tModLoader Split Screen Mod

Add multiple mice + keyboards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey, so I've been trying to use your mod, but when I start a game, the menu doesn't show up at all, even with all other mods disabled
When you enable the mod, try exiting the game and re-launching. Reloading seems to cause some bugs.

I can't type in my character name or my IP adress. It seems that my keyboard is disabled with this mod. Any way to fix this?

I can't type in my character name or my IP adress. It seems that my keyboard is disabled with this mod. Any way to fix this?
Try disabling the mod, then hosting the server on one window and connecting on another window. (The IP should be saved now). Close both, enable the mod, close again. Now the normal instructions should work :)

Try disabling the mod, then hosting the server on one window and connecting on another window. (The IP should be saved now). Close both, enable the mod, close again. Now the normal instructions should work :)
I also have trouble typing in anything, I was able to connect to the server using copy and paste instead of directly typing, and the IP is saved, but is there a way to type because I use the Recipe Browser mod and its difficult to use the mod without typing. I already tried disabling and re-enabling the mod. Not being able to type isn't too bothersome, but is there a fix for that?

When you enable the mod, try exiting the game and re-launching. Reloading seems to cause some bugs.
I've done that atleast 50 times now lol. Edit 1: it's working today again for some reason
Edit 2: Scratch that, I had to relaunch the game and it ended up not working again.
[doublepost=1531353502,1531353418][/doublepost]
I also have trouble typing in anything, I was able to connect to the server using copy and paste instead of directly typing, and the IP is saved, but is there a way to type because I use the Recipe Browser mod and its difficult to use the mod without typing. I already tried disabling and re-enabling the mod. Not being able to type isn't too bothersome, but is there a fix for that?
This happened to me also, it happens even when every mod is disabled. I asked about it on the tmodloader discord but they just ignored me. Reinstalling every single thing possible also doesn't help it.

Last edited:
I've done that atleast 50 times now lol. Edit 1: it's working today again for some reason
Edit 2: Scratch that, I had to relaunch the game and it ended up not working again.
[doublepost=1531353502,1531353418][/doublepost]
This happened to me also, it happens even when every mod is disabled. I asked about it on the tmodloader discord but they just ignored me. Reinstalling every single thing possible also doesn't help it.
Are you hosting/connecting to a server? If you start a singleplayer world, the menu will not open.

Hopefully this is fixed in 2.0.1 :)
[doublepost=1531503931,1531503837][/doublepost]
Yes, I'm making a server.
Do you have any anti-virus programs that might be blocking the mod from running? If you do, try adding an exception.
Also on the main menu, when you press F6 does the window borders toggle? If they don't, the mod must not have loaded correctly.

It's not only that the keyboard doesn't work. My mouse also does some weird stuff when the mod is enabled, for example the wheel doesn't work properly, or the other buttons apart from the left and right click don't work, and I use those buttons a lot so is pretty annoying. I hope this is fixed soon because your mod is awesome, I can finally play with my brother thanks to you :)

Hopefully this is fixed in 2.0.1 :)
[doublepost=1531503931,1531503837][/doublepost]
Do you have any anti-virus programs that might be blocking the mod from running? If you do, try adding an exception.
Also on the main menu, when you press F6 does the window borders toggle? If they don't, the mod must not have loaded correctly.
It goes between working and not, like yesterday I opened Terraria to see if it would work, and it did on one, so I launched another and it didn't work on that one. Then if I relaunch Terraria again it stops showing up. I don't have an antivirus, and changing display settings doesn't help.
[doublepost=1531525321][/doublepost]
It's not only that the keyboard doesn't work. My mouse also does some weird stuff when the mod is enabled, for example the wheel doesn't work properly, or the other buttons apart from the left and right click don't work, and I use those buttons a lot so is pretty annoying. I hope this is fixed soon because your mod is awesome, I can finally play with my brother thanks to you :)
Yeah the mouse wheel one really annoys me lol

I'm having problems attaching a mouse.
I click on the attach mouse button, then when it says click again I do, but then the cursor gets stuck at the top left corner of the window and doesn't move.

I click on the attach mouse button, then when it says click again I do, but then the cursor gets stuck at the top left corner of the window and doesn't move.
When the mod was working for me, all i had to do was switch windows and come back to it.

This is normal if you click No on the Lock Mouse? menu. The last player will have to click Yes on the Lock Mouse? menu, and once they have attached their mouse everyone's window will start working.

It goes between working and not, like yesterday I opened Terraria to see if it would work, and it did on one, so I launched another and it didn't work on that one. Then if I relaunch Terraria again it stops showing up. I don't have an antivirus, and changing display settings doesn't help.
[doublepost=1531525321][/doublepost]
Yeah the mouse wheel one really annoys me lol
Make sure you have launched all the windows before hosting/joining the server

When the mod was working for me, all i had to do was switch windows and come back to it.
It turns out I was misinterpreting one of the steps like an idiot. Everything works fine now, thanks.

This is the most INSANE thing I have ever seen... I do have to ask though, can I set two tabs to both use the same keyboard and mosue? If so... single play co-op, here I come!

Back
Top Bottom