All Data Character and Worlds Deleted

Reifujin

Terrarian
I'm tired of getting the run around from ReLogic... I purchased Terraria through the Steam platform for my PC.... all data stored by Steam is still intact.. the hours the achievements the dates I played all of it ... yet when I open up the game everything I had ever created is gone... if I tap the Achievements within the game it does show me all my achievements... it's common sense that all the data that was lost is data stored ONLY on the Terraria server.. I want that data restored I want my character back and ONLY RE LOGIC can restore it why wont ReLogic just restore my data?

There is no such thing as a 'Terraria server' housing saves. Save files are saved either locally or on the Steam cloud if you explicitly choose to.

Check Documents/My Games/Terraria to see if there are any saves there at all. If there are, it might be a corruption issue.

There is no such thing as a 'Terraria server' housing saves. Save files are saved either locally or on the Steam cloud if you explicitly choose to.

Check Documents/My Games/Terraria to see if there are any saves there at all. If there are, it might be a corruption issue.
Okay so Steam says it's Terraria and you say it's Steam.... I've gotten new PCs a few times and never was the data lost before... so why now on a computer that used to have the data is the data lost? This is probably why there are so many complaints about gaming consoles such as Steam when data is lost the console blames the company the company blames the console so basicly I will never get this data back?

Okay so Steam says it's Terraria and you say it's Steam.... I've gotten new PCs a few times and never was the data lost before... so why now on a computer that used to have the data is the data lost? This is probably why there are so many complaints about gaming consoles such as Steam when data is lost the console blames the company the company blames the console so basicly I will never get this data back?
I'm saying it's Steam only if you used cloud saving, which is something you have to manually do.

In any other case, save files are saved locally in Documents/My Games/Terraria. If you played Terraria on a computer, those save files are on that computer and that computer only. If you want to play on a different computer, you will have to manually migrate your save files.

Thanks for responding but I am on the same computer and I had no clue about the steam cloud thing so it was never active ... the data was lost and I guess I can eat :red: on it. It's sad when you are forced to game online and the game doesn't save your progress and you have to buy a usb to constantly save data so your progress isn't lost when you need to buy a new system and even on a system that once had the data somehow it got lost. Time to go back to WoW it seems to be the only game in all my years of gaming that never had issues like this even when I was hacked they were able to restore everything .... I have now learned never to place money into a worthless game on a worthless online console on the internet. I do like Terraria and now I have a USB that I can save it's data on for when it's a new system or when something like whatever just happened happens again. Much appreciated for the knowledge. ^_^

You may find your character in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\*STEAM ACCOUNT NUMBER*\105600\remote. The steam account number can be anything so you'll need to browse there manually and just click whatever random number folder you see there.

You can also check the recycling bin, sometimes files get put there. Otherwise check \Documents\My games\Terraria and visit the players and world folders to see if you have any .bak files which can sometimes be used to recover your data.

You can recreate a character using a Save editor as well to restore your character in the event it's not in any of the locations previously stated. An online web based version that I like to send people to is called http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/ you can recreate your character and add all the items you lost. If you need further instructions on how to use it let me know.

You may find your character in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\*STEAM ACCOUNT NUMBER*\105600\remote. The steam account number can be anything so you'll need to browse there manually and just click whatever random number folder you see there.

You can also check the recycling bin, sometimes files get put there. Otherwise check \Documents\My games\Terraria and visit the players and world folders to see if you have any .bak files which can sometimes be used to recover your data.

You can recreate a character using a Save editor as well to restore your character in the event it's not in any of the locations previously stated. An online web based version that I like to send people to is called http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/ you can recreate your character and add all the items you lost. If you need further instructions on how to use it let me know.

Well it went deeper than that all the information is lost along with so much more... this was an issue caused by Windows Fall Creator Update that I had to have Windows Support actually remotely install it wiped all my documents and all the content in it along with several pictures and a video I can never replace... so even though it didn't wipe my programs it wiped My Documents and I spent today chatting with them and finding several more folders that were wiped... but I guess with the Fall Creator Update a windows.old is not created so its all gone... I got so heated at the wrong source this wasn't a Steam or a Re Logic issue it was caused by Windows who along with Steam and Re Logic shrugged their shoulders at me and said oh well nothing they can do.... such is life in the digital world soon people will be able to be erased via the internet :p

I've recreated and started from scratch I'm just going to roll with that.... it's less of a hassle than trying to remember everything she had from all the stars / hearts to the mounts to the weapons and the armor... A new beginning isn't the worst thing I suppose , I am just absolutely disappointed in all the work I put in to have it lost. But thanks to finding this site and reaching out I now have a USB devoted to Terraria :p <3 Thanks so much.

I was playing last night and my internet turned off whilst I was playing singleplayer, so it didn't affect me (or so I thought). I log on this morning to find my main that was about to fight moonlord has been corrupted or so I'm let to assume. Before I opened terraria it told me that I had to reinstall it, I'm really frustrated and if anyone can give me help that would be great.

You should be able to reinstall and have it not affect your data since an uninstallation wont touch the save folder. If you are worried though you can backup the world and player folders at \Documents\My Games\Terraria by copying them to a different location like your desktop. Then transferring them back after the reinstall.

Once you have reinstalled if you don't see your characters or worlds in game then read the first post I made in this thread to see if it helps you out.

Alright so I have no clue what the issue is, ive found my files in the recycling bin following a steam update, all of my saves were on steam cloud, I went and checked on terraria and only 3 of my characters are fully restored and one of my worlds in halfway through building other than that the character exist but all their armor and equipables are gone along with any health upgrades and all my worlds have been restored to original state aside from the one I mentioned, I also have tmodloader and im experiencing the same with that...

Alright so I have no clue what the issue is, ive found my files in the recycling bin following a steam update, all of my saves were on steam cloud, I went and checked on terraria and only 3 of my characters are fully restored and one of my worlds in halfway through building other than that the character exist but all their armor and equipables are gone along with any health upgrades and all my worlds have been restored to original state aside from the one I mentioned, I also have tmodloader and im experiencing the same with that...
by original state I mean the world has been reset

in ios 13 it said i cant download it but at last found a way to download it, but after deleteing the app and download it ny account and all data disapear, i also save it in my cloud but i dont see a file i files.

Back
Top Bottom