Weapons & Equip New Summoner Staffs & Armor

What do you think?

• I love the unicorn armor & unicorn staff!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I love the bone armor & bone staff!

• It's the worst idea I've ever heard

• Too Overpowered!

• Too Underpowered!

• I don't understand this post!!!

• Total voters

AnonymousRat1934901

Official Terrarian
It's really hard to be a summoner, especially in early pre-hardmode. Most early summoner weapons do very low damage.

SLIME SUMMONING ITEMS
You can use this as a pretty early-game summoning armor.

Now has a crafting recipe
Crafting : 3 Fallen Stars, 20 gel, 10 platinum bars or 10 gold bars, 3 rubies
14 summon damage
Summons slimes that deal contact damage and shoot spikes
Has a chance to be dropped by king slime treasure bags
Crafting : 10 gold bars or 10 platinum bars, and 10 gel
3 defense
2% increased minion damage
Increases your max amount of minions
Has a chance to be dropped by king slime
Crafting : 12 gold bars or 12 platinum bars, and 10 gel
4 defense
2% increased minion knockback
Crafting : 8 gold bars or 8 platinum bars, and 10 gel
2 defense
2% increased minion critical strike chance
3% movement speed boost

Slime Armor Set Bonus - Increases your max amount of minions and allows your slime minions to have a 25% chance to inflict slowness

BONE SUMMONING ITEMS
Only obtainable post-skeletron. Now all dungeon enemies that drop bones also have a 7.5% chance to drop a giant bone. This is used for most of the bone summoning set.

Summons a baby skeleton to fight for you.
14 summon damage
Throws fast moving bones at nearby enemies
Average Knockback
Crafting : 20 bones, 1 giant bone
5 defense
3% increased minion damage
Has a chance to be dropped by angry bones
Crafting : 25 bones, 1 giant bone
6 defense
4% increased minion knockback
Crafting : 15 bones, 1 giant bone
4 defense
3% increased minion critical strike chance
6% movement speed boost

Skeleton Armor Set Bonus - Increases your max amount of minions, and skeleton minions sometimes throw larger bones at enemies, dealing more damage and huge knockback.

Unicorn Summoning Items
An armor set similar to pearlwood armor that actually does something helpful.

Summons a baby unicorn to protect you.
26 summon damage
No Knockback - Very High Knockback
Has two attacks. Can charge towards enemies, dealing higher knockback the longer it moves. It also can open its mouth and "vomit" rainbows. This does no knockback at all.
Crafting : 5 fallen stars, 2 unicorn horns, 10 pixie dust, 5 souls of light, 5 cobalt / palladium
7 defense
5% increased minion damage
4% increased minion knockback
Crafting : 1 unicorn horn, 5 pixie dust, 10 pearlwood
"Gives you a genuine unicorn horn!"
8 defense
3% increased minion critical strike chance
Crafting : 10 pixie dust, 1 unicorn horn, 25 pearlwood
"Smells like candy"
6 defense
3% increased minion damage
25% increased player and minion movement speed
Crafting : 5 pixie dust, 1 unicorn horn, 15 pearlwood
"Makes you fast like a unicorn"

Unicorn Armor Set Bonus - Increased your max amount of minions. Unicorn minions have a decent chance to shoot a double rainbow. Also, a rainbow trail appears behind you when moving.

OTHER SUMMONING ITEMS
Lucky Unicorn Horn - Has a small chance to drop from unicorns. Increases your max amount of minions. Also increases minion damage by 15% and minion knockback by 10%.

Stardust Emblem - Crafted with a summoner emblem, 15 stardust fragments, and 5 luminite bars. Increases max amount minions by TWO and increases minion damage by 30%.

I haven't made any sprites yet, they will be coming soon. I would like help with the slime armor, because I have no idea what it would look like.

Tell me if any of this is unbalanced.

Last edited:
That’s what farming slimes is for.

And slime statue.
But if you are doing a new Summoner only playthrough, that drop chance doesn't cut it. It is extremely unreasonable why the drop chance is so low, it just makes life hell for new summoners, especially on Expert. Farming isn't really an option, the drop chance is still extremely low and quite frankly, makes no sense.

A slime statue won't cut it. You could farm for hours and hours, and still have no luck. A drop shouldn't be that low, a statue should NOT be the solution to an early game problem for one of the four major classes of the game. That would be like saying there is only one kind of magic weapon,which is only a 1/50000 chance to drop from Demon Eyes. Keep in mind that finding a Slime Staff is several times more rare than finding a shiny Pokemon naturally in one of the games, and I'm sure many people know how rare that is.

This drop rate is exponentially absurd and the statues don't solve the problem(you would also need the luck of finding the damn statue). A crafting recipe would be a perfect solution for early game summoners, so why not?

That would only fix part of the issue. Farming shouldn't be the solution, a crafting recipe for the weapon itself would do fine on its own.

Like I said, the drop rate is extremely absurd and it is unlikely you would get it, even with farming. A recipe won't hurt anyone, it would actually benefit the people who start out on the class. Why should the class have to struggle when it starts out? I certainly wouldn't want to farm for a 1/10000 drop chance just to get the only weapon available for a class at the beginning, so why should it be mandatory for that drop rate to even be that low?

More summoner armors would be great. Terraria has like 5 or 6 of them so more of them wouldnt hurt.

Back
Top Bottom