1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the block replacement speed affected by block placement speed buffs or mining potion and pickaxe speed?
If it's block placement speed, would it be possible to use a slow and powerful Molten Pickaxe as "the strongest Pickaxe in your inventory" to quickly change pretty much anything to a weak block like sand, and have a second player mine that sand quickly with a fast pickaxe with not so much pickaxe power, like the Bone Pickaxe?
And would that even make you dig faster than just having two people mining at the same time... Welp, there goes the idea, having two people mine a strong material would probably be faster than one person mining a really soft material
Okay, what happens if you turn a block in midair into sand? What determines the range of the replacing?

Well, I got a little carried away, sorry for asking so many questions

Is the block replacement speed affected by block placement speed buffs or mining potion and pickaxe speed?
If it's block placement speed, would it be possible to use a slow and powerful Molten Pickaxe as "the strongest Pickaxe in your inventory" to quickly change pretty much anything to a weak block like sand, and have a second player mine that sand quickly with a fast pickaxe with not so much pickaxe power, like the Bone Pickaxe?
And would that even make you dig faster than just having two people mining at the same time... Welp, there goes the idea, having two people mine a strong material would probably be faster than one person mining a really soft material
Okay, what happens if you turn a block in midair into sand? What determines the range of the replacing?

Well, I got a little carried away, sorry for asking so many questions
This makes no sense to me at all; you're getting one guy to mine the block then place sand there (effectively what this does according to the OP talking about pickaxe powers and time to break etc) and claiming that that would be quicker?

This makes no sense to me at all; you're getting one guy to mine the block then place sand there (effectively what this does according to the OP talking about pickaxe powers and time to break etc) and claiming that that would be quicker?
Is the speed of the pickaxe taken into consideration when replacing blocks or just the pickaxe power, that is what I meant.
Sorry for having all this confusing nonsense around it.

Holy :red:.

Holy :red:.

HOLY. HECKERONI.

When this drops I'm buying a second copy of the game as the only form of thanks I can think to muster.

The amount of swings isn't the same as the time it takes for a swing to happen. When replacing a block, would a swing from a slow pickaxe take as long as a swing from a fast pickaxe

Man, I've been wanting to have that since we got the quick wall replacement. Looks really incredible!
Also interesting that in this case, it needs mining power to swap blocks. so it can't be abused by entering the Lihzahrd Temple or something. :p

Really looking forward to this! After seeing what all has been teased, 1.3.6. starts looking great!

The amount of swings isn't the same as the time it takes for a swing to happen. When replacing a block, would a swing from a slow pickaxe take as long as a swing from a fast pickaxe
I would be surprised if they made everything else consistent but not that.

FINALLY, I'll get the damn ores below the DEMON ALTARS YAYYYYY <3:cool:
30716316_1166019593533329_2967535003467584848_n.jpg

Last edited:
From a Multiplayer standpoint...
Does Block Swap have its own packet (or does it use "Tile" / [17]?)
Is there any way server operators can tell blockswap apart from a cheater destroying tiles with their bare hands?
Is there any way we will be able to apply item bans against the pickaxe used by blockswap (aka, will we be told WHICH pickaxe was used?)

If Block Swap uses two Tile packets (first to remove, second to add tile) rather than its own packet then cheating will become rampant more than it already is.

Anyway, great feature. Hoping it's also secure apart from being good QoL :)

Woah! That looks like a subtle but incredible new feature. It will be so much easier to build and fix houses with this. Could easily see this becoming one of those features that becomes impossible to live without once you get used to it.

I wonder what other secrets 1.3.6 might have. It's looking like it will be an interesting new update from what has been seen so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom