Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now I can't even play the game AT ALL because this keeps happening:
35142974_10215148902528576_3813419204904747008_o.jpg

Every time I open the game it prompts me with the user agreement, before showing this screen again and again. It keeps showing the achievements in game, which causes it to show this screen. Every slight movement causes it to show this screen, including re-favouriting my maps and characters, as it's forgotten them all. I've even tried resetting the default settings on my PS4, but that did nothing.

How can Pipeworks get so much wrong? How are they still in business with such a spectacular failure on their hands? And I see in the home page that they're pottering about with a mobile update instead of fixing the piping hot mess that they unleashed on us. I've got very little time to myself and I've spent a lot of it playing this game, only to find out that it's probably all been for nothing. @ClearConscious any ideas on what I can do? Or are you going to stay as silent as ever?

Every slight movement causes it to show this screen,
Movement of what? The console? Since I don't own a PS4 I don't know it's quirks very well, but this sounds to me like an impending harddrive failure.
I recommend making backups of everything that you care about to a fresh USB Memory (if you have older backups already, I recommend you keep them in case the files has already gotten corrupted.)

Sorry to hear about your troubles. :(

So now I can't even play the game AT ALL because this keeps happening:
35142974_10215148902528576_3813419204904747008_o.jpg

Every time I open the game it prompts me with the user agreement, before showing this screen again and again. It keeps showing the achievements in game, which causes it to show this screen. Every slight movement causes it to show this screen, including re-favouriting my maps and characters, as it's forgotten them all. I've even tried resetting the default settings on my PS4, but that did nothing.

How can Pipeworks get so much wrong? How are they still in business with such a spectacular failure on their hands? And I see in the home page that they're pottering about with a mobile update instead of fixing the piping hot mess that they unleashed on us. I've got very little time to myself and I've spent a lot of it playing this game, only to find out that it's probably all been for nothing. @ClearConscious any ideas on what I can do? Or are you going to stay as silent as ever?

Have you submitted a bug report?

@Shadowhawk141, I've heard from another member that they think the map on the most recently played single player world gets reset after joining a splitscreen multiplayer game and the host saves & quits before the non-host leaves.

Example:
Player A uses Character A and plays for a bit on a single player world. Player B hosts a multiplayer splitscreen world and Player A joins using Character A. Player B quits and saves the world before Player A leaves the world. Whatever single player world Character A was last on has had the map reset. I am not sure if closing the game and reopening before joining the splitscreen world makes a difference.

See if you encounter the same thing. And if so, then a workaround may be to have the character you'll be using enter into a single player world that you don't care if the map gets reset before joining a splitscreen world.

I'm not sure if what your saying is true because I use two different characters for my two worlds.
One world is my personal single player, the other is the world my son and I play in splitscreen, I always select singleplayer in the menu.
Last couple days we have only been playing in our splitscreen world and every time we start the map is completely reset.
When we stop playing we both go to our spawn points and I choose save and exit.

@ClearConscious I've just found this:
35066229_10215154109738753_7101495735492804608_o.jpg

Luckily it's not the world I've spent 6 months perfecting, but I don't know which file it is/was. This all happened after a close-application crash (CAC from here on). These freezes and crashes almost always happen after the cavern ice glitch; it seems to be a "gateway bug", and I was about to start testing whether it's just the standard cavern ice background that's causing it, or whether its corrupt/hallow variants are also causing it, but now I can't even open the game I can't.

I've also just found that the corrupted file is 8.43MB the same size as all player and map files, but again, I don't know which one.

What would happen if I do the following?:
  1. upload everything onto a USB,
  2. go onto PC and delete the corrupted file,
  3. download the data back onto PS4,
  4. start the application

Last edited:
@ClearConscious I've just found this:
35066229_10215154109738753_7101495735492804608_o.jpg

Luckily it's not the world I've spent 6 months perfecting, but I don't know which file it is/was. This all happened after a close-application crash (CAC from here on). These freezes and crashes almost always happen after the cavern ice glitch; it seems to be a "gateway bug", and I was about to start testing whether it's just the standard cavern ice background that's causing it, or whether its corrupt/hallow variants are also causing it, but now I can't even open the game I can't.

I've also just found that the corrupted file is 8.43MB the same size as all player and map files, but again, I don't know which one.

What would happen if I do the following?:
  1. upload everything onto a USB,
  2. go onto PC and delete the corrupted file,
  3. download the data back onto PS4,
  4. start the application

Sending you a PM.

@Loki @ClearConscious

The corrupted file seems to be the one with my user history, such as volume settings, preferences, achievements etc. When I tried pressing "upload all" on the PS4, it uploaded it but then failed because of the corrupted file. I then used the one-by-one option and uploaded everything but the corrupted file.

My question is this: If I now delete everything Terraria-based from the PS4 and re-install it, should that fix the issue?

@Loki @ClearConscious

The corrupted file seems to be the one with my user history, such as volume settings, preferences, achievements etc. When I tried pressing "upload all" on the PS4, it uploaded it but then failed because of the corrupted file. I then used the one-by-one option and uploaded everything but the corrupted file.

My question is this: If I now delete everything Terraria-based from the PS4 and re-install it, should that fix the issue?

I think CC is trying to get ahold of those files for seeing if there is or could be a fix (globally) - beyond that, I would have to defer to PW on whether or not what you are suggesting will work or not. Beyond my knowledge by a good mile. :)

I was in the underworld, and I went to defeat the wall of flesh. In the battle I used the rod of discord around a demon building and then fell into deep lava, my ufo cannot fly in lava and I had a rod of discord debuff so I died. Anyway, I returned to spawn point and realised the wall of flesh was still there so I went down my hellevator and chased it down to the point where it dragged me back into battle where I killed it.
The question is was it because I died in lava and not by the wall of flesh that it didn't despawn or is it a glitch or is it not supposed to despawn?

Bosses seem to have a tendency to not despawn sometimes, even moreso in multiplayer.

Me and my brother we both fighting Queen Bee, we died and my brother quit. I didn't stop playing, and about 2 minutes later, Queen Bee chased me to my house and came for my soul once more. Unluckily for her, it was her demise that was planned, not mine.

I was in the underworld, and I went to defeat the wall of flesh. In the battle I used the rod of discord around a demon building and then fell into deep lava, my ufo cannot fly in lava and I had a rod of discord debuff so I died. Anyway, I returned to spawn point and realised the wall of flesh was still there so I went down my hellevator and chased it down to the point where it dragged me back into battle where I killed it.
The question is was it because I died in lava and not by the wall of flesh that it didn't despawn or is it a glitch or is it not supposed to despawn?

Wall of Flesh doesn't despawn like other bosses. It says so right in the wiki. Even if everybody dies in the fight WoF will not despawn until it reaches the very edge of the world. It's possibly the only boss coded like that, since every other boss seems to poof when all the players die. Despawning when it reaches the edge of the world will also kill the player, though. So it's intended behavior, not a bug

I want to play this version but i can't because it won't fit on my screen. It's needs a "screen-safe" setting, to define where the corners of the screen are, like the new Minecraft on xbox one. The main problem with the new console version: it is Terraria ON console, not Terraria FOR consoles. Just like the new Minecraft, it's the pc version ON consoles, not built for them.

This is something I've been wanting to say for awhile, but just around to doing it: Is there someway I can make a MP sever private? Because I love to play with my friends on the console Terraria, but from time to time, I get random people join us SOMEHOW, that's my next point, can maybe TRY to do something about how people are just able to join a random server? I tried it didn't happen for me, so what's the biggy-dealy?! Anyway if you (Pipeworks) get to looking into this, please add and/or change some MP features.

Apparently Terraria was having "server issues" today. One of my friends asked me for help with the mechanical bosses in their world, so I checked to make sure my character had all the necessary gear and accepted the invite. After several minutes of the "connecting" screen, I got an "unable to join session, try again in a few minutes" message. We spent the next half hour-40 minutes trying to join each other and failing.

Hope this clears up soon... We have to get the mech bosses and the overgrown dandelion killed in their world to keep the Hallow and the Crimson/Corruption from taking over

Terraria doesn't use dedicated servers. It's peer to peer like most of today's games. Odds are there's a a problem in the connection between you and your friend, like router/firewall settings or something to do with your ISPs. There's also the minor chance that whatever gaming service you're using to connect to each other is having issues, but usually that gets announced somewhere.

I don't have any special settings on my Xbox, nor have I had any problems connecting with other friends (been playing a lot of Monster Hunter World and that requires a lot of online co-op for hunts). Hopefully this clears up on its own

Apparently Terraria was having "server issues" today. One of my friends asked me for help with the mechanical bosses in their world, so I checked to make sure my character had all the necessary gear and accepted the invite. After several minutes of the "connecting" screen, I got an "unable to join session, try again in a few minutes" message. We spent the next half hour-40 minutes trying to join each other and failing.

Hope this clears up soon... We have to get the mech bosses and the overgrown dandelion killed in their world to keep the Hallow and the Crimson/Corruption from taking over
Check your NAT Status in the Network settings. If it isn't "Open" you will have problems in peer-2-peer games like Terraria. One way to possibly fix it (if it was working before) is to restart your console. If that doesn't help, restart your router as well. If your router has UPnP enabled (which is default for most current routers) it will do the right thing automagically.

Check your NAT Status in the Network settings. If it isn't "Open" you will have problems in peer-2-peer games like Terraria. One way to possibly fix it (if it was working before) is to restart your console. If that doesn't help, restart your router as well. If your router has UPnP enabled (which is default for most current routers) it will do the right thing automagically.

I'll do that when I turn it on again later... It's currently 11:10am where I am and I haven't even slept yet. Game time for me is in the evening. Thanks for the tip.

I finally remembered to check today and the NAT is set to "moderate". It also said Xbox Live matchmaking may not work properly (which might also explain why I sometimes get randomly booted from quests in Monster Hunter). If I reset the router/modem should that fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom