tModLoader Vibrant Reverie (formerly W1K's Mod Redux)

When two people near each others have it equipped, it grants them certain improved stats.

Stats being:
+2 defense
+10% move speed
+5% damage
+10% melee speed
+2% crit
-10% mana cost

It also emits particles when the effects are in place.

The crafting recipe on the wiki is still accurate except you can also use platinum in place of gold.

It works similarly to the stones (Sunstone/Moonstone, Celestial Stone) before the stones were even a thing, but it's substantially weaker and is a multiplayer-only gimmick. It might get through some changes in the future to fix said problems (likely a weaker buff very similar to Celestial stone but roughly the same when two players are nearby? maybe a new gimmick altogether?)
Thank u I honestly didn't know there was another wiki for that mod

Thank u I honestly didn't know there was another wiki for that mod
It's the "old" wiki. We have been moving to gamepedia since it's cleaner, better structured and offers us actual professional support. The original wiki has more pages but it's much more barebone because it was automatically generated by a bot.

Last edited:
#doublepostengaged

This wasn't an update. This was a trip.

VERSION 1.1 IS OUT

DEATH THE DUNGEON MASTER
- Death is no more. All hail Jeohnne Pierre, our great Dungeon Master!
- Death's AI received a massive overhaul and its tier moved from pre-mech to post-golem. I mean Dungeon Master's AI. You get it.
- Dungeon Master's HP changed from 9999 to 66666, defenes changed from 18 to 44.
- Dungeon Master's physical damage changed from 50 to 99, projectile damage changed from 40 to 66.
- Bloody Skull item removed. New summon item craftable from Ectoplasm. Vampire Blood and Souls of Night requirements reduced from 6 to 3.

DEATH'S GEARS
- Death's Scythe completelly reworked to not be just a glorified sword but a fancy and unique chargeable weapon. Death's Scythe recipe simplified to only require Obscure Essences. Material requirement reduced from 40 to 15 to fall in line with other similar recipes. It also has a new sprite (contributed by @Suweeka).
- New chargeable bow with extra piercing on full charge.
- New chargeable spellbook shooting tiny or giant death sickles.
- New generalist armor set granting below average damage to all types but a powerful risk-reward set bonus.

UMBRELLAS AND FAIRIES
- Craftable Suspicious Umbrella to increase global spawn rates, alongside greatly increasing spawn rates of fairies and similar enemies.
- Power Ups can now be used to provide a constant buff when used, consuming Power Ups over time for extra damage.
- New Hotkey to automatically toggle the Power Up buff.
- Koumajou Set renamed to Youkai Hunter, now a throwing-centered armor set providing reduced Power Up costs.
- Rumia's vanity set renamed to Dark Child set, now providing extra defense, damage reduction, blindness and enemy-sense when powered up.
- Forest Fairies
- Ice Fairies
- Underground Fairies (Zombie Fairies)
- Hallowed Fairies (Holy Fairies) (also fancy sword projectile contributed by @puffepuf)
- Evil Fairies (Cursed Fairies)
- UFOs! (kinda placeholdery)
- Youkai Repellent Charm's type changed from magic to throwing. Damage increased from 9 to 12. Now consumes Power Ups as ammo. Can consume extra Power Ups for a special attack.
- Youkai Buster now cosumes Power Ups as ammo and can consume extra Power Ups for a special attack. The type will not be altered for the time being due to the lack of hardmode throwing gears, however it no longer requires mana to be used.
- Recipe requirements adjusted to fit the new Power Up system and drop rates. Dark Child's set recipe changed to now require Shadow Scales/Tissue Samples. Youkai Buster recipe adjusted to require 20 Crystal Shards instead of 50.
- Rumia's spawn chances are affected by the umbrella and base spawn chance was slighly lowered to compensate. Her sprite was also slighly improved (by @Suweeka).

Item Adjustements and Fixes AKA the 'Ivy Plant didn't even spawn' UPDATE
- Increased damage of Sandman from 8 to 10. The baseball now deals full weapon damage instead of half.
- Reworked charge system of Chick Decapitator and Red Wing to allow for prefixes to work properly.
- Reworked spirit system of Yian Blade and Wyvern Blade to allow for prefixes to work properly. Spirit is now used by swinging the blade with alt fire (right click). Spirit is no longer wasted when used but no target was hit, but is now consumed per-target hit.
- Drastically reduced lifetime of Obscure Scythe's projectiles and updated tooltip to specify it only deals half the weapon's damage.
- Reworked charge system of Elemental Piercer to allow for prefixes to work properly.
- Increased knockback of Masamune from 1 to 1.75.
- Increased damage of Papasha from 21 to 23 and spread reduced.
- Increased damage of Heavy Bolter from 27 to 34 and spread reduced.
- Saucer Dicer's alternate fire no longer bounces on platforms and will no longer shoot target dummies.
- The hitbox of miasma now grows slightly bigger as the sprite expands to better fit the new size.
- Fixed Bloodseeker granting life when damaging target dummies and critters.
- Fixed Yian Blade and Wyvern Blade being able to charge spirit from hitting target dummies.
- Fixed Cursed Flower not properly spawning Ivy Plant in multiplayer.
- Okiku Doll's damage tooltip should now be calculated the same as the vanilla damage tooltips. Dolls are now stackable.
- New unique sprite for the Shadow Dragon morph (contributed by @ShockedHorizon5).
- New updated sprite for Magi Musket (contributed by @Eli10293).
- New sprite for Starstorm's projectiles and Soma (contributed by @Suweeka).
- New unique sprites for Dungeon Master, Ivy Plant, Ardorix, Arborix and Aquatix's expert mode bags (contributed by @Suweeka).
- Renamed Thick Gel into Metroid Membrane because it sounds more straight forward and less... weird.
- Renamed Thick Paper into Paper because... not even I know the story behind that one.
- All item prices should now be as intended. Please report overly ridiculous price tags in case I missed anything.
- The recipe for the Jump Pack has been removed as the item is currently not functional.
- The recipe for the Red Bludgeon has been removed since it is currently unobtainable.
- Fixed tooltip for the Space Suit Helmet stating an increase in max health of 8 instead of the intended 5.

NPC Adjustements and Fixes AKA the SLUGGERS UPDATE
- Changed Ivy Plant's HP from 6000 to 8600.
- Changed Ardorix's HP from 6000 to 7600 and physical damage from 25 to 33.
- Changed Arborix's HP from 6000 to 7600 and physical damage from 30 to 33.
- Changed Aquatix's HP from 6000 to 7600.
- Ridley will now scale in expert mode.
- Dark Shogun's Damned Souls will now properly scale in expert mode.
- Dark Dragon's Shadow Dragon will now properly scale in expert mode.
- Changed Ridley's Tail HP from 4000 to 6000 and physical damage from 60 to 56.
- Ridley's Tail is now considered a boss and will scale in expert mode properly.
- Adjusted Slugger's ball trajectory to better accommodate for the effect of gravity. Fear trigonometry now more than ever.
- Sluggers will now only try to shoot when close enough and will now play the appropriate sound when throwing a baseball.
- Sluggers no longer occasionally bail after throwing a baseball. Rude.
- Sluggers will now cancel their ball throw when damaged.
- Slugger's spawn chances and location have been adjusted to better match vanilla zombies.
- Fixed Sluggers bunnyhoping while trying to align their shot. Please understand, they main Scout.
- Fixed Sluggers smuggling in shotguns in multiplayer, once again. Seriously.
- Fixed Ivy Plant triggering rage mode in multiplayer despite being in the underground jungle.
- Fixed Ivy Plant not properly scaling up in expert mode.
- Metroid Larvaes now deal 20 damage instead of 30.
- Vampire Phantoms will now only spawn on the surface layer, as intended.

- Fixed potential major crash preventing mod from being loaded depending on one's load order.

- Slightly tweaked the chargeable weapons logic to prevent Thorium from turning Elemental Piercer into megashark.
- Fixed Shadow Dragon morph's projectiles not taking into account summon damage bonuses from other loaded mods.
- Temporary extra measures were added to the Shadow Dragon morph to prevent/reduce conflicts with NPC prefix/suffix mods.

That's it. Might as well be the biggest changelog in the mod's history.

