Texture Pack High Definition version of all textures up to Terraria 1.4.4.6

This 1.3.5.1 version, Will it work with 1.3.5.3 or need to be updated?
In general, this texture pack should work with any version of Terraria. Newer textures will not be "high resolution" but the game should work properly.
I rarely play with Terraria these days so let me know if new items were introduced and my texture pack needs updating.

Will you update this pack to 1.3.6 when that releases?
I sure will. Actually i started playing Terraria again a few weeks ago because i got too excited about a new similar game called "it lurks below" (but sadly that's only in closed beta state now).
How come you didn't use my texture pack when you created the screenshot for your signature? :D

I was testing out another texture pack back then. I'll be sure to use it in the future! Hmm, that game seems interesting, will it enter early access on steam soon?

> It Lurks Below currently doesn't have a set release date, but it's supposed to come to Steam later this year. Brevik is developing the game solo as part of his studio Graybeard Games.

From here.
He's working on that game for more then a year so maybe a few more months until release.

Hey, I have some suggestions for things you could fix with your texture pack. Certain tiles seem as though they are 'stitched' together, which is something that the vanilla textures do not exhibit. What I mean is that textures such as grandfather clocks, chests, platforms, minecart rails, glass walls, etc. (pretty much any tile that can be meshed together with other tiles, and also objects such as furnaces and grandfather clocks that are made up of multiple tiles. If you could do something to eliminate, or at least tidy up these borders, that would be great!

EDIT: I have one more suggestion for the next version. Perhaps you could start including some 'HD' versions of some older Terraria textures. I have some linked below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ernsitjlzqtlvx7/AAC-badYMgDcAa-J_lDGpFZja?dl=0

Last edited:
Hey, I have some suggestions for things you could fix with your texture pack. Certain tiles seem as though they are 'stitched' together, which is something that the vanilla textures do not exhibit. What I mean is that textures such as grandfather clocks, chests, platforms, minecart rails, glass walls, etc. (pretty much any tile that can be meshed together with other tiles, and also objects such as furnaces and grandfather clocks that are made up of multiple tiles. If you could do something to eliminate, or at least tidy up these borders, that would be great!

EDIT: I have one more suggestion for the next version. Perhaps you could start including some 'HD' versions of some older Terraria textures. I have some linked below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ernsitjlzqtlvx7/AAC-badYMgDcAa-J_lDGpFZja?dl=0
Do you have a screenshot about those "stitched" tiles? Or more detailed info what should i look for? I haven't noticed anything unusual.

My tool can be used to turn custom textures into HD, but i think it's more useful to keep the texture packs separated.

Do you have a screenshot about those "stitched" tiles? Or more detailed info what should i look for? I haven't noticed anything unusual.

My tool can be used to turn custom textures into HD, but i think it's more useful to keep the texture packs separated.
You have a tool to create XNB textures? Would you mind linking? And yes, I will update this comment with some screenshots of stitched tiles.

I mean the tool i'm using to create my texture pack. The github link is in the first comment. I spent some time to try to make it work on Windows, but haven't finished yet.
Alright, will you be working on it in the future? Alternatively, you could always create a separate download on this thread for 'old Terraria textures', or something like that. It could be an add-on to the original pack.

I've added a `win` branch in the github repo: https://github.com/sullerandras/terraria-hd-textures/tree/win
Let me know how it works in case you try it.

What are the "old Terraria textures"?
Thank you for adding that branch.

As for the old Terraria textures, it refers to the textures in Terraria that have had updated sprites in the past. For example, the sun got a re-sprite in update 1.2, and the old pre-1.2 texture is what I would consider to be an old Terraria texture. Another example is the piggy bank, which was re-sprited in update 1.3.1.

As for the old Terraria textures, it refers to the textures in Terraria that have had updated sprites in the past. For example, the sun got a re-sprite in update 1.2, and the old pre-1.2 texture is what I would consider to be an old Terraria texture. Another example is the piggy bank, which was re-sprited in update 1.3.1.
Thanks. Now i understand why you called them "old Terraria textures". Indeed it would make sense to include those as an additional download option. I can do that if you have those old textures (i found no option in Steam to revert Terraria to older version).

Thanks. Now i understand why you called them "old Terraria textures". Indeed it would make sense to include those as an additional download option. I can do that if you have those old textures (i found no option in Steam to revert Terraria to older version).
Sure, here's a few to get started with! I have a dropbox link here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ernsitjlzqtlvx7/AAC-badYMgDcAa-J_lDGpFZja?dl=0

I will also post an image of what I mean by the blocks not stitching together correctly, there are quite a few examples of this which could be fixed.

I know this doesn't pertain to this post, but it has the most to do with textures so i was wondering any anyone knew of a tmodloader mod that changed textures, i remember once the game looked super nice and cool at one point but when i went back to manage my mods better the cool looking (retextured blocks and everything) went away. So if anyone has any ideas of any mods that retexture blocks and others in tmodloader. Gimme a shout.

Back
Top Bottom