Portfolio/Multi-Topic The Guide's Ascension

To yee or not to yee

• Yee

• Not Yee

• Yee but change _

Results are only viewable after voting.
The guide npc is a bit lacking, and I have heard many wanting a story to keep them inspired to progress in the game. I thought this would be a fun way to do it

The Guide has a new thing to say, a very mysterious one: "Why Am I Helping You, You Ask
? We All Have A Reason, And Mine Is To Return To What I Was Before They Did This To Me..."
The guide now gives quests, the next quest comes immediately after completing the previous one and has no time limit.
Quest I
"Have you ever heard of a magic mirror? Truly a wonderful thing, found deep underground. May you fetch me one? I shall reward you handsomely.

The guide, once given his magic mirror, will reward you with a throw pillow, an accessory that reduces fall damage by 60%.

Quest II
Leather is a bountiful crafting material. Wood is good as well. Can you make those into a baseball glove for me?
3 leather and 8 wood at a work bench will produce a baseball glove, an accesorry that increases throwing damage by 10%.

When the Guide recives one, he rewards the player with the Guide's Pick. It can break what a gold pick can, plus the blocks of spreading biomes.

Quest III
Coming soon!
Quest IV
I need to blend in with the cultists. Could you buy the cultist disquise from the clotheir for me? The costume is sold post-Golem.

The reward is coming soon

Quest V
The Martians come from above, but there equipment is useful down below. Could you get me a tractor gernade?

The tractor gernade is made with 5 martian conduit plating. When used, it throws about half as far as a shreukin, then explodes into a tractor beim, bringing the nearest enemy to it. Works on bosses too! The use time is snail. Here's the sprite
index.php

When the guide recives one, he hands you 3 satellite smiters. It is a one time use item that sends a moving laser similar to the martian deathray slowly accros the screen to deal 3000 damage to all enimies (not bosses). Use them wisely, because you only get 3.
The guide hurries off after giving you Quest 5's reward, and he does not return. When going to the dungeon, you see a 5th cultist, acting like a lunatic devote below the mysterous tablet. It is strangely immune to damage.

After the other 4 cultists perish, the lunatic cultist appears. Cultist number 5 rips off his cloak, revealing himself to be the guide (duh), and thrusts the tractor gernade far off with the baseball glove. While lunatic is pulled in, the guide absorbs the power of the tablet and magic mirrors away before the lunatic can chase him. The cultist fight begins as normal, with the message (Guide's name) has ascended! In the corner.
The Guide mantains his name and replaces the normal form. Be no longer gives quests, but has a shop in place of this.
Vortex Fragment
Solar Fragment
Stradust Fragment
Nebula Fragment
Luminite bar (post moon lord) - 5 gold
For 10 platinum, you can have him cleanse a spreading biome. With a wave of his hand and a white flash covering the screen, you see all of the biome you selected had dissapeared!
More coming soon!
So, what do you think?

Last edited:
he rewards the player with the Guide's Pick. It can break what a gold pick can, plus the blocks of spreading biomes.
I don't think a the equivalent of a Nightmare Pickaxe should be obtained that early. (Well the same could be said for the Reaver Shark, oh well.)

I'd like to see more depth to these, they seem interesting.

I don't think a the equivalent of a Nightmare Pickaxe should be obtained that early. (Well the same could be said for the Reaver Shark, oh well.)

I'd like to see more depth to these, they seem interesting.
It's weaker than a nighmare pick. It can't break hellstone or dungeon brick

What are your thoughts on the actual suggestion?
well do you know how to put pictures in your posts and also i like the idea but i feel like the guide should first give you a quest in early pre-hardmode about how to get the items and resources for The Wall Of Flesh and armour and weapons to prepare for him. once he gets killed, he will respawn with looking like he just been burned and he will have the same name and give you advice and quests like normal. but he starts selling post-mech weapons and bars but thats after you defeated a mechanical boss.
he should look like this:
upload_2018-5-10_20-14-5.png
. he should walk like he is using Dejins curse but cannot sit down.

well do you know how to put pictures in your posts and also i like the idea but i feel like the guide should first give you a quest in early pre-hardmode about how to get the items and resources for The Wall Of Flesh and armour and weapons to prepare for him. once he gets killed, he will respawn with looking like he just been burned and he will have the same name and give you advice and quests like normal. but he starts selling post-mech weapons and bars but thats after you defeated a mechanical boss.
he should look like this:
View attachment 200228. he should walk like he is using Dejins curse but cannot sit down.
Creepy

Back
Top Bottom