Terraria: Otherworld This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled

Well I'm pretty sure they have other ideas which is not publicly shared. Also I'm glad about terraria's development still going on. I still playing terraria and not even bored yet.

It's a sad day for the terraria community...
But to be honest, as soon as we haven't heard about terraria otherworld in a while, I knew this day would come...

Gotta love Google translate.
It certainly makes for entertaining reading.
Believe me or not, your mockery making this as a joke would be on yourself as well. I wasn't joking a cruse had move on the game, I was never wrong about my theory where the game headed, I warn the DE the about uncheck up with the game or update about it and tell the people that they are making progress, but kept this under the carpet too low and too many time as their determination is low. Don't push it when I did not lie about the other company will turn the game the fan hate the most.

At this time being time got shorten, pick your chose DE or should I say loki, how long you will ignore when I pointed out the chaos roam in your front door, the fact that there is doubt in your front door and you doubt yourself of your abilities. I tell you pray for one time and ask him for small miracles and keep doing this every day then there will be at lest shiny glimmering hope that you will have hope once more. That I do not know the man will do, either he will give or not it all depend your desire is.

Last edited:
Wow really saddening to hear this. I had really high hopes for TOW and to hear its cancelled really stinks.
I am excited for Terraria 1.3.6 but honestly not that excited. I feel like its just gonna be more stuff I don't really care all that much for.
I want new mobs, bosses, npcs, weapons, armor, and accessories not "Rebalances, Tweaks and Polishes."

Like I don't need any of that. Sure I can go download a mod and have a bunch of that stuff but 90% of the time that "stuff" is just better and stronger and not balanced.
But ok fine. If this is needed for terraria sure go for it ill wait for the next update to add this stuff. O WAIT
1.4 "Creative Mode."

And yes I know these are just the "high lights" but if these are the high lights then its most likely that stuff like npcs, mobs, etc will just be small little things nothing major.

Assumingly 1.4 will have more then just creative mode but honestly I dont even think creative mode is even needed in this game. Minecraft is different because of many reasons but terraria it really isnt that difficult to get blocks. AND someone already made an editor so you can get 999 blocks of w/e.

But seriously I just want more from terraria now that TOW is cancelled. Maybe a trip to the moon? New ores, enemys, bosses, etc. (I mean I assume the npcs of the moon would be really pissed that there lord has died.

Do something like minecraft did and instead of a nether/end portal its some other kind of portal allowing us to have a brand new experiences.

Believe me or not, your mockery making this as a joke would be on yourself as well. I wasn't joking a cruse had move on the game, I was never wrong about my theory where the game headed, I warn the DE the about uncheck up with the game or update about it and tell the people that they are making progress, but kept this under the carpet too low and too many time as their determination is low. Don't push it when I did not lie about the other company will turn the game the fan hate the most.

At this time being time got shorten, pick your chose DE or should I say loki, how long you will ignore when I pointed out the chaos roam in your front door, the fact that there is doubt in your front door and you doubt yourself of your abilities. I tell you pray for one time and ask him for small miracles and keep doing this every day then there will be at lest shiny glimmering hope that you will have hope once more. That I do not know the man will do, either he will give or not it all depend your desire is.

Does any of it matter anymore?
It's over.
The game is cancelled.
Pointing fingers, trying to lay blame on this person or that company is pointless, as is attempting to say "I told you so."
Nobody cares if someone predicted this situation.
It's not even a situation anymore.
The teams have moved on and Otherworld is just a word now. It never really existed and now it never will.
People should divert their energies into other, more productive directions.

Perhaps now Terraria (vanilla) can get a bit more attention, and then we might end up with even cooler and more awesome updates ;)
If not ten at least a lot of frequent small updates! I see the loss of Otherworld as a lesson which has taught RE-LOGIC a lot of things,
and perhaps now they can use that knowledge and apply it to the better side of Terraria.

This means... Shall updates be coming to console sooner now?

More likely it'll mean more people working on getting Switch and mobile updated to 1.3, then they start working on future updates. Once they get all the console 1.3 bug fixes out, anyway

Just stop, dude. You trying to sound all smart and going all like “I was right, stupid” isn’t really gonna cut it here. They learned their lesson so just leave it at that. They aren’t going to stop development of an entire game based on one guy’s opinion. What would you do if someone was just like “Dude, this game isn’t going to go anywhere” and you were part of the development team? You would keep going. This is what experimentation is for, my dude.
[doublepost=1527430733,1527430612][/doublepost]
More likely it'll mean more people working on getting Switch and mobile updated to 1.3, then they start working on future updates. Once they get all the console 1.3 bug fixes out, anyway
Yea, u probs right

All of that metaphorical talk gets completely ruined by your terrible grammar lmao. Listen, the game is dead, no one cares about your predictions. As far as I can tell, you're not a part of the Terraria:OW Developement team so stop pretending like you're the real :red: who knows everything about "the company". Foreal, dude.

Huh. Depressing news to come back to, but I appreciate how candid the team has been about it. I do look forward to seeing Otherworld concepts in Terraria and its future titles, and I'm glad lessons were birthed from mistakes.

Just stop, dude. You trying to sound all smart and going all like “I was right, stupid” isn’t really gonna cut it here. They learned their lesson so just leave it at that. They aren’t going to stop development of an entire game based on one guy’s opinion. What would you do if someone was just like “Dude, this game isn’t going to go anywhere” and you were part of the development team? You would keep going. This is what experimentation is for, my dude.
[doublepost=1527430733,1527430612][/doublepost]
Yea, u probs right
it doesn't mean I was wrong. trust or not, I know where this is going already.
All of that metaphorical talk gets completely ruined by your terrible grammar lmao. Listen, the game is dead, no one cares about your predictions. As far as I can tell, you're not a part of the Terraria:OW Developement team so stop pretending like you're the real :red: who knows everything about "the company". Foreal, dude.
I didn't say I am DE, I already know what is going on even thou I am not among the group. They are working, but the time is against them like an endless tides pushing against peppbles of stones small parables talk, but you won't get it what I meant by. Time is pushing harder and this time the clock is ticking faster and pushing other busniess people are settling in buying the company as I said this company is the little fish and larger company is going replace small ones for they are the shark and spies/big company's seeker will look for small company who having their performance losing their touch for that is the wound and when the big company know that small fail they will launge or go after this company.

I said best way patch things up quickly is better have other smaller people like the modder from steam communties which checking amount of fans, people who mod the game is right amount but not enough, nexus mods if they are willing pitch in they can be sowing needle to that wound which they will cover up unfix spots in the game. The fact they do it volenteerly is because they wanted to be remembered.

I am not wrong about my predictions and I did warn them to ask for help from the communties and best optional chose be open pre-beta, then they didn't which it would of solve bug issue solved and built in quick program and adjustment to the game.

As I am not talking about the game, they said they will try revied the game later, but now they just leaving it dead on that hallway. The fact this hurted the modator and other part Team of Development which this bring down moral and this will draw in discussion which it will become private chat between them.

Fact that accuse me grammar, how about I don't care. The fact you reply to me and answer me you understood what I said.

Last edited:
it doesn't mean I was wrong. trust or not, I know where this is going already.

I didn't say I am DE, I already know what is going on even thou I am not among the group. They are working, but the time is against them like an endless tides pushing against peppbles of stones small parables talk, but you won't get it what I meant by. Time is pushing harder and this time the clock is ticking faster and pushing other busniess people are settling in buying the company as I said this company is the little fish and larger company is going replace small ones for they are the shark and spies/big company's seeker will look for small company who having their performance losing their touch for that is the wound and when the big company know that small fail they will launge or go after this company.

I said best way patch things up quickly is better have other smaller people like the modder from steam communties which checking amount of fans, people who mod the game is right amount but not enough, nexus mods if they are willing pitch in they can be sowing needle to that wound which they will cover up unfix spots in the game. The fact they do it volenteerly is because they wanted to be remembered.

I am not wrong about my predictions and I did warn them to ask for help from the communties and best optional chose be open pre-beta, then they didn't which it would of solve bug issue solved and built in quick program and adjustment to the game.

As I am not talking about the game, they said they will try revied the game later, but now they just leaving it dead on that hallway. The fact this hurted the modator and other part Team of Development which this bring down moral and this will draw in discussion which it will become private chat between them.

Fact that accuse me grammar, how about I don't care. The fact you reply to me and answer me you understood what I said.

I don't think it was your grammar or lack thereof that caused Re-Logic, Pipeworks, Engine Software or anyone else involved in the development of T:OW to avoid replying to your "suggestions/Solutions".

I think it was your attitude combined with your alarmist messages.

You try to make out that you understand the games industry, but your posts illustrate perfectly that you don't.

You put yourself on a pedestal above even the members of the three companies involved in the development process, stating that they are constantly making grave errors of judgement and are all doomed to failure and possible closure or takeover by other companies.

You talk about amateurs fixing problems that even seasoned industry professionals could not fix.

You say that morale among the developers has suffered, but show no proof for this or any of your statements.

You say that an answer here shows understanding.

You provide no facts for any of your predictions/statements/guesses nor do you show that you could provide them if required.

The only solid fact is that you have no grasp on the reality of game development, you love making wild, unsubstantiated "assertions" and you feel somehow superior to just about everyone.

This reply does not in any way validate anything you have said.

While I am disappointed to see that T:OW is cancelled, I'm excited to see how the concepts that were originally there will be used in other games.

Also, maybe someone can mod a lot of T:OW's premise into Terraria itself, haha. Or a map.

I can't say I'm surprised all things considered, but... ugh. I've been looking forward to this for years. it was shown so long ago and back then it looked great! i can only imagine how much better it got. maybe put it on the shelf at least? it could come back, and honestly guys, stop being so hard on yourself. This already had quality! you were doing great! even if it wasn't finished, don't sell yourself short

I was hoping for this as well. I'd like to see what they had patched into the current Terraria if possible. Maybe have a short transition after Moon lord, then everything changes to "Otherworld" format with different boss mechanics?

Good Day, Terrarians-

We wanted to take a few moments to share some important news with you all in regards to the status of Terraria: Otherworld.

As you all know from when we first announced the game a long while ago – and as we repeated in our subsequent posts - Re-Logic’s focus has and always will be on delivering complete and quality game experiences to our fanbase. Just to underscore it once more, this means that we will not compromise game quality for speed to market or for any other reasons within our control. Our team has a clear vision for this game – one that we shared with all of you with much shared excitement – and, in spite of all of our efforts, the current state of the game remains equal parts far from that vision and beyond behind schedule from our initial planning when we shared Otherworld with all of you three years ago. Progress has absolutely been made during that time – but unfortunately, a very thorough status review of the game versus its intended design showed both the Re-Logic and 505/Pipeworks teams that things were quite a bit further away from the finish line than we had imagined. Taking the massive amount of work that would be remaining to complete along with the extensive time it would take to get that done, and how that would greatly interfere with the pursuit of other projects on behalf of Re-Logic – it becomes clear that this leaves things in a very undesirable state.

As a result, we have made the decision to terminate development of Terraria: Otherworld.

We sincerely thank both of our external development teams for their hard work on the game, but at some point, we have to be honest with ourselves and realize that Otherworld simply is never going to reach its potential in any sort of reasonable time or fashion.

We know that the cancellation of Terraria: Otherworld will not be happy news to anyone. It is FAR from a happy moment for us either, when we look at all the time/effort/resources that we poured into the project. However, we feel strongly that we owe it to our community and loyal customers to uphold the standards that both you and we expect and to focus on delivering the best possible games that we can for you all to play. Come whatever may, quality is simply not something we are willing to compromise on to make a quick buck. It may be painful in the short term, but our sincere hope is that it will pay off for everyone in the long term in regard to our future games. T:OW will never come to pass, but its lessons learned and ideas generated will absolutely yield dividends for everyone.

index.php

So, what now? Next Steps for Re-Logic & Lessons Learned

• In hindsight, it goes without saying that we never should have spoken publicly about this game as early-on as we did. We will fully own that error in judgement. Moving forward, we will be far more judicious about only sharing information on projects in which we are fully confident in regards to timing, etc. We can only apologize for all of the emotional rollercoaster this caused.

• Trying to outsource development of such a critical title for our company – even if just in part – was not the way to go. Moving ahead, our focus for the core development of new/future titles will be more inward and will seek to utilize our own people. We will share more information there just as soon as we have it.

• Re-Logic has possession of the game (design, code, art, sounds, etc.) as it exists today, and there are still a ton of amazing ideas under the hood here – many of which have never been publicly shared. These are ideas that we have not and will not forget and that you will very likely see implemented in our future titles.

• Active development of Terraria continues - 1.3.6 is still very much in active development. We know that we have not shared a lot in the way of spoilers there – but rest assured that the team has been working tirelessly on our next PC wave.

• This keeps our partners at 505/Pipeworks wholly focused on Console/Mobile/Switch – and there is still a TON to get done there, so that should be good.

index.php

Thanks so much to you all for your amazing support of Terraria, Terraria: Otherworld, and our company. It is that support that drives us every day to do amazing things for you and we look forward to sharing more of what is to come very soon.

We are sure that you have a ton of questions, and we will answer what we can – but we will not delve into some areas out of either respect or confidence or the unknown. So we will ask your patience and forgiveness in advance there. Thanks!
So it’s gone forever so we might as well forget it?

Back
Top Bottom