One huge massive thanks to everyone who contributed, spriters, testers, idea people, and everyone who provided bug reports and feedback.
The biggest thanks of them all to @Suweeka our new active spriter/art director person whatever technical terms, for contributing pretty much every new sprite included that was not specifically mentioned as contributed by someone else. Since that would have made the changelog a fair bit longer. Like seriously.

Also of note, but might not be exactly relevant to most people, the mod's graphic assets are now hidden. Or rather, they can't be extracted from the mod. Since I have received huge contributions and some specifically aimed to be part of my mod and my mod only, I had to take extra measures do avoid undesired circumstances. To put it lightly at least. On the other hand, as the code assets are of my own property, and being a huge fan of the open source, they are still readily available and extractable. Extracteable. Something. I would've never improved as a coder if people didn't let me snoop around their scripts and the least I can do is return the favor and provide the same service for future coders.

In other news, we now also have our own section in the Terraria Mods wiki, because wikia sucks and stuffs. It's still WIP but any contribution to speed up the process would be greatly appreciated. Mostly because I can't. I'm busy working on a mod. I mean, you get it.

Back to mod talk. Next on the grand scheme of things we'll probably explore some potential redesigning of Kut-Ku and Rathalos. We have been trying to cut ties with existing IPs and come up with original contents of our own. Putting that issue aside, Kut-Ku and Rathalos are among the first ever tConfig custom bosses, and while that's a fancy title to hold, they are still a ridiculous sight in an era where custom bosses have achieved an astounding level of complexity.
So yeah, they need to go too.

On the other hand, depending on what we decide to focus on, we might see a totally original and new boss coming up altogether. We have plans, but nothing much can be said without ruining the surprise.

But putting the "what's next" talk aside, feedback. Gimme all your sweet feedback. And criticism. I'll take that too. And play the mod too. That's kinda meant to come in first. Also have fun. That should at least come second. Also maybe join the dedicated Discord server. It's a cool place.

Also bringing this up from last page just for hype (also, it's been improved a lot so it's an outdated preview)

Last edited:
when i tried to spawn the bosses in multiplayer ...it consumes the item and nothing happens. What gives? D=

when i tried to spawn the bosses in multiplayer ...it consumes the item and nothing happens. What gives? D=
Gonna need a bit more context, such as what boss you tried to spawn and whether you are the host. I recently fixed a similar issue and last I checked, all conditional spawners were working just fine but I recall there being some inconsistencies in the past.

Gonna need a bit more context, such as what boss you tried to spawn and whether you are the host. I recently fixed a similar issue and last I checked, all conditional spawners were working just fine but I recall there being some inconsistencies in the past.

Yian Kut-Ku / Golden Feather
Ivy Plant / Cursed Flower
Aquatix / Watery Egg

I only Tested those 3 so far ....Me as Host and other players could not spawn the Bosses
so im gonna assume all of them are effected.

Last edited:
Yian Kut-Ku / Golden Feather
Ivy Plant / Cursed Flower
Aquatix / Watery Egg

I only Tested those 3 so far ....Me as Host and other players could not spawn the Bosses
so im gonna assume all of them are effected.
The feather should be one of those not affected by the previous bug.

How many people are around and what other mods are you running?

The feather should be one of those not affected by the previous bug.

How many people are around and what other mods are you running?

their was only 1 person around me and i even tested it with only me around and the same thing happened.

the following mods were installed

- AlchemistNPC
- AutoTrash
- Better Bard Bits
- Boss Checklist
- Boss Materials Plus
- Colored Damage Types
- Crit Sound Effects
- DNI Equiptment Upgrade
- Enemy Stats Config
- Leveled Mod

Small content update coming right up.

Bunch of fixes and tweaks as usual based on the feedback I've received over the past week or so. Also, we have finally started implementing more to the Slingshot idea, giving somewhat of a kickstart to a new unique category of ranged weapons. Also I was annoyed there's no Vortex rocket launcher so I fixed that. You're welcome.

Version 1.1.1
- New granite tiered slingshot pebbles.
- New King Slime tiered slingshot along with new pinky-based bouncy pebbles.
- New jungle tiered slingshot along with new jungle themed barbed pebbles.
- New launcher weapon crafted from Vortex fragments.
- Hell Fairies! Blame @Suweeka.

- Stone Pebbles recipe adjusted to result into 25 pebbles from a single stone block instead of 10.
- Lowered Wooden Slingshot's projectile speed from 10 to 9. Now has a charge mechanic.
- Sandman's swing speed slightly lowered (from 20 to 22 useTime), it can now be used by just holding down the mouse button, baseball is now thrown with right click and deals twice weapon damage (instead of just weapon damage).
- Youkai Repellent Charm's damage lowered from 12 to 10. Projectile speed lowered from 12 to 10. Projectile now fades over time. Alt fire now has a 2 second cooldown between uses.
- Youkai Hunter Dress' throwing damage damage bonus lowered from 15% to 5%.
- Youkai Hunter Skirt's throwing critical chance removed, replaced with a 5% bonus to throwing damage.
- Improved sprites for Phoenix Talon, Phoenix Breath, Elemental Chakram and Elemental Piercer (contributed by @Suweeka)
- Shadow Dragon Morph adjusted to revert multiplayer sync to what it was before version 1.1, with an alternative code to still ensure the damage is calculated properly.
- Added missing tooltips to the Youkai Hunter set pieces.
- Fixed Dread turning Unholy Arrows into Chlorophyte Arrows on full charge (yes this was unintended).

- Zombie Fairy's defense reduced from 15 to 10, coin drops reduced from 2s to 1s 50c, spawn chance while the Umbrella is being carried has been very slightly increased.
- Metroid Larvaes will now more consistently attach to the player's head on hit rather than proximity.
- Increased Kut-Ku's, Rathalos', Ridley's and Dungeon Master's boss drop amount from 20-35 to 30-45 to guarantee at least one full armor set worth of materials.
- Restored Dungeon Master's Disintegrate spell. We all know dungeon masters are allergic to transmutation.
- Slighly adjusted Aquatix's Swirl particles in an attempt to slightly improve visibility.
- Fixed Vampire Phantoms not resetting their fireballs timer upon being damaged.

- Fixed Okiku's entry on boss checklist to list the correct crafting materials.

#doublepostengaged

This wasn't an update. This was a trip.

VERSION 1.1 IS OUT

DEATH THE DUNGEON MASTER
- Death is no more. All hail Jeohnne Pierre, our great Dungeon Master!
- Death's AI received a massive overhaul and its tier moved from pre-mech to post-golem. I mean Dungeon Master's AI. You get it.
- Dungeon Master's HP changed from 9999 to 66666, defenes changed from 18 to 44.
- Dungeon Master's physical damage changed from 50 to 99, projectile damage changed from 40 to 66.
- Bloody Skull item removed. New summon item craftable from Ectoplasm. Vampire Blood and Souls of Night requirements reduced from 6 to 3.

DEATH'S GEARS
- Death's Scythe completelly reworked to not be just a glorified sword but a fancy and unique chargeable weapon. Death's Scythe recipe simplified to only require Obscure Essences. Material requirement reduced from 40 to 15 to fall in line with other similar recipes. It also has a new sprite (contributed by @Suweeka).
- New chargeable bow with extra piercing on full charge.
- New chargeable spellbook shooting tiny or giant death sickles.
- New generalist armor set granting below average damage to all types but a powerful risk-reward set bonus.

UMBRELLAS AND FAIRIES
- Craftable Suspicious Umbrella to increase global spawn rates, alongside greatly increasing spawn rates of fairies and similar enemies.
- Power Ups can now be used to provide a constant buff when used, consuming Power Ups over time for extra damage.
- New Hotkey to automatically toggle the Power Up buff.
- Koumajou Set renamed to Youkai Hunter, now a throwing-centered armor set providing reduced Power Up costs.
- Rumia's vanity set renamed to Dark Child set, now providing extra defense, damage reduction, blindness and enemy-sense when powered up.
- Forest Fairies
- Ice Fairies
- Underground Fairies (Zombie Fairies)
- Hallowed Fairies (Holy Fairies) (also fancy sword projectile contributed by @puffepuf)
- Evil Fairies (Cursed Fairies)
- UFOs! (kinda placeholdery)
- Youkai Repellent Charm's type changed from magic to throwing. Damage increased from 9 to 12. Now consumes Power Ups as ammo. Can consume extra Power Ups for a special attack.
- Youkai Buster now cosumes Power Ups as ammo and can consume extra Power Ups for a special attack. The type will not be altered for the time being due to the lack of hardmode throwing gears, however it no longer requires mana to be used.
- Recipe requirements adjusted to fit the new Power Up system and drop rates. Dark Child's set recipe changed to now require Shadow Scales/Tissue Samples. Youkai Buster recipe adjusted to require 20 Crystal Shards instead of 50.
- Rumia's spawn chances are affected by the umbrella and base spawn chance was slighly lowered to compensate. Her sprite was also slighly improved (by @Suweeka).

Item Adjustements and Fixes AKA the 'Ivy Plant didn't even spawn' UPDATE
- Increased damage of Sandman from 8 to 10. The baseball now deals full weapon damage instead of half.
- Reworked charge system of Chick Decapitator and Red Wing to allow for prefixes to work properly.
- Reworked spirit system of Yian Blade and Wyvern Blade to allow for prefixes to work properly. Spirit is now used by swinging the blade with alt fire (right click). Spirit is no longer wasted when used but no target was hit, but is now consumed per-target hit.
- Drastically reduced lifetime of Obscure Scythe's projectiles and updated tooltip to specify it only deals half the weapon's damage.
- Reworked charge system of Elemental Piercer to allow for prefixes to work properly.
- Increased knockback of Masamune from 1 to 1.75.
- Increased damage of Papasha from 21 to 23 and spread reduced.
- Increased damage of Heavy Bolter from 27 to 34 and spread reduced.
- Saucer Dicer's alternate fire no longer bounces on platforms and will no longer shoot target dummies.
- The hitbox of miasma now grows slightly bigger as the sprite expands to better fit the new size.
- Fixed Bloodseeker granting life when damaging target dummies and critters.
- Fixed Yian Blade and Wyvern Blade being able to charge spirit from hitting target dummies.
- Fixed Cursed Flower not properly spawning Ivy Plant in multiplayer.
- Okiku Doll's damage tooltip should now be calculated the same as the vanilla damage tooltips. Dolls are now stackable.
- New unique sprite for the Shadow Dragon morph (contributed by @ShockedHorizon5).
- New updated sprite for Magi Musket (contributed by @Eli10293).
- New sprite for Starstorm's projectiles and Soma (contributed by @Suweeka).
- New unique sprites for Dungeon Master, Ivy Plant, Ardorix, Arborix and Aquatix's expert mode bags (contributed by @Suweeka).
- Renamed Thick Gel into Metroid Membrane because it sounds more straight forward and less... weird.
- Renamed Thick Paper into Paper because... not even I know the story behind that one.
- All item prices should now be as intended. Please report overly ridiculous price tags in case I missed anything.
- The recipe for the Jump Pack has been removed as the item is currently not functional.
- The recipe for the Red Bludgeon has been removed since it is currently unobtainable.
- Fixed tooltip for the Space Suit Helmet stating an increase in max health of 8 instead of the intended 5.

NPC Adjustements and Fixes AKA the SLUGGERS UPDATE
- Changed Ivy Plant's HP from 6000 to 8600.
- Changed Ardorix's HP from 6000 to 7600 and physical damage from 25 to 33.
- Changed Arborix's HP from 6000 to 7600 and physical damage from 30 to 33.
- Changed Aquatix's HP from 6000 to 7600.
- Ridley will now scale in expert mode.
- Dark Shogun's Damned Souls will now properly scale in expert mode.
- Dark Dragon's Shadow Dragon will now properly scale in expert mode.
- Changed Ridley's Tail HP from 4000 to 6000 and physical damage from 60 to 56.
- Ridley's Tail is now considered a boss and will scale in expert mode properly.
- Adjusted Slugger's ball trajectory to better accommodate for the effect of gravity. Fear trigonometry now more than ever.
- Sluggers will now only try to shoot when close enough and will now play the appropriate sound when throwing a baseball.
- Sluggers no longer occasionally bail after throwing a baseball. Rude.
- Sluggers will now cancel their ball throw when damaged.
- Slugger's spawn chances and location have been adjusted to better match vanilla zombies.
- Fixed Sluggers bunnyhoping while trying to align their shot. Please understand, they main Scout.
- Fixed Sluggers smuggling in shotguns in multiplayer, once again. Seriously.
- Fixed Ivy Plant triggering rage mode in multiplayer despite being in the underground jungle.
- Fixed Ivy Plant not properly scaling up in expert mode.
- Metroid Larvaes now deal 20 damage instead of 30.
- Vampire Phantoms will now only spawn on the surface layer, as intended.

- Fixed potential major crash preventing mod from being loaded depending on one's load order.

- Slightly tweaked the chargeable weapons logic to prevent Thorium from turning Elemental Piercer into megashark.
- Fixed Shadow Dragon morph's projectiles not taking into account summon damage bonuses from other loaded mods.
- Temporary extra measures were added to the Shadow Dragon morph to prevent/reduce conflicts with NPC prefix/suffix mods.

That's it. Might as well be the biggest changelog in the mod's history.

One huge massive thanks to everyone who contributed, spriters, testers, idea people, and everyone who provided bug reports and feedback.
The biggest thanks of them all to @Suweeka our new active spriter/art director person whatever technical terms, for contributing pretty much every new sprite included that was not specifically mentioned as contributed by someone else. Since that would have made the changelog a fair bit longer. Like seriously.

Also of note, but might not be exactly relevant to most people, the mod's graphic assets are now hidden. Or rather, they can't be extracted from the mod. Since I have received huge contributions and some specifically aimed to be part of my mod and my mod only, I had to take extra measures do avoid undesired circumstances. To put it lightly at least. On the other hand, as the code assets are of my own property, and being a huge fan of the open source, they are still readily available and extractable. Extracteable. Something. I would've never improved as a coder if people didn't let me snoop around their scripts and the least I can do is return the favor and provide the same service for future coders.

In other news, we now also have our own section in the Terraria Mods wiki, because wikia sucks and stuffs. It's still WIP but any contribution to speed up the process would be greatly appreciated. Mostly because I can't. I'm busy working on a mod. I mean, you get it.

Back to mod talk. Next on the grand scheme of things we'll probably explore some potential redesigning of Kut-Ku and Rathalos. We have been trying to cut ties with existing IPs and come up with original contents of our own. Putting that issue aside, Kut-Ku and Rathalos are among the first ever tConfig custom bosses, and while that's a fancy title to hold, they are still a ridiculous sight in an era where custom bosses have achieved an astounding level of complexity.
So yeah, they need to go too.

On the other hand, depending on what we decide to focus on, we might see a totally original and new boss coming up altogether. We have plans, but nothing much can be said without ruining the surprise.

But putting the "what's next" talk aside, feedback. Gimme all your sweet feedback. And criticism. I'll take that too. And play the mod too. That's kinda meant to come in first. Also have fun. That should at least come second. Also maybe join the dedicated Discord server. It's a cool place.

Also bringing this up from last page just for hype (also, it's been improved a lot so it's an outdated preview)
ooo, that's nice update

I seem to be having an issue with the Shadow Dragon morph, Most of the time when I activate it the body essentially gets a worm AI and just tunnels the ground around me and I'm only controlling a floating head
pLhkc7Q.jpg

I seem to be having an issue with the Shadow Dragon morph, Most of the time when I activate it the body essentially gets a worm AI and just tunnels the ground around me and I'm only controlling a floating head
pLhkc7Q.jpg
That is a known issue, but I am not sure of what's causing it. It seems to happen consistently and not by complete random chance after the world is loaded. Fixing it is usually just a matter of reloading. I will look into it once I have the chance, the dragon uses a very old custom worm AI.

the moment I became a dragon this mod blew my mind... and I had an amazing idea: What if Betsy's mask let me become Betsy? That would be so awsome!!!

the moment I became a dragon this mod blew my mind... and I had an amazing idea: What if Betsy's mask let me become Betsy? That would be so awsome!!!
Yep, just one of the many possibilities. And it's going to be even better once I release the reworked dragon. Speaking of which.

Hey, has this mod Boss Checklist support?
I know you've already got your answer on discord, but for future reference, yes. As far as compatibilities go, I also made sure the mod is compatible with Thorium. I will eventually mention these on the OP once I decide to get to it and tidy it up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom