tModLoader TGM1234's Mods

uh
minor bug, but when using the item customizer, there's a bug that rapidly increases the knockback of any weapon put into the slot
unsure if it's a visual error, or an actual kb increase
That's because of the way knockback accessories affect knockback. The effect is real and remains until the world or character is reloaded. It's annoying, but I don't have a fix available at the moment.

Im also having a multiplayer problem with summoning bosses across all my mods while Item Customizer is enabled, at first i thought it was Fargo's Mod, but after some testing, it seems everything works as it should when i disable Item Customizer. No problems with Shader Library, and i can confirm that everything works fine in single player as well.
No clue what's going on here. Might investigate into it, though as I don't have their source code to know how they're summoning bosses and why in the world that would conflict with my code, don't count on it.

I doubt this has to do with the few mods I've added since I started playing again (since it wouldn't make much sense for them to conflict with two entirely different mods), but this mod no longer works visually with WeaponOut. A week or two ago, the coloration would appear on dyed weapons while you were holding them, but now they appear undyed until you actually use them. A fix would be great, if possible-- it's a little jarring. I think it might have to do with the latest tModLoader updates, but take my words with a grain of salt, I'm not a skilled modder.
fD9JEWL.png
dGxhJ3K.png

Hello, and welcome to my forum thread! This is for all of my mods.

Note that any DropBox links are not always up-to-date and may contain an earlier version of the mod. If you wish to install a mod, I would recommend doing so through the Mod Browser or downloading directly from the Mod Browser database.

Requirement for most of my mods (basically all of them right now, actually):
ShaderLib has a github!
Shader Library, or ShaderLib for short, is a modding library of sorts that gives modders a variety of tools
for manipulating Terraria's shader system, also known in-game as "dyes."

Currently, the library supports the addition of new ArmorShaderData, or "armor shaders" - the typical dyes.
There are also a variety of "hook" lists that allow modders to apply shaders to various objects.
At the moment, these objects include projectiles, NPCs, items (in inventory and in world), and held items (items in use).

Also, at a more technical standpoint, the mod/library breaks the game's 255 dye limit by being cool.

ShaderLib is required to use any mod that uses it, obviously.

Download on the Mod Browser or here.
Download the binaries for development here.

Changelog:
- 1.0: Official release.
- 1.0.1: Fixes modded dyes not working on modded accessories (and a few vanilla ones), held item shaders now apply to items that are just being held (torches, Unicorn on a Stick), and fixes item flame shader hooks
- 1.0.2: Re-uploaded for 0.10.0.1 (needed no changes, surprisingly)
- 1.0.3: Fixed zoom issues (turns out it did need changes after all)
- 2.0: Vastly reworked internals, includes Vanilla Dye Fix & 1 other feature
- 2.0.1: Fixes bug with drawing in flipped gravity
- 2.0.2: Fixes a drawing derp that made things blurry

Ever wanted to dye your items? Well, now you can:
Item Customizer now has a github! Check it out!
This mod lets you dye your items and make really cool things, like this:
View attachment 137090
You can also rename items to your liking (this does not affect prefixes).
As you can see in the gif, when you dye items you dye both the held item and any projectiles that the item shoots.
The mod does not dye dusts (at least, until the tML devs get around to making global dust hooks).

View attachment 174042
This is the GUI. Rename the item using the text box.
Place any item in the right slot, and a dye in the left (unless you don't want a shader) and click the "Apply" button. (Dyes are not consumed in the process)
Take the item(s) out and enjoy! Modded items with custom drawing or projectiles should be compatible too, provided they don't end/start the SpriteBatch (and none do that I know of).
Any mods that add custom dyes should also work provided that they add their shaders using ShaderLib.

Oh, yeah, and that Reset button - click it and it clears both any name change and dye from the item in the left slot. Pretty nifty, eh?

Items also have dyed icons, so you can see the dye from your inventory!

Craft the item to access the GUI with 5 iron/lead bars and 1 Strange Plant at an anvil. It's got the same texture as an anvil, because I'm lazy.

Download: Mod Browser, or here

Changelog:
- 0.5: Inital distributed release. Pre-Mod Browser.
- 0.6: Fixed dyes being applied to things that shouldn't be (enemy projectiles, pets...)
- 0.7: Item icons (in inventory, world) show dye, consumables now dyeable, fix for minions, draggable GUI
- 0.8: Improved shader drawing, check for if player is actually using item
- 0.8.2: Fixed certain shaders looking strange on multi-frame projectiles, stopped older undyed projectiles from getting newer dyed projectiles' dyes
- 0.9: Complete multiplayer support, UI saves items instead of deleting them, autopause support, proper child projectile detection, no NPC projectile dyeing, can customize stackable weapons (Light Disc etc.)
- 0.9.1: After waiting for much too long, updated for Terraria 1.3.3.3.
- 0.9.2: After waiting for a much shorter period, updated for Terraria 1.3.4/tML 0.9.
- 0.9.3: Fixed crashes in tML 0.9.2.
- 1.0.0: First release to be fully integrated with the new ShaderLib, fixes multiplayer rapidfire bug, and stops items losing data on reforge
- 1.1.0: Updated for tML 0.10.0.1, featuring a revamped UI, both internally and externally
- 1.1.1: Items don't lose names or dyes on reforge... again
- 1.1.2: Shouldn't crash on starting multiplayer and solves the accidental shading issue at last (by throwing out all the annoying logic and using something better)
- 2.0: Now uses ShaderLib 2.0. Fixes UI crashes in multiplayer.

Credits:
-Myself, for making this mod (I mean, I did put a bunch of work into this, right??)
-The TerraUI team (@Boffin , @abluescarab) for making the TerraUI Toolkit which I used to make the GUI in this mod (well, ok, not anymore, but it was helpful in the early days!)
-The tModLoader team for making tModLoader, of course

Known Bugs:
-- Sometimes I've seen a Meowmere fail to fire dyed projectiles. Re-dyeing caused it to fire correctly again. Cause unknown.
-- There can be weird things when stacking consumables with differing names and/or dyes. This cannot be solved in a way that I am aware, so it's staying for now.
-- Projectiles which are both friendly and hostile (such as bee hives) may get accidentally dyed if created while using a dyed item.

Known Quirks (Not a bug, though technically speaking not a feature either):
-- You can dye pets/armor/accessories/etc.. This will NOT cause the pet/armor/accessory/etc. to actually get dyed other than its appearance in the inventory. After all, what are the vanilla dye slots for? (Please don't post about this again...)

Some extra dyes to play with:
These two mods are the first of their kind: they add new dyes to the game!

Hair Dye for Armor adds normal variants of all previously hair-exclusive dyes while
Secret Dyes adds in dyes from unused shaders in the game's resources (some look really cool!).

Download both from the Mod Browser.
DropBox for Hair Dye for Armor
DropBox for Secret Dyes

Changelog (Hair Dye for Armor):
- 1.0: First release
- 1.0.1: Fixes dyes broken by changes in ShaderLib during development
- 1.0.2: Updated for 0.10.0.1
- 2.0: Updated for ShaderLib 2.0. Now allows equipping related hair dye instead of using new items. Old items will become unloaded items, sorry.

Changelog (Secret Dyes):
- 1.0: First release
- 1.0.1: Updated for 0.10.0.1
- 2.0: Updated for ShaderLib 2.0. Dev dye doesn't shift when changing player direction anymore.

Making Pet Dyes Great Again:
This mod is now a part of Shader Library. DO NOT use this anymore, it will crash!
A very simple fix which uses the same formula that I developed for the Item Customizer mod for better shader rendering.
What's the fix for? Well, if you've ever tried putting certain dyes on a pet, light pet, or hook, you might have noticed it looks absolutely horrid:
View attachment 137398
Here's what Vortex Dye on a Zephyr Fish looks like now:
View attachment 137397
Much better, right? This mod affects all pets, light pets, and hooks, as well as the Stardust Guardian.

Changelog:
- 1.0: First and likely final release. haha nope
- 1.0.0.1: A patch which fixes potential accidental shading of unshaded projectiles which were created before the pet/light pet/hook.
- 1.0.1: Mod now uses ShaderLib instead.
- 1.0.2: Updated for 0.10.0.1. Actually, it didn't need to update at all, but I had to rebuild to stop tML from believing it was outdated. And increase the version number, of course.

Download: Mod Browser or here

Credits:
- Same as for Item Customizer. This is basically just a segment of code from over there anyway (well, now that bit of code is in ShaderLib and this does barely anything, but yeah)

...don't use this, it's outdated anyway
!!WARNING!! This mod is pretty buggy. Use at your own risk.
World Persistence is a simple mod which makes you, NPCs, and projectiles persist when you re-enter a world.

You won't appear back at spawn when you come back - and non-town NPCs, bosses, minions, dropped items, and debuffs stay where they are, too.

The file is called EvilMod, and will show that during loading. Don't ask.
Download from the Mod Browser or Dropbox.

Changelog:
- 1.0: Initial release.

Known Whoop-de-doos:
- Don't try to use this mod if there are NPCs, projectiles, or dropped items from mods that have been removed in the world. Chances are bad stuff could happen.
- NPCs and projectiles will lose any mod data on re-entry, so prefixes from Prefixes for Enemies will disappear and dyed projectiles from Item Customizer will become un-dyed.
umm?

Attachments

• Terr Error.jpg
    Terr Error.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 373
I doubt this has to do with the few mods I've added since I started playing again (since it wouldn't make much sense for them to conflict with two entirely different mods), but this mod no longer works visually with WeaponOut. A week or two ago, the coloration would appear on dyed weapons while you were holding them, but now they appear undyed until you actually use them. A fix would be great, if possible-- it's a little jarring. I think it might have to do with the latest tModLoader updates, but take my words with a grain of salt, I'm not a skilled modder.
fD9JEWL.png
dGxhJ3K.png
How WeaponOut worked with IC in the past is because it did a bit of hacking to apply the shader correctly on the item. With the advent of 2.0 the codebase changed a lot (ShaderLib, so some code was modified in IC as well) so I expected this would happen. As I do not know of any feasible way to provide support from within Item Customizer at the moment, it's up to the author of WeaponOut to restore support. @Flashkirby99 could you maybe look into this? It shouldn't be too different from what you were doing before.

o_O
That shouldn't be happening. Make sure one of your other mods isn't causing it - I've heard that can happen sometimes.

How WeaponOut worked with IC in the past is because it did a bit of hacking to apply the shader correctly on the item. With the advent of 2.0 the codebase changed a lot (ShaderLib, so some code was modified in IC as well) so I expected this would happen. As I do not know of any feasible way to provide support from within Item Customizer at the moment, it's up to the author of WeaponOut to restore support. @Flashkirby99 could you maybe look into this? It shouldn't be too different from what you were doing before.

I understand. Thanks for the in-depth reply! I'll wait for an update, maybe disable WeaponOut's visuals until then because it bugs me so badly, haha.

No clue what's going on here. Might investigate into it, though as I don't have their source code to know how they're summoning bosses and why in the world that would conflict with my code, don't count on it.

I'm not sure why summoning bosses would conflict with your code either, but somethings up. Seems Fargo doesn't have his code on github from what i can find, but i believe there's a update in the works for the mod so you 'may' not need to do anything? *shrugs*

I really like your Item Customizer.. and i don't understand why it isn't in vanilla to begin with. Not being able to color weapons/items since dyes were first released has been my biggest complaint all these years, so id like to try and help. Though with my limited knowledge (none) with coding/programing, best i could probably try and do is contact Fargo on his discord and ask if he could maybe contact you? I donno, may be better if you handle that. I'm guessing maybe both mods are sharing the same id's or class names or something.

o_O
That shouldn't be happening. Make sure one of your other mods isn't causing it - I've heard that can happen sometimes.
Yup, it's on my todo list. I'll contact you when I get around to it :)

terraria overhaul bug whit Item Customizer it make the dye weapon dont appear when used it must be a rendering bug because of the way terraria overhaul render item when used

terraria overhaul bug whit Item Customizer it make the dye weapon dont appear when used it must be a rendering bug because of the way terraria overhaul render item when used

Maybe less of a bug, and more that the way Overhaul handles holding weapons doesn't support IC. Overhaul's code isn't 100% opensource yet, but there may be a possibility to have both mods work nicely together, but that would require that IC both cater to vanilla and Overhaul at the same time, or release a separate version of IC specifically for Overhaul. Or if Overhaul catered to IC.

I currently use both mods, and find myself not wanting to let go of either, no matter the incompatibilities lol. But if TGM thinks it wouldn't be too hard to do:
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...ul-gameplay-enhancements-and-much-more.60369/
There's a section on the mod's thread providing information to help modders workout compatibility issues, giving tags and a means to get the mods dlls.

So...I had this crazy thought the other day. Is it possible to get the dye shaders to work as paints? As in, putting dyes on blocks and furniture? I know it shouldn't matter for basic colours, but for the mixed and special dyes, there's not really any paint equivalent, with the exception of shadow and negative. I can't make my steaming animated cog walls a Metallic Copper, create a digital display with a "Skiphs's Blood" or Phase effects, create a planetarium with Twilight, nor even use a mixed colour to get more detailed colouration on furniture than just painting different sections a stripe of something else. So it would be really cool if the dyes that didn't have some condition dependant on player state could be turned into paints.

new update make itemcustmizer can use in multiplayer but it also make my weapon cant shoot sometimes ,plz fix it ,thx

Seems like Item Customiser doesn't like to play nice with Magic Storage, although MS is a little outdated (in that it's not made for the most recent tModLoader).

EDIT for clarification: my boyfriend and I play multiplayer, and his game has crashed twice now when interacting with a storage heart while having Item Customiser active. I tested it out in another world and it didn't occur to me, so I'm not sure?? I did get some text, though.

Last edited:
so i've made a rather large dye mod with shader library(Dye Hard), and @Yoma Amaya found that dyes added using shader lib don't apply to accessories added by mods correctly.
i tested it with calamity's Skyline Wings and secret dyes' Plaid Dye and it defaults to a different shader (Red Dye)
1BeIxw3.png

it works on any vanilla accessories just fine though.
hope this helps some what with fixing this bug.

Last edited:
found that dyes added using shader lib don't apply to accessories added by mods correctly.
i tested it with calamity's Skyline Wings and secret dyes' Plaid Dye and it defaults to a different shader (Red Dye)
Hmm, that's strange. I remember there being an issue with Wing Slot, but yours is clearly in a vanilla slot.
I'll have to look into it when I have time.

Your mod looks really cool; I'm glad that someone else finally created something using my library! Didn't know about the 256th dye error, I may have to look into that too.

I'm aware that much of what my library does is hacky and is prone to errors (even after 2.0), so reports like these are very helpful.
If you have to create workarounds like your "dummy dye" to get my library to work right, or if a feature is lacking, or anything else, please don't hesitate to report it! Even better than posting it here, you can post an issue on ShaderLib's Github repo, which will send me an email informing me of whatever you've discovered ;)

EDIT: If any modded accessories don't work with modded dyes, the only explanation I have is that the accessory in question modifies how it is normally drawn. Testing with anything else has worked just fine.

Last edited:
so i've made a rather large dye mod with shader library(Dye Hard), and @Yoma Amaya found that dyes added using shader lib don't apply to accessories added by mods correctly.
hope this helps some what with fixing this bug.
If any modded accessories don't work with modded dyes, the only explanation I have is that the accessory in question modifies how it is normally drawn. Testing with anything else has worked just fine.

is still get this error with example mod's example wings and example shield and plaid dye from secret dyes
only other mods that are active are shader lib and cheat sheet.
i'll be sure to use github for further issues. thank you for the help so far though!

Help, it turn out that this mod is preventing me from using boss "modded" summon. I really like this mod but I don't want to remove this in order to use boss, can you please fix this? It's really annoying and can often test your patience.

Help, it turn out that this mod is preventing me from using boss "modded" summon. I really like this mod but I don't want to remove this in order to use boss, can you please fix this? It's really annoying and can often test your patience.
I'm sorry, could you please elaborate? Which mod adds the summon? Which summon is it? Exactly which mod of mine do you have installed that breaks the summoning? Are there any error logs? Are you certain that it's my mods breaking it, and that the boss isn't just broken?

ShaderLib and related mods do not do anything related to boss summons, so it is likely that the issue is on the other mod's end.

Back
Top Bottom