Weapons & Equip More Uses for Illegal Gun Parts

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
The illegal gun parts open up many new opportunities for guns, however as of now, only a few tiers makes use of them, yet they are sold throughout basically the whole game.

so here I am to introduce a bunch of new guns to give more use to this naughty crafting material, and add more spice to the ranger arsenal in places that could use more interesting weapons.

First of all, to make the first 2 weapons balanced, illegal gun parts will only start being sold after Skeletron and Queen Bee has been defeated. (making this 2 tiers above the weapons used to craft them)

Pseudo post Dungeon/Jungle "Tier" (more of a sub tier)
Springfield
Carbine remake.png

damage: 44
knockback: 5
velocity: 12
use time: 49
zoom enabled
crafted with: 1 musket, and 1 illegal gun parts @ iron anvil

SMG
SMG.png

Damage: 11
no knockback
velocity: 8
use time: 8
automatic fire
slightly higher recoil
crafted with: 1 undertaker, and 1 illegal gun parts @ iron anvil

Hell Tier

Hellfire

Blister Blaster.png

damage: null
knockback: 4
velocity: 6
use time: 30
shoots diabolical grenades
uses grenades as ammo
inflicts: fire
crafted with: 20 hellstone bars, and 1 illegal gun parts @ iron anvil

I feel that one requires some explanation, it is a grenade launcher type weapon, since it uses grenades as ammo, it really doesn't need a damage stat. The grenades it fires explode into infernos, the same kind of effect of the inferno fork shots.

Pre-Mech Tier

Paddywhacker
Paddywacker.png

damage: 25
9% critical strike chance
knockback: 3.5
velocity: 13
use time: 11
crafted with: 1 revolver, 1 illegal gun parts, 5 souls of night, and 5 souls of light @iron anvil

Another small change: the phoenix blaster will be nerfed, the Pattywacker is a compensation weapon.
The phoenix blaster will now deal 17 damage as apposed to 23, I also think it should have the added effect of lighting bullets on fire, similar to the molten fury. @SzGamer227 and @Snickerbobble suggested this as well.

The revolver will now be sold by the arms dealer during blood moons, and then all the time during hard mode.

Mech Tier (thanks to @SzGamer227 for letting me collaborate)

index.php

Beamshot
*Mechanical-tiered. (Balanced against the Megashark.)
Hitscan technology enhances ammo used.
Damage: 70
Crit Chance: +5%
Use Time: 24 (2.5 uses/second)
Knockback: 6
Recipe:
Hallowed_Bar.png
Hallowed Bars (12)
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png
Illegal Gun Parts
Soul_of_Fright.png
Souls of Fright (20)

this is just a small chunk of Sz's suggestion
click here for the full thread

Post Plantera (shroomite) Tier

Buzzshroom

shroomite assault rifle.png

Damage: 29
knockback: none
velocity: 12
use time: 11
automatic fire
shoots 4 bullets in rapid succession with pinpoint accuracy at the price of 1 bullet
crafted with: 12 shroomite bars, 1 clockwork assault rifle and 1 illegal gun parts @ mythril/Orichalcum anvil

Hardmode Dungeon Tier

This isn't going to add anything new specifically, but it will overhaul the way the way guns are obtained in the hardmode dungeon.

Long Ranged Rifle Parts
s7cPCvs.png

type: material
10% drop rate
replaces the skeleton sniper's sniper rifle drop.
can be combined with 1 paddywhacker, and 1 illegal gun parts to make a sniper rifle @ mythril/Orichalcum anvil

Launcher Components
SUiDbey.png

10% drop rate
replaces the skeleton commando's rocket launcher drop
can be combined with 1 grenade launcher, and 1 illegal gun parts to make a rocket launcher @ mythril/Orichalcum anvil

Tactical Gun Parts
YKj4Ayh.png

10% drop rate
replaces the tactical skeleton's tactical shotgun drop
can be combined with 1 shotgun, and 1 illegal gun parts to make tactical shotgun @ mythril/Orichalcum anvil

thanks to @Haloboy01134 for the hardmode materials.

So what do you think? any ideas for improvements? Any additional ideas for weapons? Let me know.

Last edited:
Beautiful destruction.

Though illegal implies that I'm not the one making the laws on my world. Eh, whatever.

Especially like the Hellfire.

OP update

updated the Hellfire sprite
Blister Blaster.png

added the SMG sprite
SMG.png

reduced carbine damage from 40 to 37.

Last edited:
There should be a gun which requires Illegal Gun parts in the pre-mech HM tier. It could possibily be a Revolver Upgrade.

Finally someone came up with this! You only buy them a few times and then they get left behind. ''Buzzshroom'' That sounds wonderful. Support! :happy: (I know I could make one to suggest this idea, but it would probably get unnoticed.)

OP update

nerfed the phoenix blaster, but gave it the added ability to inflict fire.

added the Pattywacker, a early hardmode revolver upgrade that fills the roll of the phoenix blaster.

I wonder, should I change the way that the revolver is obtained? so that you are more likely able to craft the pattywacker?

Althrough you would have to suggest a gun which would replace it in the Travelling Merchant´s inventory.
I'm ahead of the game on that one, I'm working on a Pepper Gun, which is sort of a cross between the hand gun and the shotgun in the sense that it has less bullet spread, but fires 2-3 bullets rather than the guaranteed 3 of the boomstick. not to mention it will be less powerful damage stat wise.

that is what will replace the revolver, problem is thinking of a place to put the revolver. first thought is it is sold by the arms dealer during a blood moon. however that is still highly at the mercy of RNG.

Last edited:
that is what will replace the revolver, problem is thinking of a place to put the revolver. first thought is it is sold by the arms dealer during a blood moon. however that is still highly at the mercy of RNG.
it could be sold in Blood Moons until Queen Bee is defeated, at which point it would ba sold on New Moons.

I am now thinking of believe it or not, a melee weapon crafted with Illegal Gun Parts.

you'll see when the time comes, although I'm sure some can take a wild guess at what it's going to be.

Back
Top Bottom