tModLoader Antiaris

Do you like our project in it's current state?

• Yes

Votes: 490 91.9%
  • No (Please, make sure to tell us why don't you like it)

Votes: 43 8.1%

• Total voters
I would like to make a suggestion! a pocket blackhole is a cool concept, why not make it work similar to the actual name? It can create a slow moving "nebula vortex" that charges up exponentially, (like the last prism) creating a sizeable black hole which creates an insanely strong gravity well and damages the mobs. It require the mage to channel it, and after a few seconds it explodes repeating the cycle again.

Yep, it's listed as a known issue on Antiaris' Discord channel.
[doublepost=1527814913,1527814653][/doublepost]
It's because Aquatic Depths generate a huge water column over the ocean on world gen, and the ship is most likely searching for the highest point of water in the ocean before it places it on the map. I don't know if it's possible to force liquids to stabilize before Antiaris builds the boat, but that's probably the only solution.

In theory, it's possible to have Antiaris determine ocean height from the far edge of the map rather than the middle of the ocean where Thorium does its thing, and then just place at that Y with an offset X. Might need to have it force air blocks, though.

I just checked out the spoiler tag in the main page, are tho things to come? :) I am super excited!, though I do need a new world for some of the content I see that are planned

In theory, it's possible to have Antiaris determine ocean height from the far edge of the map rather than the middle of the ocean where Thorium does its thing, and then just place at that Y with an offset X. Might need to have it force air blocks, though.
It's not failproof. Terraria's maps have an out-of-bounds area of around 40 tiles on each border, and water generated on those edges is frozen in place even when you drain the water next to it. You can confirm it with TEdit; the water level at the edges of the ocean will often be uneven.

It's not failproof. Terraria's maps have an out-of-bounds area of around 40 tiles on each border, and water generated on those edges is frozen in place even when you drain the water next to it. You can confirm it with TEdit; the water level at the edges of the ocean will often be uneven.
It would at least get the boat closer to the waterline, though.

I have an question:from what I understood the mod adds 3 new town NPCs(or at least two,the adventurer and the pirate,both can be found bound,I encountered the first one in another world)but I'd like to heve him/her/them in my old world,but they didn't spawn there.what can I do,or better question, CAN I do something?

I have an question:from what I understood the mod adds 3 new town NPCs(or at least two,the adventurer and the pirate,both can be found bound,I encountered the first one in another world)but I'd like to heve him/her/them in my old world,but they didn't spawn there.what can I do,or better question, CAN I do something?
those 2 npcs can be get on a new world with antiaris enabled, but the pirate will leave the world once you complete his quest....so if you want them in your old world use cheatsheet/heroes mod and spawn them.

This mod is really great but the royal dagger has a really odd hitbox, it can barely be used in caves due to it hitting the floor even if the sprite itself is above it.

Man this mod is amazing. But one question What do i use the monster skull for? is it just trash? i mean it's not crafting material i cannot use it for anything

Yeah, 2 weeks have already passed and the update is not out yet. Why? That's because we had some unexpected problems but now everything is fine.

Let's talk about upcoming update a bit: It will be focused more on reworking existing content rather than adding new. Reworking includes a lot of sprite updates, rebalancing, recipe changes e.t.c. Also don't forget about bugfixes. This doesn't mean that new update will not have any new content, contrawise, we've added enough of new content & features to please you.

What is left is to fix remaining bugs, test everything, maybe add/change something else and the update will be out :happy:

AV0QEvb.png

And yes, there is a new boss incoming

Yeah, 2 weeks have already passed and the update is not out yet. Why? That's because we had some unexpected problems but now everything is fine.

Let's talk about upcoming update a bit: It will be focused more on reworking existing content rather than adding new. Reworking includes a lot of sprite updates, rebalancing, recipe changes e.t.c. Also don't forget about bugfixes. This doesn't mean that new update will not have any new content, contrawise, we've added enough of new content & features to please you.

What is left is to fix remaining bugs, test everything, maybe add/change something else and the update will be out :happy:

AV0QEvb.png

And yes, there is a new boss incoming
Take your time man, you’re doing great. Always fix something and do other things like testing and changes will have something left behind before it’s released. Appreciate the words of you doing everything.

Ok so, i've been playing through this mod a bit and so far, i'm kinda disappointed. Here's the things i don't like so far:

Boars are extremely annoying, and you take damage from touching them even when they're not hostile

The Antlion Queen requires Queen Bee to be killed before you can summon it, but it doesn't say that anywhere in the mod, and the mechanic isn't great anyway, as the vast majority of bosses in terraria can be summoned as long as you have the summon item. Also, the fight itself is way too hard, with it summoning a sandstorm to hinder your movement, spawning antlions, Antlion chargers, and Antlion swarmers, spewing sand everywhere, flinging you up into the air with tornadoes that do way too much damage, and stunlocking you like skeletron's head spin. The music's cool though, so i'll give it that.

Also, where do you find forest guardians? I've been looking all over and they aren't spawning.

Rune elementals are a huge pain, as they can fly through walls, have homing attacks that also go through walls and can't be blocked by weapons, and like to sit in blocks so you can't hit them. Additionally, the fact that their projectiles stay for a moment after they die is really annoying. Maybe make them only spawn after you've defeated a boss.

Wrath eye and wrath zombies are just annoying.

Sorry for all the criticism, but i think this mod needs a bit of polishing.

Also, where do you find forest guardians? I've been looking all over and they aren't spawning.
forest guardians spawns when chopping trees at night, and deal around 120 of damage.....so they instakill you when beggining your playthrough.

EDIT 1:have ranged weapons with you because they fly above you while attacking.

Last edited:
Ok so, i've been playing through this mod a bit and so far, i'm kinda disappointed. Here's the things i don't like so far:

Boars are extremely annoying, and you take damage from touching them even when they're not hostile

The Antlion Queen requires Queen Bee to be killed before you can summon it, but it doesn't say that anywhere in the mod, and the mechanic isn't great anyway, as the vast majority of bosses in terraria can be summoned as long as you have the summon item. Also, the fight itself is way too hard, with it summoning a sandstorm to hinder your movement, spawning antlions, Antlion chargers, and Antlion swarmers, spewing sand everywhere, flinging you up into the air with tornadoes that do way too much damage, and stunlocking you like skeletron's head spin. The music's cool though, so i'll give it that.

Rune elementals are a huge pain, as they can fly through walls, have homing attacks that also go through walls and can't be blocked by weapons, and like to sit in blocks so you can't hit them. Additionally, the fact that their projectiles stay for a moment after they die is really annoying. Maybe make them only spawn after you've defeated a boss.

Wrath eye and wrath zombies are just annoying.

Sorry for all the criticism, but i think this mod needs a bit of polishing.
Thank you for your criticism, we'll consider everything you've said :)

In multiplayer if one player dies, and you take an item from your inventory it's deleted making multiplayer unplayable. I can recreate this bug with only this mod enabled so it's not a confliction bug.

Reactions: Fi
Back
Top Bottom