Terraria, remember even Terraria does not care about you waiting for years.:sigh:

Bye Terraria

Hint: 2069 Terraria still on 1.2

Now is the time to uninstall Terraria and play another cool games with good management of development. Do you still belive the update will come? Lol this will never happen, just look at Overworld. Just forget Terraria, remember even Terraria does not care about you waiting for years.:sigh:

Bye Terraria

Hint: 2069 Terraria still on 1.2

As a very harsh judge of anything I buy, I used to view updates to terraria the same way you do now , in this post. In fact i got confident that updates would come approximately 1 year after announcement. Silly huh?
....Then I threw my digital skills at developing my own games and quickly developed a respect for long wait times betwixt game updates; in part because of how much effort must go into it.
You can still enjoy Terr as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom