Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

here's the only problem.
its the FILE Type that matters.
look...
http://prntscr.com/imp31u
i don't know why it wont open but it just wont
Nevermind, It works now

help when im triyng to open it says something is wrong with TEditlog.text help me?
i got this when trying to open TEdit

As a general note, please use the edit button to add more content to your own post rather than hitting post reply if your post is the most recent post on a Thread and other members haven't posted yet. We don't permit double posting in most cases.

oh is it? that sucks
i was hoping it wasn't
It's not dead at all. It was updated for Terraria 1.3.5 and since Terraria hasn't updated in a while there hasn't been a need to update TEdit. When the next Terraria update comes out, I'm positive it'll be updated to support it.

Cheers!

It's not dead at all. It was updated for Terraria 1.3.5 and since Terraria hasn't updated in a while there hasn't been a need to update TEdit. When the next Terraria update comes out, I'm positive it'll be updated to support it.

Cheers!
i get that but i want mod support for it
that's all dude

i get that but i want mod support for it
that's all dude
Any mod maker can branch off the main source code linked in the top post and provide "mod support" for it.

If you mean the author of this tool should - on his own - provide support for every mod in existence or that ever will be, and keep up with the changes in all of them. then that's a pretty impossible thing to ask.

YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME WHAT I JUST INSTALLED.
Um, this is what you just installed:

What is TEdit?
TEdit is a stand alone, open source map editor for Terraria. It lets you edit maps just like (almost) paint! It also lets you change world settings (time, bosses downed etc), edit chests and change sign, make epic dungeons, castles, cities, and add rewards for your adventurers!

So instead of installing what you said was TEdit, I installed ByteFence Anti-Virus. Also, it lied and said I have 3 really bad threats. so what the heck happened?

So instead of installing what you said was TEdit, I installed ByteFence Anti-Virus. Also, it lied and said I have 3 really bad threats. so what the heck happened?
Apparently the adFly links have changed recently and may have been compromised. I've removed the link to the downloads from the OP for now. I will attempt to contact the author to get the situation straightened out. This tool has been trusted and used by hundreds of people over the past several years. People have complained of false-positive alerts about the software, but we've never seen an actual instance of malware that we've been able to replicate from this author or his links.

As for what you actually installed - that appears to be a PUP software application that you should remove. Here is a link to one article that explains how to do that. I would say take that for what you will - if you have other AV/anti-malware software available, you should probably do a full scan ASAP. I'm sorry this happened to you.

The links did not install anything for me, but also did not download anything either. Instead they redirected me to another site.

Apparently the adFly links have changed recently and may have been compromised. I've removed the link to the downloads from the OP for now. I will attempt to contact the author to get the situation straightened out. This tool has been trusted and used by hundreds of people over the past several years. People have complained of false-positive alerts about the software, but we've never seen an actual instance of malware that we've been able to replicate from this author or his links.

As for what you actually installed - that appears to be a PUP software application that you should remove. Here is a link to one article that explains how to do that. I would say take that for what you will - if you have other AV/anti-malware software available, you should probably do a full scan ASAP. I'm sorry this happened to you.

The links did not install anything for me, but also did not download anything either. Instead they redirected me to another site.
I was able to successfully download TEdit from his normal downloads page, which I think is the same link you removed. I'm not sure what ttAack downloaded or installed, but it's a pretty standard Adfly link and I didn't see anything compromised. Maybe he just didn't understand how Adfly works and clicked the ad instead of the continue button on the top right?

I was able to successfully download TEdit from his normal downloads page, which I think is the same link you removed. I'm not sure what ttAack downloaded or installed, but it's a pretty standard Adfly link and I didn't see anything compromised. Maybe he just didn't understand how Adfly works and clicked the ad instead of the continue button on the top right?
Nothing downloaded for me at all, I just got redirected to some website where I did not want to be. That's enough reason to take the link down. This is different from the last time I tried downloading to refute a claim that it was a virus.

eta - the links complained very pointedly about my adblocker, which may explain the different behavior that I experienced.

I understand that BC makes this tool on his own and is deserving of the few pennies adFly provides, but this is sketchy behavior even for adFly.

so the mod works for you correct? could you anyway figure this out? https://gyazo.com/c6fefc90139e50509c9d392aca12c581 anyworld saved in tedit with anything done to it, or created in tedit does this and will not let me play on the maps.
If you can, find the TEdit download page and download the version that supports 1.3.5 that is timestamped '2017-04-27T03:25:42Z'. The newest versions aren't saving the worlds correctly so if you open your world with the older one, you may need to force it to load, then re-save it, it'll open up in Terraria no problem.

@ahamling27 - when I look at the download page, I see 3 links for TEdit 3.10:

http://puu.sh/A35Lv/6756a1202a.png

The top two are adf.ly links and were put there earlier this week, apparently (April 10th)
The third one is the one you referenced in the post above, and it does seem fine - I downloaded it and scanned it, no issues. It does not go through adf.ly

Until it is made clear who added the two new links, and they are fixed to not exhibit this unwanted behavior, I'm going leave the link out of the OP. If you know how to contact BC directly, that might help get this resolved sooner.

If you can, find the TEdit download page and download the version that supports 1.3.5 that is timestamped '2017-04-27T03:25:42Z'. The newest versions aren't saving the worlds correctly so if you open your world with the older one, you may need to force it to load, then re-save it, it'll open up in Terraria no problem.
Thank you vm. that worked, the edited world didnt work had to copy paste parts from the one i had created and save into another new one, but got it nevertheless

@ahamling27 - when I look at the download page, I see 3 links for TEdit 3.10:

http://puu.sh/A35Lv/6756a1202a.png

The top two are adf.ly links and were put there earlier this week, apparently (April 10th)
The third one is the one you referenced in the post above, and it does seem fine - I downloaded it and scanned it, no issues. It does not go through adf.ly

Until it is made clear who added the two new links, and they are fixed to not exhibit this unwanted behavior, I'm going leave the link out of the OP. If you know how to contact BC directly, that might help get this resolved sooner.
I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom