tModLoader TGM1234's Mods

Hey there, do you think it would be possible to make this mod compatible with Terraria Overhaul ?
No clue. I don't know the extent of Overhaul's changes, or what kinds of issues Item Customizer (which I assume you're talking about) would encounter with Overhaul. I may look into it, but don't get your hopes up.

No clue. I don't know the extent of Overhaul's changes, or what kinds of issues Item Customizer (which I assume you're talking about) would encounter with Overhaul. I may look into it, but don't get your hopes up.

Yes I was talking about the Item Customizer, I forgot to mention. Just so you know there aren't any game breaking issues between both, it is just that the dye seems to be ignored when the weapon is out. But thanks a lot anyway !

i've been developing a mod that uses shaderlib to add more dyes(just using the existing dyes with new colors) and i've noticed that shaderlib can't use numbers higher then 1f or negative numbers, whereas the vanilla dyes can, such as skiphs's blood( primary color (-0.5f, -1f, 0f) secondary color (1.5f, 1f, 2.2f)).
is that a limitation or was it not thought of when being made?

Last edited:
i've been developing a mod that uses shaderlib to add more dyes(just using the existing dyes with new colors) and i've noticed that shaderlib can't use numbers higher then 1f or negative numbers, whereas the vanilla dyes can, such as skiphs's blood( primary color (-0.5f, -1f, 0f) secondary color (1.5f, 1f, 2.2f)).
is that a limitation or was it not thought of when being made?
I don't know why vanilla is using these colors, but the reason why it can is because it uses Vector3, not Color, to store those values.
Try making a Color from a Vector3 and see if the color turns out the same.

I don't know why vanilla is using these colors, but the reason why it can is because it uses Vector3, not Color, to store those values.
Try making a Color from a Vector3 and see if the color turns out the same.
it gives an error of cannot convert from vector3 to color.
edit:nvm i got there in the end, thank you very much!

Last edited:
Heya, first of all, gotta say, I absolutely adore your mods! More dye options is always good in my eyes, and being able to rename and dye weapons is just brilliant and I'm honestly amazed such a thing is even possible with Terraria being the way it is.

I have noticed a single compatability mishap, however, in that it seems the Hair Dyes cannot be placed in custom dye slots (or, well, at least the one from the Wing Slot mod) despite all other dyes, including the ones from your other mod, working fine. If I had to guess, it's probably because they're still Hair Dyes and as such not registered as normal dye dyes as well... But, I've not tried modding Terraria before so I can't say for certain. Who knows, it could be on Wing Slot's end, but I figured I'd check here first.

P.S. Thank you so much for making Rainbow Hair Dye for armor a thing. As evidenced by the suggestion linked in my profile, it's always bothered me that there was no "normal" fading rainbow dye for armor, only the Living Rainbow Dye which is distinctly different from every other rainbow shader in the game.
Now I can be the glowy fashion disaster I always dreamed of!

Oh- also before I forget, I don't suppose it would be possible to make the Item Customizer placeable? I figured it would be, given the anvil icon. If anything, it could be differentiated from the normal anvil with a quick color swap or something.

Please make this compatible with terraria overhaul, the weapons with the dyes are still normal when held out, the icon shows that it works, a weapon thrown on the ground is not animated though. Please and thanks

Overhaul is removing the ability to see the dye outside of the player's inventory. Please, I want my flaming arkhalis but I can't live without overhaul. Help?
[doublepost=1525388153,1525387960][/doublepost]Terraria overhaul disables the out-of-player textures. I cant disable it, its just too good of a mod. Thanks!

Overhaul is removing the ability to see the dye outside of the player's inventory. Please, I want my flaming arkhalis but I can't live without overhaul. Help?
[doublepost=1525388153,1525387960][/doublepost]Terraria overhaul disables the out-of-player textures. I cant disable it, its just too good of a mod. Thanks!
If I had to guess, this is likely due to Overhaul adding a similar weapon display feature and custom player rendering that is incompatible with WeaponOut. I'm pretty sure in this case you would need to ask the Overhaul devs to add compatability with either Item Customizer's dye system or WeaponOut's display system. It may end up janky due to the completely changed player rendering but it may be possible to disable Overhaul's weapon rendering in the config file, causing WeaponOut's to take priority, although that really depends on just how compatible they actually are.
...I'm not a coder for either mod, I just figure that is the most likely case.

BEST MOD EVER! SOMETHING I'VE ALWAYS WANTED :eek::eek::passionate:
Unfortunately some items does not change their projectile color (such as last prism, lunar flare, most of magical items and others) but i hope you keep updating this wonderful mod <3 It even dye mod items, that's impressive!

////EDIT: Wait you just showed a working-dyed last prism, something is wrong then o.õ

BEST MOD EVER! SOMETHING I'VE ALWAYS WANTED :eek::eek::passionate:
Unfortunately some items does not change their projectile color (such as last prism, lunar flare, most of magical items and others) but i hope you keep updating this wonderful mod <3 It even dye mod items, that's impressive!

////EDIT: Wait you just showed a working-dyed last prism, something is wrong then o.õ
Not sure what's going on over there because I've tested with a Last Prism and a variety of other projectile weapons. Since this mod can't dye dusts (yet) weapons like the Shadowflame Hex Doll which use dust rather than a texture won't be affected.

As for the Last Prism, maybe you're just not using the right kind of dye; many dyes don't work well with it due to the beam being mostly white.
Try a special dye (like Shifting Sands, Gel, Acid, etc.) - those tend to show up.

PSA about a current bug in ShaderLib (that's probably been with Item Customizer ever since it released): Don't flip gravity; many things (items, projectiles, NPCs) will stop drawing correctly. The cause is currently unknown, though I and Jofairden are working together to try and solve it.

Absolutely love this mod. Would love to see if tiles could be dyeable in the future as well.
I experimented with that once, actually. Never got far with it, so I don't know whether it's actually possible yet, but I have other issues to investigate first before looking into things like that.

Not sure what's going on over there because I've tested with a Last Prism and a variety of other projectile weapons. Since this mod can't dye dusts (yet) weapons like the Shadowflame Hex Doll which use dust rather than a texture won't be affected.

As for the Last Prism, maybe you're just not using the right kind of dye; many dyes don't work well with it due to the beam being mostly white.
Try a special dye (like Shifting Sands, Gel, Acid, etc.) - those tend to show up.

PSA about a current bug in ShaderLib (that's probably been with Item Customizer ever since it released): Don't flip gravity; many things (items, projectiles, NPCs) will stop drawing correctly. The cause is currently unknown, though I and Jofairden are working together to try and solve it.
Yes, i've tested using those dyes on the prism and you are correct about what you said, sorry about the misunderstanding.

Update 2.0.1 released for ShaderLib. This fixes a drawing issue where dropped items, projectiles, and NPCs would fail to draw while in reversed gravity (Gravitation Potion, Gravity Globe).

--- EDIT ---
Hotfix 2.0.2 released for ShaderLib. This simply fixes a drawing setting that caused things to look "blurry" in-game. Now you get those nice, sharp pixels back ;)

Last edited:
Recently I found a bug involving Calamity and Item Customizer that made it so revengeance mode (part of Calamity) was buggy to activate on a multiplayer server and also prevented you from spawning any Calamity bosses on a multiplayer server as well. Everything works fine on singleplayer.

Recently I found a bug involving Calamity and Item Customizer that made it so revengeance mode (part of Calamity) was buggy to activate on a multiplayer server and also prevented you from spawning any Calamity bosses on a multiplayer server as well. Everything works fine on singleplayer.

Im also having a multiplayer problem with summoning bosses across all my mods while Item Customizer is enabled, at first i thought it was Fargo's Mod, but after some testing, it seems everything works as it should when i disable Item Customizer. No problems with Shader Library, and i can confirm that everything works fine in single player as well.

Interesting. Boss summon items used to be completely broken in MP, and the ones from Thorium and Sacred Tools work, so we just assumed it was a problem with specific mods' bosses when it happened on our server.

uh
minor bug, but when using the item customizer, there's a bug that rapidly increases the knockback of any weapon put into the slot
unsure if it's a visual error, or an actual kb increase

Back
Top Bottom