Items Invisible Dye

Now do you see?

• As much as I can see something that's invisible, yes!

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • ...what am I supposed to be looking at?

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
Baconfry called me. Said he needed some backup, and I can see why.
1. I am tired,
Good. Get off the computer and rest for a bit. Come back when you can think straight.
2. I do not like it
Good for you, you've learned what an opinion is! Next word to add to your dictionary: facts.
3. It COULD be hard too code
And you're secretly a Terraria developer, are you? What does that even have to do with anything? It's not your call what's worth adding and what's not.
4. You should have put some more thought into the original suggestion, like the stuff you did not include, like the moon shell stuff.
What is there to elaborate on? It's a dye item that makes stuff transparent. It is crafted with an invisible dye plant. Transformation items are not affected by Dyes, vanity slots, accessory visibility, or anything, so your one and only real concern is baseless. Now, if you can't be arsed to contribute to the suggestion, then beat it. We get it. You don't want this to be added. Now you can get lost.

, I'm still disappointed about not having the option to go shirtless in Terraria (my character is a girl, please don't judge me).
An explicit content mod would have to be available, or a possible rating change. Currently the witch from left 4 dead I mean nymph doesn't have nipples. So the invisible dye would either do the same thing or make you wear undergarments.
What I am saying is that it could be hard too code this
I've actually done a good amount of coding, something like this wouldn't be very hard.

YES.

OH YES. NOW I CAN GO AROUND ACTING LIKE A SHIRTLESS VIKING.

TAKE THIS.
peace-sign-of-approval2-png.138222

And personally, I'm still disappointed about not having the option to go shirtless in Terraria (my character is a girl, please don't judge me).

Bam, invisible dye. This is a unique dye in that what's supposed to be dyed instead becomes invisible. That means that wearing it in clothing slots replaces your clothing sprite with a new sprite of underwear. Yes, girls will keep their lingerie on, stop asking. The color of the underwear depends on character creation, and of course can be changed at a dresser. It changes helmet sprites into the Familiar Wig, if you can't be assed buying one. But if you try to use Invisible Dye with the Familiar Wig, you can appear bald.

The drawback is that the dye plant for Invisible Dye will probably be insanely hard to find.
Thoughts?

I don't think you should combine concepts, invisible dye sounds like a great idea, but I don't think it should penetrate the entirety of a person's clothing, and it wouldn't make sense because your base sprite has clothes when you start- the only thing I'd suggest is making a separate post for your desire for underwear and lingerie for characters. That's an entirely different thing in my opinion.

Having said all that- getting back to the dye itself. I don't believe there's a reason for the dye plant to be more or less rare than any other dye items in the game, it's supposed to help players customize themselves even more, and having it be rare means that it's just another hunt in the game. Not that I don't mind rareness and drop rates in Terraria, I personally love RNG; I just find that it's not really more special than any other dye plant. While in real life a plant like that might be "rare" I'd consider thinking about it as just another dye plant that is as common as the others; don't have to but yeah.

I support the invisible dye, the above is just my two cents on the matter.

It's been three years since this thread started. I'm going to necro it to ask a simple question. Is there, or is there not, a mod out there that has invisible dye in it as described here? I've googled, I've searched, I've scoured, I've dug; I can't seem to find anything like this. Help?

Is there an answer to this, or not?
Hi @Foxen, I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question. If someone does know the answer they'll post it. Please don't keep bumping and asking the same question in the same thread.

It's been three years since this thread started. I'm going to necro it to ask a simple question. Is there, or is there not, a mod out there that has invisible dye in it as described here? I've googled, I've searched, I've scoured, I've dug; I can't seem to find anything like this. Help?
To my knowledge, there’s no mod that adds in an Invisible Dye.

One would think that after 3+ years there would be... SOMETHING. They should really get these mods on steam workshop. They're starting to fall behind compared to Starbound. I'm not even sure where most of the mods are. They have categories there, I can easily find the 100+ mods that I have there. Whereas here... I have 3... and tremor is apparently buggy in multiplayer/abandoned. It keeps people who just want to pick up and game and play it a mess with friends. I'm not sure if any mods really read these, but seriously, force the mods to be multiplayer compatible if its not too late. Minecraft did the same thing and a bunch of modders just got... freakin decimated, but it was better in the end. You really need to make modding more accessable here, because mods will carry your game when you cannot. I wouldn't be playing starbound again without mods. Like.. I know I'm a nobody, I know I don't peruse this place much, but ease of use and access is king imo. Just give it some thought.

One would think that after 3+ years there would be... SOMETHING. They should really get these mods on steam workshop. They're starting to fall behind compared to Starbound. I'm not even sure where most of the mods are. They have categories there, I can easily find the 100+ mods that I have there. Whereas here... I have 3... and tremor is apparently buggy in multiplayer/abandoned. It keeps people who just want to pick up and game and play it a mess with friends. I'm not sure if any mods really read these, but seriously, force the mods to be multiplayer compatible if its not too late. Minecraft did the same thing and a bunch of modders just got... freakin decimated, but it was better in the end. You really need to make modding more accessable here, because mods will carry your game when you cannot. I wouldn't be playing starbound again without mods. Like.. I know I'm a nobody, I know I don't peruse this place much, but ease of use and access is king imo. Just give it some thought.

@Foxen

This Thread is about a Suggestion for Invisible Dye. It is not about mod support for the game.

If you want to make a suggestion for the Developers, please create your own Suggestion Thread in the appropriate suggestion sub-section. If it would be about mod support, it would go in this section: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/other.46/

Do not use another member's suggestion Thread to talk about your own ideas for an unrelated suggestion.

I was not aware this was a suggestion for the base game, other than your wings not being able to be hidden, there does not need to be invisible dye. I just googled invisible dye and got here. Was curious why a mod of it hadn't been made to abuse the vanity slot section as a quick slot for alternate accessories. If this isn't a mod section, then nevermind.

The Invisible Dye mod does exactly this. It adds an invisible dye (can be crafted with 1 dirt block) that makes stuff invisible.

still they play terraria. im under the age of a teenager and i still play it.
Hey, I didn't say that this would involve adding graphics for uncensored nipples or anything that would make it R-18. Just reuse the graphics that the Lost Girl uses and it should be fine. Lamia Wraps are basically the same as underwear anyways, right?

Hey, I didn't say that this would involve adding graphics for uncensored nipples or anything that would make it R-18. Just reuse the graphics that the Lost Girl uses and it should be fine. Lamia Wraps are basically the same as underwear anyways, right?

I tried hiding the armor using the "Invisible Dye Mod" and it turns out that the default player sprite is rather mundane and uninteresting. (No nipples or anything.)

So, that shouldn't be a problem. :)

Okay, I was just about to suggest this myself. :p

When using Invisible Dye in the armor slots, the character should look as it did at creation. If you want undies, equip them in the vanity slots.

I think this is a great idea. I want to hide light pets but keep their light!.. and ride invisible mounts and mine carts and use invisible hooks!

Also, once this dye is in the game, the accessory eyes (show/hide) can be removed.

Edit:
I'm not saying this (part) is a good idea, but there are probably any number of ways to implement Invisible Dye. For example: The dye trader could have a "Reforge" option where one puts in any dye and rerolls it for a random, obtainable dye until you get the Invisible Dye.. and perhaps this is the only way to get it. :eek:

Last edited:
II'm still disappointed about not having the option to go shirtless in Terraria (my character is a girl, please don't judge me).
Thoughts?
:dryadnaughty: Same.Closest I can get is the mermaid adornment, dryad coverings, Lamia wraps.
This would be a pretty good idea, not just for the reason above but there are some accessories like the Moon charm and its combined versions that I would love to hide the effect of.

Back
Top Bottom