tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Seems worlds are having trouble opening with this mod active on my end. A little sad, since I find this mod's concepts rather enjoyable.
Might relate to Tremor being active at the same time now that I think about it... Anyways, maybe there could be some sort of a trimmed down version that could remove certain aspects (like the gramophone, while I like its music, the music files seem to be very large), while keeping the more important ones (like lightning, fire, pooling rain, and the various adjustments to movement). Good luck either way Overhaul Team!

I tried to play with it, but found it suffocating, felt like if something was constantly dragging me down. It was very annoying and frustrating.

Many of the features of the mod are just GREAT, and I wish I could have them separated from the rest, like seasons, dodgerolls, blood & gore, atmosphere sounds, charged attacks and some minor stuff.

The main part that bothers me are the "realistic" changes. Terraria is an arcade game, a metroidvania with no aim to realism. When you add something like limited jump height, limited swiming, anti-spam tool system, etc. it becomes annoying rather than entertaining and fun.

This is my opinion tho. If a version of the mod without those was made, I would gladly download and support it.

Hello @Mirsario,

Found this kinda game-breaking bug for summoners:
Stardust dragon minion, no matter the length, still deals tool tip damage (where each segment is supposed to add like 50 more damage, here is the formula: (summon dmg * 1.69) + (summon dmg * .46)(summon length - 1)).
Disabling the mod, fixes this issue. I'm not a programmer myself, but based on my limited knowledge, I think newest change, might have changed some variable.

"Desktop 1.3.0.6: Fixed certain issues with the Stardust Dragon's damage and re-balanced him to be more in line with other minions. (Damage has been decreased from 60 to 40.)"

Liking your mod a lot! However, I was wondering if you ever planned on rebalancing potion sickness? All potions give the same flat cooldown, no matter how weak it is. Perhaps weaker potions(healing) could gradually ramp up until the strongest version, which would be 1min.

Two things I'm curious about:

1. Is there a reliable method for wall-jumping? I can't manage to do it intentionally and only gotten it when jumping around and accidentally doing backflips off walls.

2. Is there a way to change how the hammer now works without changing the other items? It's become a pain in the :red: to break singular background blocks without the smart block hotkey since it swings as a weapon now instead of breaking the background block.

2. Is there a way to change how the hammer now works without changing the other items? It's become a pain in the :red: to break singular background blocks without the smart block hotkey since it swings as a weapon now instead of breaking the background block.
This has been a major aspect of this otherwise phenomenal mod that I find oddly intolerable. As interesting as weaponizing our tools is as a more mandated practice, the method of delivery has rendered many common building-related activities to be extremely jarring, breaking the immersion very easily.

Please, please consider making a patch or an update that makes this particular part of the mod optional, just like the fire system. I feel like I can't function properly without the ability to swing a pick, hammer, or axe to do its thing just like it does in Vanilla Terraria.

Last edited:
:red: dude amazing mod but could you add "lock on" back into the game? playing on a gamepad is a nightmare, especially with guns. Keep the great work

Is there a way to disable the "(mod) was built for a previous tmodloader version and has therefore been disabled"?
I've got a lot of mods that are apparently a different version of tmodloader, is there a way to disable this check altogether? It plays fine when it loaded all the mods, and I think these checks may be faulty.

Last edited:
how do i wall climb, and wall jump?
For climbing just hold the up key (W)
For wall jumping (with ninja gear) - jump at a wall while not facing it and holding the up key.
For wall backflips - jump at a wall while facing it, starting to hold the opposite direction key at the last moment.
[doublepost=1524804051,1524804013][/doublepost]
Is there a way to disable the "(mod) was built for a previous tmodloader version and has therefore been disabled"?
I've got a lot of mods that are apparently a different version of tmodloader, is there a way to disable this check altogether? It plays fine when it loaded all the mods, and I think these checks may be faulty.
That's just a warning, mods are never disabled because of that. Read errors below it.
[doublepost=1524804208][/doublepost]
Two things I'm curious about:

1. Is there a reliable method for wall-jumping? I can't manage to do it intentionally and only gotten it when jumping around and accidentally doing backflips off walls.

1 - Read one my reply to davidguy above.
2 - I'm planning to add detailed item overhaul toggles for 2.2 (which is gonna happen eventually, but not soon).
[doublepost=1524804231][/doublepost]
Liking your mod a lot! However, I was wondering if you ever planned on rebalancing potion sickness? All potions give the same flat cooldown, no matter how weak it is. Perhaps weaker potions(healing) could gradually ramp up until the strongest version, which would be 1min.
Planned, yes.

I tried to play with it, but found it suffocating, felt like if something was constantly dragging me down. It was very annoying and frustrating.

Many of the features of the mod are just GREAT, and I wish I could have them separated from the rest, like seasons, dodgerolls, blood & gore, atmosphere sounds, charged attacks and some minor stuff.

The main part that bothers me are the "realistic" changes. Terraria is an arcade game, a metroidvania with no aim to realism. When you add something like limited jump height, limited swiming, anti-spam tool system, etc. it becomes annoying rather than entertaining and fun.

This is my opinion tho. If a version of the mod without those was made, I would gladly download and support it.
There's nothing in this mod added for the sake of realism, since i too think that it's disgusting to do as a game designer.
Jump height had to be limited to make space for all these new movement features.
There's mantling (lets you reach same heights as vanilla jumps), bunnyhopping (wouldn't work at all with vanilla jump height), swordboosting (+2 block high jump than in vanilla, if you nail it), hammerboosting, using hooks as elevators, grapplewalking (!), extremely powerful grappleboosting, new walljumping (with ninja gear), wall backflips, rocketjumping, using dodgerolls for changing directions mid-air, useful for making your vertical speed not useless. Most of this ties in with bunnyhopping, which, as I've already mentioned, wouldn't work with old jump height.
What is worse about having a way to swim all the time? I didn't change how Merfolk or Flippers logic or physics work.
Being sad that you can no longer stay still and hold a button to win against anything (with low knockback resistance) is rather dumb. If you don't have any weapons - dodgeroll and run away.
I'll probably increase damage of pickaxes, though.
Also, axes are gonna become proper weapons soon-ish.

I'll probably increase damage of pickaxes, though.
Also, axes are gonna become proper weapons soon-ish.
I do sincerely apologize if I'm repeating myself over this issue, but as exciting as it is to have tools that can be used as weapons, would it be fair to say that their primary use should be as tools, rather than as weapons, and using the tools shouldn't automatically default to a weaponized mode when contact with bricks breaks? Right-clicking to use them as a weapon would be far, FAR more effective. It's not like anyone's using a rifle scope with a melee tool/weapon. But to have your tool stop mining or harvesting mid-use is extremely jarring for the user! It happens so often that it's draining all of the fun out of it. Every time I say I'll take another run at the mod, I end up deactivating it so I can properly dig.

For the sake of the beauty and grandeur of the wondrous creation that you've graced us with... is there anything I can do or say to have you consider some alternative or prioritizing of the picks, axes, and hammers as being primarily tools and weapons second, rather than as weapons first and then tools?

Hey mate how have you been ? Nice mod, i remember how you showed me the first version of it, which added only gore and footsteep sound, which rly annoyed you apparently. Im not sure if i will be able to run it tho, haha x)
My pc died, now im using potato laptop

I love this mod so much. I find it boring to not play with it now.

My biggest wish is to be able to run more mods with it though.

You've done a wonderful job. Please keep up the great work.

Cool mod! But I have a few problems/questions.

1) “Banners” do not work ... It's very bad ... It is NECESSARY to fix it!

2) Why I can't cut grass and plants with “shortswords”?

3) The effects of objects (banners and others) depend on the location of the sight (camera) and not the character. Not critical, but annoying.

4) Change of equipment to the "X" menu ... This does not work. If you turn on the game, download the level and try to assign an item, then 100% it does not work. When you try to select the item, it is not selected. However, sometimes when you poke things around for a long time, sometimes everything starts working ... However, I still have not found the right sequence of what needs to be done to make it work ... This is a very useful opportunity. Very badly, it does not work right after the game is turned on without additional strange manipulations.

5) Emotions ("Q") in SP do not work. Do they need to work in SP or is it an exclusive feature for MP?

6) Question about "Goodie Bag" and "Blue / Green / Yellow Present". How about a drop (1 random day in autumn for "Goodie Bag" and 1 random day in winter for "Blue / Green / Yellow Present")?

dude fix a wall of flesh is lag me out, not just lag is close Terraria... wait...

it droper from wall of flesh is nothing.... dude you need to fix it also that one..

Last edited:
Hey, I enjoy the new physics in this mod, they make the game feel more responsive fast-paced. My question is, though, is there an option to disable the changes to mercy invincibility? I'm not a big fan of getting combo'd by enemies. I'm not exactly a hardcore player and this is making certain fights just way too difficult.

Back
Top Bottom