Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a flying mount and Stardust Cell/UFO minions?

I have the UFO and the cute fishron mounts. UFO preferred. And yes, I have the stardust cell minion. I use it to keep crap away from me when I'm in my drill mount since I can't attack while riding it.

I have the UFO and the cute fishron mounts. UFO preferred. And yes, I have the stardust cell minion. I use it to keep crap away from me when I'm in my drill mount since I can't attack while riding it.
It's a bit low-tech, but flatten a 200-tile area of jungle, get into your UFO mount and your best summoner gear and float above the area, letting your stardust cells attack everything. You dont get the drops, but that's a good thing because it leaves room for banners. This works better in the pre-hardmode world as the only things that spawn there are either slimes or bats, apart from the od snatcher. That way you can get into position and then just watch some telly.

It's a bit low-tech, but flatten a 200-tile area of jungle, get into your UFO mount and your best summoner gear and float above the area, letting your stardust cells attack everything. You dont get the drops, but that's a good thing because it leaves room for banners. This works better in the pre-hardmode world as the only things that spawn there are either slimes or bats, apart from the od snatcher. That way you can get into position and then just watch some telly.

I need to slime hunt in a pre-hardmode world anyway, since I also need the banners for black, red, and yellow along with the slimer from the Corruption. I got the mother slime banner while puttering around in my expert crimson world prepping it for hardmode (mother slimes were spawning like crazy in the lowest part of the jungle).

My summoner is a newly-made character and has a completely empty inventory aside from the hotbar. I don't even have any potions on her yet.

I need to slime hunt in a pre-hardmode world anyway, since I also need the banners for black, red, and yellow along with the slimer from the Corruption. I got the mother slime banner while puttering around in my expert crimson world prepping it for hardmode (mother slimes were spawning like crazy in the lowest part of the jungle).

My summoner is a newly-made character and has a completely empty inventory aside from the hotbar. I don't even have any potions on her yet.
Do you not swap stuff between characters?

Do you not swap stuff between characters?

I do. But I have to make more potions before I can put them on her. My last summon potions are on my ranger for Moon Lord fights (she has a stardust cell staff, too. every bit of extra damage against that jerk helps). I'll go on a potion-making spree while I mess around with music boxes tomorrow

I do. But I have to make more potions before I can put them on her. My last summon potions are on my ranger for Moon Lord fights (she has a stardust cell staff, too. every bit of extra damage against that jerk helps). I'll go on a potion-making spree while I mess around with music boxes tomorrow
I've got a character made purely for ingredient gathering, as in gardening & fishing, (which is why he's called "Rod"). I've built an extensive fishing hub and an all-item garden. I've just finished a cobweb farm that gets me ~500 cobwebs at the push of a button.

I've got a character made purely for ingredient gathering, as in gardening & fishing, (which is why he's called "Rod"). I've built an extensive fishing hub and an all-item garden. I've just finished a cobweb farm that gets me ~500 cobwebs at the push of a button.

I have four main characters, one for each of the four classes, and one character that's an all-purpose "pack mule". I haven't needed another so far. I'm also not much of a technical builder... I can't even grasp much beyond the most basic redstone in Minecraft, much less systems of actuators and active/inactive blocks.

I never bother when I'm AFK, it's only one more minion, and as it's rep-hardmode it doesn't really make a difference.

I'll still need them if I ever plan on using her for hardmode events or boss fights. Better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

I'll still need them if I ever plan on using her for hardmode events or boss fights. Better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them.
True, but for farming banners there's not really needed; the stardust set with the right accessories can get you nine permanent minons.

True, but for farming banners there's not really needed; the stardust set with the right accessories can get you nine permanent minons.

I have all the accessories. I'm good for that. But I have a massive paranoid streak so I'd like the potions in my inventory anyway. At least since my summoner doesn't use projectile weapons I won't need the ammo res potion, so that's one inventory slot saved.

I have also just realized that I never got the binoculars from the Eye. So guess what's going to die a million times until it finally yields the item

Last edited:
@Loki, I found another bug with the music boxes.

Was collecting them today, and making copies for ones that are used to make the title and tutorial boxes. I was trying to copy the Ocean music box. Started playing the one I already made, equipped a new music box to record it. A minute later I check...

...and the equip slot is empty. The music box has vanished.

So I get another new music box, equip it, and try again. Same thing happens: I check to see if it's recorded the music and find instead that it has vanished from the equip slot. Deciding to try another tactic, I flew all the way across the map to the ocean, equipped a third music box, and tried to record a fresh copy. But again the music box disappeared.

I ended up exiting and relaunching the game, which made the music boxes work properly again. But three of them still vanished without a trace on me.

@Loki, I found another bug with the music boxes.

Was collecting them today, and making copies for ones that are used to make the title and tutorial boxes. I was trying to copy the Ocean music box. Started playing the one I already made, equipped a new music box to record it. A minute later I check...

...and the equip slot is empty. The music box has vanished.

So I get another new music box, equip it, and try again. Same thing happens: I check to see if it's recorded the music and find instead that it has vanished from the equip slot. Deciding to try another tactic, I flew all the way across the map to the ocean, equipped a third music box, and tried to record a fresh copy. But again the music box disappeared.

I ended up exiting and relaunching the game, which made the music boxes work properly again. But three of them still vanished without a trace on me.
I had that issue with space music, but only the old space music. Was it the old ocean music you were recording?

I had that issue with space music, but only the old space music. Was it the old ocean music you were recording?

No, it was the new ocean music. I had no music boxes before. It was a legacy world, but with the new 1.3 music.

Is there any more slimes due to the update? If we have the trophy that says defeat every slime, what will happen if more slimes enter the game? Will there ever be a cloud slime or a sea slime? :joy::bluslime::gslime::pinky::pslime::yslime::bslime::cslime::islime::lslime::sslime::rslime::kingslime:

@Loki, I encountered the "invisible Solar Eruption" bug again today. Was digging a hellevator in my expert crimson world and ran through a spider cave. Tried using the SE to clear the webs and it was invisible, everything lagged immensely, all the usual features of that bug. It cost me the webbed stylist, too... She was there but everything lagged so bad she either despawned or moved somewhere else before I could get clear of the webs or the lag.

When I did finally get to hell, I threw the guide voodoo doll into the lava, the Guide was slain, and... nothing happened. Wall of Flesh never spawned. I had to go back to my main world to get more voodoo dolls (and exited the game entirely to clear the bug with the SE). Second time around it worked.

A question: Can the Hallow/Crimson/Corruption spread to the foreground from the background wall? I've seen something that indicated it can and other stuff that said it can't. Would like confirmation one way or the other b/c the slash of Crimson spawned across my underground desert and I'm trying to stop it from consuming it entirely.

I know this has been asked/addressed before, but we need and overscan option. Anyone else not seeing how much their life is remaining?

Before you got to the spider cave, did you go through an underground ice biome?

This has happened to me as well.

I did not... I was on the other side of the world from the underground snow. My hellevator goes down through a forest biome on the desert/jungle side. Was just digging down with my drill mount, ran into spiderwebs and got out of my mount to clear them away, and suddenly LAGFEST.

I did not... I was on the other side of the world from the underground snow. My hellevator goes down through a forest biome on the desert/jungle side. Was just digging down with my drill mount, ran into spiderwebs and got out of my mount to clear them away, and suddenly LAGFEST.
I meant at any point in that game session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom