Is there a new Invalid housing bug?

Sssjim7

Terrarian
I just noticed that about half of my houses that used to be good and have NPC's living in them suddenly say "This is not valid housing" when I check them... has something changed recently that would have caused this? Very curious... and weird...

Has the corruption started to spread close to your base? Housing can become invalid if there's too much corruption nearby.

No... the map is still pre-hard mode... I am wondering if there has to be any empty floor space in the room? The ones I have noticed all have chests covering the entire floor (except where the table/work bench and chair are)... the doors have 1 space by them to open...
[doublepost=1526530730,1526530188][/doublepost]Ok... I just went through and emptied a chest in a few rooms and removed it (giving 2 empty floor spaces) and now it says it is valid housing again...

I built this world last year and it has always worked fine... but when I visited it earlier I noticed that about half of my NPC's were missing... now I know why... something changed in the housing requirements and now there has to be some empty floor space apparently...

I guess I will need to either make the rooms larger (currently 10 spaces wide) or only have 2 chests per room...

Maybe it's the way chests work. Since they make the tiles beneath them indestructible, maybe they no longer count as valid space for NPCs to stand at night.

Nothing has changed in the PC version since April 2017.

A screenshot is generally helpful for diagnosing such things.

No... the map is still pre-hard mode... I am wondering if there has to be any empty floor space in the room? The ones I have noticed all have chests covering the entire floor (except where the table/work bench and chair are)... the doors have 1 space by them to open...
[doublepost=1526530730,1526530188][/doublepost]Ok... I just went through and emptied a chest in a few rooms and removed it (giving 2 empty floor spaces) and now it says it is valid housing again...

I built this world last year and it has always worked fine... but when I visited it earlier I noticed that about half of my NPC's were missing... now I know why... something changed in the housing requirements and now there has to be some empty floor space apparently...

I guess I will need to either make the rooms larger (currently 10 spaces wide) or only have 2 chests per room...
is your house 10x long and 7x tall?

Back
Top Bottom