Console Is Terraria Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikaboshi

Skeletron Prime
i'm not saying its not popular, but i don't see most of my friends play this game anymore as much as they used to. obviously because they beat it, but still more content would definitely liven it up again.

No, I'd say it's very much alive :) consoles have been promised new updates early next year so likely in just a couple months :) in the mean time I suggest you propose some challenge play throughs to make things interesting again :)

No, I'd say it's very much alive :) consoles have been promised new updates early next year so likely in just a couple months :) in the mean time I suggest you propose some challenge play throughs to make things interesting again :)
im not saying no one isnt excited for the updates. i know personally i am, but no one is playing.

im not saying no one isnt excited for the updates. i know personally i am, but no one is playing.
That's a pretty blanket statement given the finite number of people who's gaming habits you're aware of :p It's true that 'everyone' might not be playing right now not that doesn't mean 'no one' is. If nobody was playing we wouldn't be getting bug reports for the next gen releases :)

That's a pretty blanket statement given the finite number of people who's gaming habits you're aware of :p It's true that 'everyone' might not be playing right now not that doesn't mean 'no one' is. If nobody was playing we wouldn't be getting bug reports for the next gen releases :)
i would not just bring this up if i'm not 100% sure. i know for a fact their is not as much people playing as their was lemme say July of 2013 or something or when 1.2 was released. i check the gamefaqs, both forums, raptr, etc. and all have significantly lowered in popularity. like i said its not that this game isn't liked, but i'm guessing people have gotten bored. i personally see most of my friends either playing destiny, advanced warfare, or GTA V. however this is on PS3. i haven't checked other platforms.

More like it is going to sleep and will wake back up when 1.3 comes around.
that's definitely true, but we are not getting 1.3 anytime soon for sure. we are getting frost moon update, but even that is taking forever.

that's definitely true, but we are not getting 1.3 anytime soon for sure. we are getting frost moon update, but even that is taking forever.
I think most of these 1.3 comments are from people not noticing the 'Console' tag for this discussion. Updates are on the way soon. The reason it's taken so long is because the next gen ports took longer than initially anticipated. Now that those are released they can focus on content updates instead. :) people will come out of their hibernation soon ^_^

I think most of these 1.3 comments are from people not noticing the 'Console' tag for this discussion. Updates are on the way soon. The reason it's taken so long is because the next gen ports took longer than initially anticipated. Now that those are released they can focus on content updates instead. :) people will come out of their hibernation soon ^_^
i hope so, but after seeing that weird engine software and re-logic game colab trailer i feel that they are doing alot in the background.
try it on the xbox, there are DLCs. unless things have changed drastically dince ps2 and suddenly, DLCs.
ummm PS3 has the capability of having DLC, but this isnt about DLC's because Engines releases Patches in the form of updates for the game. i had Xbox, but sold it a year later because of bad service, but both platforms have DLC's...

There is a difference between DLC (which is truly a 'pack' you may or may not download., the choice is yours) and CU (content updates, which you get regardless of personal preference). Terraria uses the latter, because we can't have inconsistent Terraria's out there - which you would get with DLC.

There is a difference between DLC (which is truly a 'pack' you may or may not download., the choice is yours) and CU (content updates, which you get regardless of personal preference). Terraria uses the latter, because we can't have inconsistent Terraria's out there - which you would get with DLC.
uhhhh Van Ruud could you share 1 little speck of information on new content for console... nothing vague specifically when like saying very soon, soon, or wait awhile. i don't care which one you say i'm patient but it feels good to know at least...

Not only that, but both brands really dont like the idea of free DLC. I know Microsoft, at one point at least, only allowed a single free DLC.

Free DLC is still iffy Deva...although especially Sony has been much more willing to give you some room there too. I guess they figured out people like free stuff, it makes them come back.

Off Topic - Only post if what you have to say is related to the OP and/or current discussion being had.
If you turn off your console... It dies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom