Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

grealm, thorium, split mod, spirit mod, helpful npcs, alchemist npc, ore seeds, simple auto chests, extra gunslinger gear, insigt reborn, magic storage, boss health bar, what mod is this from and recipe browser
i get this in multiplayer during old ones army, mods are the ones listed above, teleporting goblins, and in later stages, server freezes, we all time out.
Again, you gotta narrow it down to 1 or 2 mods or noone can do anything with your bug report.

So now I have gotten here, with many questions,
Ill now post some spoilers of other people's replies who have the same issue
KiwiSensei, Yesterday at 7:21 PM
Adding myself to this list, updated Calamity, crash on hardmode generation (I see the chat, crashes after about 5 seconds), also found a separate thread regarding the same issue. Someone there suggested downloading the previous version to beat WoF (disabling would prevent the post-WoF events from happening), however I can't find a way to download an old version either so I'm stumped atm.

Edit: Backed up world, disabled Calamity, defeated WoF and transition to HM went just fine.

Edit 2: Tried with everything enabled on a new world, still worked fine, seems to be something related to Calamity specifically on the other save, not sure what it could be though.

Edit 3 (Yeah, another one): Disabled Calamity, beat WoF on the problematic world. Then enabled it and beat it again, hoping it would trigger the events. It did, and no crash. My guess is that too many things were trying to trigger at once upon entering HM and it went over Terraria's memory limitation. It's a medium sized world and the test world was a small one which could explain that less things were happening all at once. Might explain why some users experience it and others don't, could just be a case of too many mods trying to enable HM events at once, combined with vanilla events and world size.
And then some replied to him like this
tankedup13, Today at 12:51 AM
Calamity is not the cause of the crash, Tmodloader itself is, Calamity however was the first mod to use the feature that caused it to crash.
Then I asked why cant calamity revert back to the previous version or take out the feature,
then I got this answer
Melster, Today at 3:12 AM
tModLoader is gonna fix that in the next update.
Now my question to tModLoader is,
Is this all true and If yes, when will the next update come?

grealm, thorium, split mod, spirit mod, helpful npcs, alchemist npc, ore seeds, simple auto chests, extra gunslinger gear, insigt reborn, magic storage, boss health bar, what mod is this from and recipe browser
i get this in multiplayer during old ones army, mods are the ones listed above, teleporting goblins, and in later stages, server freezes, we all time out.
i know, i gotta get some help with mp testing if thats the case

Adding myself to this list, updated Calamity, crash on hardmode generation (I see the chat, crashes after about 5 seconds), also found a separate thread regarding the same issue. Someone there suggested downloading the previous version to beat WoF (disabling would prevent the post-WoF events from happening), however I can't find a way to download an old version either so I'm stumped atm.

Edit: Backed up world, disabled Calamity, defeated WoF and transition to HM went just fine.

Edit 2: Tried with everything enabled on a new world, still worked fine, seems to be something related to Calamity specifically on the other save, not sure what it could be though.

Edit 3 (Yeah, another one): Disabled Calamity, beat WoF on the problematic world. Then enabled it and beat it again, hoping it would trigger the events. It did, and no crash. My guess is that too many things were trying to trigger at once upon entering HM and it went over Terraria's memory limitation. It's a medium sized world and the test world was a small one which could explain that less things were happening all at once. Might explain why some users experience it and others don't, could just be a case of too many mods trying to enable HM events at once, combined with vanilla events and world size.
Calamity is not the cause of the crash, Tmodloader itself is, Calamity however was the first mod to use the feature that caused it to crash.
Then I asked why cant calamity revert back to the previous version or take out the feature,
then I got this answer
It'll come out when the developers feel like everything is good, which hopefully, will be pretty soon

then I got this answer
Yes, there was a bug in tML. We already located it and fixed it. As far as I'm aware, calamity has released an update to address the issue for now.

Yes, there was a bug in tML. We already located it and fixed it. As far as I'm aware, calamity has released an update to address the issue for now.
But you guys havent released the fixed version yet? And calamity hasn't released a update yet. So Im still at the issue of me crashing when WoF dies

Hey, there is this issue where i can't use event summons, Example:Goblin Battle Standard Doesen't Work when i click it.
Hopefully you can fix this in your next update.

v0.10.1.5
-API
--Added new UpdateAutopause hook
--Added new CanChat hook to GlobalNPC and ModNPC
--Added PreChatButtonClicked and OnChatButtonClicked hooks to GlobalNPC
--Updated SetupStartInventory with an additional flag for mediumcore death. Please update your obsolete overload.
-Fixes
--Fixed a random error during loading mods (The dictionary insert error)
--Fixed shop price losing its color in some occasions
--Fixed drawable tooltip lines not being overruled by override color
--Fixed entities being updated while world is loading
--Fixed a bug where mod browser sort mode would revert unintentionally
--Fixed ModWall.AddMapEntry for ModTranslation overload
--Fixed mouseover hitbox for animated items
--Fixed unpacking mods not correctly converting .rawimg back to .png files
--Fixed some launch parameters from not running correctly on server. This affects compile messages
--Fixed a ConsumeItem error when placing the last item in a stack
-QOL
--Updated mod browser icons
--Added a line saying "No mods found" to the browser if no mods were found
--Added options to the menu to remove forced minimum zoom and allow greater resolution in internal graphics device
--Added "Update modpack with current mods" option for modpacks
--Implemented a performance boost by caching item.material
--More localization updates
--New -tmlsavedirectory command line switch that acts like -savedirectory except without the automatic "ModLoader" folder appended.
-Example Mod
--Fixed ExampleJavelin's droprate in multiplayer
--AdvancedDust shows off complex dust movement and Dust.customData
--ExamepleWorld.ModifyWorldGenTasks now a better example of code organization
--DeathAnimation ModNPC shows off death animation and shader usage.
--SimpleModPlayer to teach ModPlayer basics.
-Patreon Thanks
--Thanks so much to our Golem level Patrons.
--Added Remeus', Orian's and Saethar's patron sets
--Fixed some issues with existing patron sets
-Contributor Thanks
--Many of the new features and fixes were implemented or fixed by contributors.
Thanks to @Leemyy , @DarkLight66 , @Flashkirby , and @orian34 for their contributions towards this release.

v0.10.1.5
-API
--Added new UpdateAutopause hook
--Added new CanChat hook to GlobalNPC and ModNPC
--Added PreChatButtonClicked and OnChatButtonClicked hooks to GlobalNPC
--Updated SetupStartInventory with an additional flag for mediumcore death. Please update your obsolete overload.
-Fixes
--Fixed a random error during loading mods (The dictionary insert error)
--Fixed shop price losing its color in some occasions
--Fixed drawable tooltip lines not being overruled by override color
--Fixed entities being updated while world is loading
--Fixed a bug where mod browser sort mode would revert unintentionally
--Fixed ModWall.AddMapEntry for ModTranslation overload
--Fixed mouseover hitbox for animated items
--Fixed unpacking mods not correctly converting .rawimg back to .png files
--Fixed some launch parameters from not running correctly on server. This affects compile messages
--Fixed a ConsumeItem error when placing the last item in a stack
-QOL
--Updated mod browser icons
--Added a line saying "No mods found" to the browser if no mods were found
--Added options to the menu to remove forced minimum zoom and allow greater resolution in internal graphics device
--Added "Update modpack with current mods" option for modpacks
--Implemented a performance boost by caching item.material
--More localization updates
--New -tmlsavedirectory command line switch that acts like -savedirectory except without the automatic "ModLoader" folder appended.
-Example Mod
--Fixed ExampleJavelin's droprate in multiplayer
--AdvancedDust shows off complex dust movement and Dust.customData
--ExamepleWorld.ModifyWorldGenTasks now a better example of code organization
--DeathAnimation ModNPC shows off death animation and shader usage.
--SimpleModPlayer to teach ModPlayer basics.
-Patreon Thanks
--Thanks so much to our Golem level Patrons.
--Added Remeus', Orian's and Saethar's patron sets
--Fixed some issues with existing patron sets
-Contributor Thanks
--Many of the new features and fixes were implemented or fixed by contributors.
Thanks to @Leemyy , @DarkLight66 , @Flashkirby , and @orian34 for their contributions towards this release.
None of this fixed my issue.

I keep trying to update tmodloader but it’s not working. I put the new files for tmodloader where they need to be and then I try to play terraria but I see that I’m still stuck on an older version

I’m on version v0.10.1.3

I keep trying to update tmodloader but it’s not working. I put the new files for tmodloader where they need to be and then I try to play terraria but I see that I’m still stuck on an older version

I’m on version v0.10.1.3
verify your game cache then install the new version.

Back
Top Bottom