tModLoader Exodus Mod

so... i dont have much knowledge of spriting, programming and stuff. but when i click on "My sprites" right under your comments, it shows me some sprites that are only recolors of vanilla terraria things. i dont quite get your point in blaming this mod then?
besides, exodus mod is a great mod, no doubt. runs stable, looks good and adds many unique things. just look at the weapon quadro-fury. cant remember seeing something like this anywhere else.
Those sprites are incredibly old, and I never said the mod was bad, but the sprites are terrible and some even stolen from starbound

Those sprites are incredibly old, and I never said the mod was bad, but the sprites are terrible and some even stolen from starbound
And what exactly was stolen? Monster Gleap? `:naughty:`:D
I feel sorry for you. You are looking for and can not find a suitable argument that the Exodus stolen sprites. First shading, then stealing, now sprites are "obsolete".

More recolors & edited vanilla sprites...yummy!
Just make your own sprites, bruh. They will be slightly worse, but at least, they will look original & will stand out in 1000 of recolors & edits.

I have just one more thing to say.
If hell lot of people tell you that something is wrong with your sprites & only people who are defending them are people who are related to mod's development & people who are either blind or don't care at all about sprites, I think you are misjudging the quality of your work.
Btw your server has only ~200 users, bcuz people who tell you that you should improve something get instabanned by either Nova or someone else. GJ.
Also banning tMod developer for pointing out that rules don't make sense(not more than 3 emojis & not more than 5. Like wtf thats supposed to mean). GJ. Gotta have big nuts to do something like this.
@ITS FBI(DumbestManAlive), whatever your opinions are about the mod or the sprites are yours to have. If you are going to express them here, it needs to be done with politeness and respect. And whatever drama is happening offsite is not to be brought here. This has been stated many times, and a general warning was given to everyone in this thread. This behavior is unwanted here, and since the previous warning was not heeded, you have been removed from posting in this thread. If you continue harassing other members there will be more consequences.

downloads mean nothing, its the amount of positive feedback that counts. Especially considering that you only made this mod and forum post to fuel your own ego, and I have proof.

ok, let me extend, having a massive ego showing that you don't actually care about anyone on this thread, and use their support and praise to use as bragging rights and tools, caring not at all about the people themselves and seeing them as nothing but slaves to fuel your planet sized ego.

Damn, took you a while to run out of comeback options for that one

@Darkpuppey, none of this drama is needed. If you're here to cause trouble for a mod thread, take that somewhere else, as we won't put up with it. As has been stated before in this thread, if you think there may be a case of actual plagiarism, report it in private by either using the Report feature or PMing a forum staff member with details. Please do not make public accusations. Using sprites from vanilla Starbound is fine.

Indeed. There is always a fraction of people who downloaded a mod and said "damn, this is trash" - and this rule applies to any mod.

I bet he's gonna ignore this and wait for more praises, smh.
@Shadelight, you've already been warned about your behavior in this thread, and yet you continue to try and fuel the fire. Your privileges to post in this thread have been revoked.

You are welcome :happy:
@zadum4ivii, your trolling is not appreciated.

For all of the above and everyone else - let me be clear. Expressing that you don't like a mod or don't like a mod's sprites is fine. Expressing it rudely is not. Expressing it ad nauseam and trying to start drama over it is not, and veers into member harassment. If you don't like this mod or don't like its sprites and cannot express that politely, then you do not need to post at all. Members will find their posting privileges restricted if they cannot post with respect.

@M4trix and @Nova Dee, please ignore any attempts to start drama, and do not engage. Thanks.

If anyone has questions, I am happy to answer them in private. You can send me (or any other moderator) a private message by clicking the 'Start a Conversation' button under my avatar at the bottom.

Hello! I saw a conversation about this mod over on the TML discord and I decided to test it out and offer my two cents. I posted similar criticism in your guys's discord, but you seem to have quite, uh, imposing rules over there. I hope this criticism helps, as I do believe this mod has insane potential :)

From a first glance, most of the items, atop being mainly vanilla recolors, lack a cohesive palette, light source, and texture. Now, I know that sprites and whatnot are an 'eye of the beholder' type of thing, but people appreciate new and unique sprites. To any spriter or contributor working on this mod, I highly suggest taking a look at a couple of spriting guides, such as this one by Balduran, or this really important one over on Pixeljoint. At the end of the day, though, it's always your decision to change up the sprites.

Moving on to the enemies. As iterated earlier, most enemies seem to be clones of vanilla ones, with very few changes in AI. That's all cool, though. I never object to more enemies. Some cool ones, like the Snow Elemental, or the Octopus, are pretty dope.

As for the bosses, more of the same. Most AIs are very predictable, like the Master of Possession, and the Colossus. Some, like the Mindflayer, or the Ancient, are pretty dope, albeit very spammy. The Ancient's debuff trapped me in the middle of the world, too.

As for the items, some of them are really cool, with varied projectiles and whatnot. However, I bring up the sprites again. Many are vanilla recolors (see above), and not many people enjoy those, though it's perfectly fine to use 'em. A lot of them, however, shoot out multiple projectiles that are wayy too fast, and in that behaviour, many items seem repetitive and boring. I can't say I looked through all 1200 items, though.

That's all I've got, though. Just wanted to put out there that, as someone who personally struggles with criticism, but has developed a few mods, criticism from players is the single most important thing a modder can get. Seriously, it saves lives. It allows you to really turn the mod into something great that people enjoy. That being said, I wish nothing but good fortune for this mod and the team. Best of luck!

Hello! I saw a conversation about this mod over on the TML discord and I decided to test it out and offer my two cents. I posted similar criticism in your guys's discord, but you seem to have quite, uh, imposing rules over there. I hope this criticism helps, as I do believe this mod has insane potential :)

From a first glance, most of the items, atop being mainly vanilla recolors, lack a cohesive palette, light source, and texture. Now, I know that sprites and whatnot are an 'eye of the beholder' type of thing, but people appreciate new and unique sprites. To any spriter or contributor working on this mod, I highly suggest taking a look at a couple of spriting guides, such as this one by Balduran, or this really important one over on Pixeljoint. At the end of the day, though, it's always your decision to change up the sprites.

Moving on to the enemies. As iterated earlier, most enemies seem to be clones of vanilla ones, with very few changes in AI. That's all cool, though. I never object to more enemies. Some cool ones, like the Snow Elemental, or the Octopus, are pretty dope.

As for the bosses, more of the same. Most AIs are very predictable, like the Master of Possession, and the Colossus. Some, like the Mindflayer, or the Ancient, are pretty dope, albeit very spammy. The Ancient's debuff trapped me in the middle of the world, too.

As for the items, some of them are really cool, with varied projectiles and whatnot. However, I bring up the sprites again. Many are vanilla recolors (see above), and not many people enjoy those, though it's perfectly fine to use 'em. A lot of them, however, shoot out multiple projectiles that are wayy too fast, and in that behaviour, many items seem repetitive and boring. I can't say I looked through all 1200 items, though.

That's all I've got, though. Just wanted to put out there that, as someone who personally struggles with criticism, but has developed a few mods, criticism from players is the single most important thing a modder can get. Seriously, it saves lives. It allows you to really turn the mod into something great that people enjoy. That being said, I wish nothing but good fortune for this mod and the team. Best of luck!
Be nice.

I have my own opinions on Exodus, but you guys are actual drama-queens, Dev included. I'm not saying that rudely but I read & read and all I find is drama...
Yes the mod has it's issues, yes some sprites are just plain terrible, and somethings need fixed but just say that stuff politely, not rudely.
Even if the developer says something rude, ignore it and go on with your day.
I'm not defending M4trix or The Exodus Mod, i'm just putting this point across so the Moderators don't have to stress over this 24/7.
M4trix, keep working on the mod and take in feedback all you'll get is positive comments, anyways good luck!

I have my own opinions on Exodus, but you guys are actual drama-queens, Dev included. I'm not saying that rudely but I read & read and all I find is drama...
Yes the mod has it's issues, yes some sprites are just plain terrible, and somethings need fixed but just say that stuff politely, not rudely.
Even if the developer says something rude, ignore it and go on with your day.
I'm not defending M4trix or The Exodus Mod, i'm just putting this point across so the Moderators don't have to stress over this 24/7.
M4trix, keep working on the mod and take in feedback all you'll get is positive comments, anyways good luck!
A reminder to keep your posts directed to the topic of the thread, not directed to the topic of what other members may or may not have done in the thread. I know your intentions may be noble, but let’s just stick to talking about the mod, not any drama, as that just starts it up again.

A reminder to keep your posts directed to the topic of the thread, not directed to the topic of what other members may or may not have done in the thread. I know your intentions may be noble, but let’s just stick to talking about the mod, not any drama, as that just starts it up again.

Alright, thank you for notifying me.

Do you think I can resprite some of this stuff? It's bothering me how bad some of these sprites r
[doublepost=1530937499,1530937156][/doublepost]I'll try to make a Sprite to show u if I'm good

But the mod is fun :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think I can resprite some of this stuff? It's bothering me how bad some of these sprites r
[doublepost=1530937499,1530937156][/doublepost]I'll try to make a Sprite to show u if I'm good
But the mod is fun :D

Hello Dark and Darker.

In the future as a tip, you can use the edit button on the bottom left of your posts to add or change content to your post. It is actually best to do this if you are still the last poster on a Thread rather than posting again as we don't permit double posting in most cases.

I've merged your posts together in this case.

Long time no spoilers... Well, anyway we worked and our work is gone too far...
upload_2018-7-9_2-10-59.png

I can't show you all our work, but hope you are hyped for the update!

Looks not stolen so good job
@dark_and_darker, this is not necessary. You've been warned before about making rude comments, and if it happens again there will be action taken against your account such as restricting your privileges to post in threads and/or warning points.

I'm happy to discuss this further with you if you'd like. You can send me a private message by clicking the 'Start a Conversation' link under my avatar at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom