tModLoader The JoostMod

it would be fair if you put a warning in the description of the Doom Cannon. it just said fully charged breaks tiles so i thought maybe like dyanamite so i shot it near my house so now i have a big hole, but i like that it breaks so much, just a good warning would be good.

My first experience with the Doom Cannon was a shocker. Since the quest reward gave me a bunch of grenades at the same time, I assumed those were for the Doom Cannon and it would blast grenade-sized holes in the ground. It seemed like charging it was taking way too long for what it was going to do, but it finally finished and I shot it down at the little hill right next to my house. That house ended up with a very, very deep basement.

I think the main reason I didn't expect much is that you get it so early in the game. It has a block breaking ability that's post-Moon Lord in power, but you get it right after Skeletron. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but getting it that early definitely led to lowered expectations regarding the size of its effect.

Version 0.7.2.4
- Reduced range of max charge Doom Cannon by 20%
- Treasure Goblins are now guaranteed to drop something
- Treasure Goblins have a chance to drop the PDA
- Treasure Goblins have a greatly increased chance to drop the biome keys
- Treasure Goblins no longer drop coins in tile form
- Treasure Goblins phase through tiles to avoid getting stuck

My first experience with the Doom Cannon was a shocker. Since the quest reward gave me a bunch of grenades at the same time, I assumed those were for the Doom Cannon and it would blast grenade-sized holes in the ground. It seemed like charging it was taking way too long for what it was going to do, but it finally finished and I shot it down at the little hill right next to my house. That house ended up with a very, very deep basement.

I think the main reason I didn't expect much is that you get it so early in the game. It has a block breaking ability that's post-Moon Lord in power, but you get it right after Skeletron. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but getting it that early definitely led to lowered expectations regarding the size of its effect.
Dang, lol. Anyways, the patch now has the doom cannon's tooltip read "Max charge tunnels through and destroys tiles" to be more clear.
The Doom cannon is quite absurd: they main reason i added it is for an easy way to clear out an arena for the Grand Cactus Worm fight.​

Version 0.7.2.5
- Added Grabby Swingy Hook, an alternative to the Enchanted Swingy hook, this hook can grab onto enemies!
It's made with a swingy hook, and a ruby, sapphire, and emerald.
- Fixed bug where Cactus Worm Hook would give you infinite flight​

I just killed the Cactus Worm for the quest. I made four Succulent Cactus Meals to fight him some more, but the first time I used one, nothing happened except the boss spawning sound. Now I can't use any of the others. I closed Terraria and reloaded everything in case he was spawned across the map or something, but I still can't activate the remaining three Meals even after that.

On an unrelated note, I'm using Battle Rods and Uncle Carius's Fishing Pole this playthrough because the fishing items you keep adding piqued my interest. That's another great mod. Carius's Pole and the battle rods don't work quite the same, so some of the accessories don't overlap and the special bait doesn't work, but it's still a great weapon and often the best choice even without those buffs. Farming it wasn't even that grindy thanks to the Quad-Lure from Battle Rods. The new Bucket weapons are also solid. They shore up some of the weaknesses of Battle Rods, but they'd also be good in a regular playthrough.

I just killed the Cactus Worm for the quest. I made four Succulent Cactus Meals to fight him some more, but the first time I used one, nothing happened except the boss spawning sound. Now I can't use any of the others. I closed Terraria and reloaded everything in case he was spawned across the map or something, but I still can't activate the remaining three Meals even after that.
Honestly the best thing i could tell you for that is check the map to see if it's somewhere and to try deeper underground.

Has anyone ever mentioned that when you go on multiplayer with Joost that it deletes a huge chunk of the world? I have had this problem numerous times. It really breaks my heart that even after disabling this mod the problem still persists in multiplayer. On singleplayer, everything is still fine. Please fix this. Thank you for taking your time and this is a great mod. It has potential.

Has anyone ever mentioned that when you go on multiplayer with Joost that it deletes a huge chunk of the world? I have had this problem numerous times. It really breaks my heart that even after disabling this mod the problem still persists in multiplayer. On singleplayer, everything is still fine. Please fix this. Thank you for taking your time and this is a great mod. It has potential.
I've heard that's from too many items in Magic Storage, not Joost.
You even said yourself:
even after disabling this mod the problem still persists

No clue. I hear you can avoid this by splitting the storage into multiple separate chunks and connect them using wireless terminals that are in the mod.
ugh! i have nearly no idea how to actually use the mod other than having tons of storage things and a storage heart with a crafting thing. but thanks i'll look into it

Joost, I am disappointed, not because of the mod. Not at all, one the best, but you don't advertise everything like the npc's and all weapons

Joost, I am disappointed, not because of the mod. Not at all, one the best, but you don't advertise everything like the npc's and all weapons
That's because I'm in the progress of making a wiki for the mod. If you have a good idea of how to show off various things on the homepage without hitting the file limit let me know.

Back
Top Bottom