New PS4 & Xbox One Patch Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, 1.3.3.

Everyone has/is getting PC's 1.3.0.5 right?

1.3.0.7 (aka the final "stable" version of 1.3.0).

Really wish we at least had the Multicolor Wrench... There are some misplaced wires that I could fix, but then I'd have to dig out a huge chunk to reach the dropped wires. The Multicolor Wrench would at least put them back in my inventory.

Assuming we go in order, 1.3.1 content would be up next after Switch/Mobile. :)

As a person who is using a 8-10 year old TV I don't have a way to adjust my screen borders so I think in the next patch they should add the ability to adjust your screen borders in game.

As a person who is using a 8-10 year old TV I don't have a way to adjust my screen borders so I think in the next patch they should add the ability to adjust your screen borders in game.
Don’t feel bad, I have a ‘17 model 4K UHD tv that also has no overscan controls.

I have a Sony XBR-49x900E. If anybody can find the menu with overscan adjustments, I’d amend my statement. Terraria fits my screen bounds fine but knowing where to find hidden menus is always nice.

Last edited:
Don’t feel bad, I have a ‘17 model 4K UHD tv that also has no overscan controls.

I have a Sony XBR-49x900E. If anybody can find the menu with overscan adjustments, I’d amend my statement. Terraria fits my screen bounds fine but knowing where to find hidden menus is always nice.
Assuming this is the correct tv, it should be on the remote. If not I might have the wrong TV guide. :p hope I helped!

Attachments

• AE77C883-0B9F-4769-8C69-2A79FC6FE934.jpeg
    AE77C883-0B9F-4769-8C69-2A79FC6FE934.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 103
  • A92E29AC-339E-4DA5-96B5-C359F250B39E.jpeg
    A92E29AC-339E-4DA5-96B5-C359F250B39E.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 120
“Wide” is not Overscan. That just toggles how a TV handles non 16:9 content, like old TV shows and DVDs. Most have “fill”, “stretch” and “native” settings. So if a show is older, it’ll have black bars on the sides at “fill”, black bars all around on “native” and make everything look squished on “stretch”.

Overscan is when a small portion of an image is covered up by the physical edges of the screen to keep you from seeing some garbled bits on the edges of (mostly SD) broadcasts. Most TVs don’t do that anymore. A good way to test for it is to tune your tv to a SD cable channel and look for small, flickering white strips across the top edge of the picture. If you see them, your TV likely has no or very minor overscan.

Enough televisions still use it though, that almost every modern game has an overscan adjustment. Its called screen bounds or safe zone; the setting where you drag arrow shaped markers across the horizontal and vertical of your screen until they line up at the edges of where you can see. This tells the game that you can’t see past those edges so it won’t display HUD elements past them.

Are we getting the ability to adjust the screen edges then? I bought the game to play with my brother and only he can play the game.

I have an older Sony Bravia, but I am wondering if it is the same menu location.

Turn on XB1, make sure TV is set to the input to which the XB1 is tied > (for some reason, the desired menu is greyed out if not on an active source)

Settings > Picture & Display > Screen

On this sub-menu are a number of options. I set mine as follows:
  • Wide Mode: Full
  • Auto-Wide: On
  • Display Area: Full Pixel

The "Full Pixel" setting is what fixed the "clipped borders" issue for me on Terraria XB1. It is set per source/input so it shouldn't affect anything outside of XB1.

Not sure again if the newer menus are the same, but that is what I found for mine in about 5m of playing with settings when the game launched. Hope it works!

can Xbox 360 play with Xbox one? I know I need Xbox live Gold but even with that are we able too? Just wondering because of this 13 mess
[doublepost=1523291462,1523291447][/doublepost]1.3*
[doublepost=1523291830][/doublepost]Can 360 play with Xbox one

can Xbox 360 play with Xbox one? I know I need Xbox live Gold but even with that are we able too? Just wondering because of this 13 mess
No, unfortunately there is no crossplay support on the Xbox platform. Sony used to support crossplay, but with the 1.3 release on PS4 that's no longer posssible either.

[doublepost=1523291830][/doublepost]Can 360 play with Xbox one

No. 1.3 only released to newer Gen consoles, (XBox One, PS4.) and older gen consoles can't recieve it, because they wouldn't be able to sufficiently handle it. Therefore, the older generations of consoles will only have a previous version, and you can probably imagine what would happen if you could play on a 1.3 world, with only 1.2.4 on your console.

The game wouldn't know how to display anything from a version after the version that it has, and even if, on viewing these objects, it didn't crash, (which it likely would.) you would get insanely glitchy effects.

This is why it's not possible, because it would be unplayable, you'd get so glitched out, you likely wouldn't be able to do much of anything. You would likely softlock/freeze/crash the game at least once per second, I bet. There would likely be holes in the world, for the new biomes, since the game doesn't know what those are, and it wouldn't re-attribute it to whatever it would've been if that biome didn't exist.

I have an older Sony Bravia, but I am wondering if it is the same menu location.

Turn on XB1, make sure TV is set to the input to which the XB1 is tied > (for some reason, the desired menu is greyed out if not on an active source)

Settings > Picture & Display > Screen

On this sub-menu are a number of options. I set mine as follows:
  • Wide Mode: Full
  • Auto-Wide: On
  • Display Area: Full Pixel

The "Full Pixel" setting is what fixed the "clipped borders" issue for me on Terraria XB1. It is set per source/input so it shouldn't affect anything outside of XB1.

Not sure again if the newer menus are the same, but that is what I found for mine in about 5m of playing with settings when the game launched. Hope it works!
No such menu on mine. As I stated, some televisions have the setting, others don’t.

Question: The Map Screen Autopause And Blinking Text, Were They Actual Factual Bugs Or Just "Whoops, We Didn't Think THAT'D Be A Problem"? *Hiss*
*Editorial Hiss 1*: Does This Mean That The Vanishing Texture Bug Is Gone? We'll See Projectiles No Matter What?
*Editorial Hiss 2*: Doesn't The XBOX1 Have A "Screen Display Option" Like The PS4?

Do we know when there will be another update? I am enjoying the current update, and I am excited for the next one and to see all the fixes you guys have done.

Do we know when there will be another update? I am enjoying the current update, and I am excited for the next one and to see all the fixes you guys have done.

They're working on it and will let us know. I'm going to wait patiently and give the code-flypaper time to catch all the bugs so they can be swatted. Hopefully the UI transparency thing will be fixed in the next round of patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom