What's the worst thing that has happened to you in a game?

My RAM died during a new game from december 18 from last year and get another until january 23.

youll never know what you have until you lost it.

Last edited:
My friend kicked me from the game as a joke and ended up getting my entire inventory deleted somehow. Maybe it's a bug that I should report, now that I think about it....

Having Windows 10.
Jk, but honestly. Windows hasn't changed a bit when it's about its updates. I get since a few days popups from a windows update wich fails every god damn time.
During these updates and fail messages a window opens and minimizes every game. In this one to three seconds I need to open the game I could be dead, miss an importand event or - in case of GMod - the game could be so instable that it will instantly crash.

Playing Darkest dungeon.
One of my characters was low on health so I decided to heal him with Occultist (from 0 to massive heal, inflicts bleeding; it is quite random). He healed him for 0 hp and my character died because of bleeding.

-is playing sonic and sega all-stars racing transformed-
-is about to win race-
-plane decides to go out of bounds and not accept the triggers for new laps-
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I've managed to die from using a healing item, yeah... that's really ironic, like calling an ambulance and it running you over.

is on my wii
is confused as to why Wii Sports won't load
Is 8 years old
formats wii's system memory because somehow the "Format" button made me think that it'd make it read.

I was a stupid kid.

On a side note it did somehow load after that. .-.

So, I was playing modded Starbound (specifically Frackin Universe and More Planet Info), and I decide to land on a gas planet. I finally had pressure protection, so I survived there, until I hit a flying jellyfish and died. Most of my items fell a few thousand blocks. I tried for hours to recover them, but it never worked.

That's why I don't play Starbound often anymore. That and there is sometimes errors that cause the game to not open.

Secret Of Mana PS4.
In The Mana Fortress, On The Third Floor, There Is A Room Where There Are Two Wolf Lords Right Next To The Topmost Door, With A Whimper On An Inaccessible Platform In The Middle Of The Room. Kill The Wolf Lords, Then The Whimper. Guess What? A Chest. Right. On. The. PLATFORM. Right Where The Whimper Was. In Secret Of Mana, You Have To Be Able To Get To A Chest To Open It, So, This Chest Was Completely Useless. Needless To Say, Pissed.

I once played through Xen in Sven-Coop.

Now that, THAT was hell.

Imagine, if you will, a massive maze. Now, imagine every step you take hurting you. Now also imagine if 16 other people were trapped in that maze, and that you need 4 people to figure out the maze on their own to continue. Imagine doing that 4 times.

Game: Skyrim - Legendary Edition (Modded)
Platform: PC

I made the mistake of storing hundreds of unique Weapons, Items and Armor sets in a chest at Fort Dawnguard, rather than just buying a home like a normal person. One day they all just vanished, I'm assuming it happens when you upgrade the Fortress or when items replenish themselves after a certain amount of time passes.

I was roleplaying and really got into it, sorta like a guy who's obsessed with his job, that he doesn't have a life outside of it. Once the Vampires went bye-bye, my Character was gonna have to struggle with making a real life for himself. Losing all of my hard-earned gear, made me just wanna beat the Vampire Boss and get it over with.

It sucks because, up until that point, I was having a great time with the game (it was the best video game session I'd ever played). The bugs and crashes weren't enough to discourage me, though I do remember some of the more awful ones, but... it was ultimately an in-game mechanics that chased me away.

Side Note: Luckily, Skyrim modding is in a much better place these days; game-breaking bugs/ glitches and crashes are nearly nonexistent. It also helps that Skyrim itself is in a much more stable and playable state.

WH40K: Freeblade (mobile shooter)
(me getting a really really high score on daily event)
(moving to the final encounter)
(iPad battery dies)
Or, trying to play GTA V.
(intro scene where protagonists robbed bank)
(intro where protagonist's friends drive cars to a shop)
(drives car to shop)
(windows: ERR_OUT_OF_MEMORY) or (ERR_DXGL_CRITICAL_FAILURE) (direct X cannot allocate enough memory)
so i was stuck on the gta intro. I thought 8GB of RAM is enough, but clearly it isn't if you throw the amount of video memory into the mix (which have to weigh at least 3GB. plus 1.5GB overhead I need about 12

Game: Terraria
Platform: Ipad
I was exploring the dungeon on journey mode(don't judge) with monsters off(DON'T JUDGE), and I ran to a door, failed to notice the crumbling blocks in between me and the door, fell into a pit of spikes, and died. In journey mode. with the monsters off.

I did a full playthrough of Halo 2 on Legendary in MCC and that was reflected in the menu with the sigils all bearing the Legendary difficulty icon. One day I log in and mysteriously, all my progress in the campaign vanished and the icon was back to the default blank state, as if I had never played it on any difficulty, let alone Legendary.
Had to replay the entirety of the campaign on Legendary yet again, which was a pain.

Back
Top Bottom