Game wont start

Cuberoc

Terrarian
So when I click on the Terraria Icon or try to start the game through Steam Library, it will say "Preparing to launch" Yet the window does not pop up. Nor does a process in TM show up. Anyhelp will be appreciated.

I have done the compatibility check already. So thats out of the possible fixes.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 76
Start with reinstalling the dependencies. This should be XNA 4.0 Redist and .Net 4.7.2 Framework. Once you have done that, if it still won't launch restart steam, if it won't launch after that restart your computer.

If all that fails let me know, after that we'll need to use the Event Viewer to see if anything gives us some insight as to why it won't launch.

These are what popped up for me.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    88.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    18.1 KB · Views: 105
Alright, let's try this:

If that doesn't work come back and we'll try something else, if you need any clarifications feel free to ask.

Alright, let's try this:

If that doesn't work come back and we'll try something else, if you need any clarifications feel free to ask.

So XNA 4.0 Redist re-downloaded, but Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 would not and here is the prompt.
[doublepost=1529165619,1529165349][/doublepost]It works! The game finally started up Ill wait tomorrow again to see if it still works.

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom