Casual Things you believed when you were very young

I thought Mario was hiding in my room waiting to beat me up. (I was am weird)
I thought all humans live exactly 100 years, no less and no more.
I somehow thought that anime was disturbing and bad.
That I could trust my siblings.
Pressing l and r in top gear rally would make you go faster.
You can escape the courtyard in Super Mario 64.
Luigi was in the underground part of the ghost level in Super Mario 64.
I also thought "zombie" was a curse word.

Last edited:
That ketchup on bread would be toxic enough to kill me. I'm not sure how that happened, but I only figured out the truth when I realized that a lot of foods have bread and ketchup included. (see: cheeseburgers and hot dogs)

I thought that if I was hit in the back of the head while I was crossing my eyes they would stay like that for the rest of my life.

"TV is bad for your eyes." This was debunked by JaidenAnimations because putting her eyes close to the TV actually improved her vision.

Santa Claus.

Getting married makes you pregnant somehow without any additional things you have to do.

"TV is bad for your eyes." This was debunked by JaidenAnimations because putting her eyes close to the TV actually improved her vision.
It's not really true, but at the same time it's not really false. I'd guess it depends on the person, because constant screen usage did nothing for me but require me to wear glasses when looking at them.

When I was little, my parents let me watch the first Terminator movie. I dunno how old I was. 5? 6? Way too young.
Bad parenting aside, in this movie there's a particular scene where the terminator sits in a hotel room, fixing his damaged eye.
He removes the eye with a scalpel (gross scene, although obvious fake when you watch it now) and reveals a mechanical eye with a red light behind it.

Now, in our attic, behind the washing machine, there was this similar red light as well. Some part of the central heating unit, hiding in the darkness.
It took me a long time and a lot of bravery to eventually assure myself that Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't camping behind the dryer.

The eye in question, and a very obvious fake head:
70719-terminatorremastered5541.jpg

Back
Top Bottom