PC [Project] Mechmod - A T-MEC community mod

I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong. Always seems to happen that way lol. I extracted the files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria and tried to run the .exe from there, but it came up with the following error:

Mechmod Error.PNG

I've tried both versions and they both come up with the same error message. Could someone help me?

I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong. Always seems to happen that way lol. I extracted the files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria and tried to run the .exe from there, but it came up with the following error:

View attachment 197373

I've tried both versions and they both come up with the same error message. Could someone help me?
did you run it from there or renamed it "Terraria.exe" and replace the vanilla with it, and launch it through Steam?

did you run it from there or renamed it "Terraria.exe" and replace the vanilla with it, and launch it through Steam?
I ran it directly from the folder I extracted it to, just like I've done for other standalone mods (namely TerraCustom). And I don't quite understand what you mean as far as replacing the vanilla with it and running it through Steam.

Also, a thought just occurred to me: would this issue be in some way due to using TModLoader, or having any mods within it enabled?

I ran it directly from the folder I extracted it to, just like I've done for other standalone mods (namely TerraCustom). And I don't quite understand what you mean as far as replacing the vanilla with it and running it through Steam.

Also, a thought just occurred to me: would this issue be in some way due to using TModLoader, or having any mods within it enabled?
MechMod, iirc, must be launched through Steam (or via TModLoader that was launched through Steam). This avoids a lot of issues of crashes on launch.
especially since you are getting a lot of "Steam" related errors.

MechMod, iirc, must be launched through Steam (or via TModLoader that was launched through Steam). This avoids a lot of issues of crashes on launch.
especially since you are getting a lot of "Steam" related errors.
So, how do I do that? Just rename it to Terraria.exe or something?

yeah, that will force Steam to launch MechMod (or TModLoader if you rename that one to Terraria.exe)
Is the file which is currently named Terraria.exe (before renaming anything) the vanilla file, or TModLoader? And once I rename MechMod to Terraria.exe, will running it through Steam still work with TModLoader, or is it separate?

Also, which of the MechMod files do you recommend using?

Is the file which is currently named Terraria.exe (before renaming anything) the vanilla file, or TModLoader? And once I rename MechMod to Terraria.exe, will running it through Steam still work with TModLoader, or is it separate?

Also, which of the MechMod files do you recommend using?
If you have not installed TModLoader, it'd be the vanilla file. If you have installed TModLoader, then it'd be the TModLoader, and you should have another one with the word "orginal" or something like that in the file name.

IF you are running TModLoader, then you'd have to launch it through steam, then add MechMod to it's list.

If you have not installed TModLoader, it'd be the vanilla file. If you have installed TModLoader, then it'd be the TModLoader, and you should have another one with the word "orginal" or something like that in the file name.
I am indeed running TModLoader. I have a file named Terraria_v1.3.5.3 which I assume is the "original" one that you're referring to. Here's a picture to clarify (excuse my terrible mouse handwriting):

upload_2018-4-10_21-31-57.png

IF you are running TModLoader, then you'd have to launch it through steam, then add MechMod to it's list.
What do you mean by adding MechMod to its list? Are you talking about in the mod browser?

Okay, thanks. I didn't think so. I'm still unclear about "launching it through Steam, then adding MechMod to its list" though. What exactly was meant by that, and how do I go about doing that?
If it is the standard mod format, then watch pedguins video about how to install thorium mod. The same applies to almost all mods.

Well, it's not the "standard mod format". It's a separate, modded Terraria.exe.

And, I have to admit, it's currently dead. I may get back to working on it sometime in the future though. (Probably won't be before the summer holidays.)

I just started messing around with tModLoader the other day and used to use Mechmod a lot. I'm really just curious as to how certain things were done. Just getting my feet wet with all the modding. Thank you for the diff, that's perfect :)

I just started messing around with tModLoader the other day and used to use Mechmod a lot. I'm really just curious as to how certain things were done. Just getting my feet wet with all the modding. Thank you for the diff, that's perfect :)

That's cool! :happy:
By the way, I am not sure how much of Mechmod could be implemented with tModLoader. If you have any questions regarding anything, just ping me. Also, good luck!

That's cool! :happy:
By the way, I am not sure how much of Mechmod could be implemented with tModLoader.
Recently, I've been messing about with a library called Harmony, that can patch CIL executables during runtime. It's a bit sketchy, however it's been quite stable so far. It seems like people mostly use it to mod unity games. And also stardew Valley, which I believe uses XNA too. Using this you could do pretty much anything to the game, straight from a TModLoader mod.
Here's what I did with it so far:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom