tModLoader Pinky's content pack

Using the Deathly Mirror when not have died seems to teleport straight down and beyond the bottom of Hell and lock you out if the settings button isn't visible at the time

Last edited:
So, the Heart of the Cavern is meant to be fought Pre-Hardmode, right?
Why does it act like a post-mech boss, then?

Just don't add the tile requirement line & that should work. Also use `TileID.` for readability instead of magic numbers(Recipe.AddTile(0, ...) is not very descriptive)
Yeah, there is no tile requirement. It shows up for me as no tile required. Don't know why it shows up for her as needing a dirt block.

The power levels in your mod seem way out of line with both base Terraria and other mods. I'm running Thorium, Calamity, Enigma, and yours, and the only other mod that's even worth touching any gear from is Enigma. It's cool if you intentionally tuned your items to be insanely OP, but I trivialize bosses if I use them. Ordinarily tough bosses like Skeletron and the Perforators crumble easily without using potions or building arenas.

The only exception to trivialized content so far would be one of your own bosses, the Sunlight Trader. The boss checklist says it's right after Skeletron, but the fight's probably up there with the Twins. The damage is off the charts ridiculous, especially given how many projectiles are being spammed all over the screen constantly. In addition, both bosses in the fight are very mobile and spend most of their time either off the screen or under the ground. The second one has the added annoyance of being tiny, which makes it an even harder target. Please keep in mind that Terraria's bosses have large models for a reason, especially when they're very mobile. Missing 20 shots in a row against a tiny target that's rapidly dashing up and down across the screen is no fun. I barely killed them both on my second try using potions, but it's important to note that I had hardmode levels of maneuverability, defense, and damage.

For specifics on OP gear, the Specullent armor, Quiver Cannon, and Fostivience are far better than any other gear I can make at this point. Others like the Divine Staff might also be, but I haven't had a chance to test everything. I want to be clear that I like the mechanics of the gear and enemies I've seen in the mod so far. My only issue is with the balance.
Ye, i'll definitely nerf the items. I nerfed them once already, but its time for 10 more! As for ST, I might nerf his health.

Using the Deathly Mirror when not have died seems to teleport straight down and beyond the bottom of Hell and lock you out if the settings button isn't visible at the time
Noted with thanks. +1 to my growing list of bugs. Might have a VU85 for a hotfix w/ nerfs but I'm barred from modding for now by my parents cos school work more important so ye

So, the Heart of the Cavern is meant to be fought Pre-Hardmode, right?
Why does it act like a post-mech boss, then?
I found him difficult too. He keeps me down to like 100 hp from phase 2 onwards. But I can't nerf him because once again, the guy who made HOTC idea is going to get me kill(Or maybe I can sneak it...) for now, just keep practicing cough

Update: I can't update the main thread because it got flagged for suspicious and blocked by chrome for some reason. Maybe its time to switch back to internet explorer.

Update 2: I'm going to start a poll for if I should nerf/buff/keep some bosses the same when I can finally edit the post and set up the new discord. (and my hyper-important homeworks are done)

Update 2: I'm going to start a poll for if I should nerf/buff/keep some bosses the same when I can finally edit the post and set up the new discord. (and my hyper-important homeworks are done)

The power level of the bosses isn't nearly as important as where you place them in progression. If your boss is more powerful than the Twins, don't have players fight it immediately after Skeletron. I don't care if all your bosses are more powerful than Moon Lord. Just have me fight them after Moon Lord if they are.

Sunlight Trader, for example, is fundamentally different from every boss in base Terraria. The level and type of projectile spam you're using simply doesn't exist in the base game. Combine that with the bosses typically being untargetable due to being off screen or underground and having attacks that hit for over 100 damage, and you have a boss that's an absolute nightmare. The fight would be difficult even in early hardmode. For some reason, though, you placed that boss immediately after Skeletron. Just the mechanics of the fight, the level of projectile spam, and the complexity would place it somewhere late in hardmode. Boss fights should become more complex as the game progresses.

Nerfing the life slightly, as you said you might do, will do nothing to fix the issues with the fight. For starters, it's not fun when the boss you're fighting is off screen or underground constantly. Regardless of whatever else you change, I highly recommend you stop that from happening. Players always need to be able to interact with the boss in some way during the fights. The damage is also far too high for the bullet hell nature of the fight. Tracking projectiles that hit for over 100? Constant streams of projectiles multiple screens long that make avoiding damage nearly impossible, and which also have knockback that can let the even more deadly projectiles hit you? Then there's the tiny, highly mobile boss with a hitbox you simply can't hit most of the time. It's just too much.

Again, though, it's your boss fight. You can obviously tune it however you want. I'll just end by saying that when I went back to fight those two bosses a third time to see what else drops, I ended up uninstalling the mod halfway through the fight. Being punished by OP bosses placed far too early in progression is not the experience I'm looking for.

The power level of the bosses isn't nearly as important as where you place them in progression. If your boss is more powerful than the Twins, don't have players fight it immediately after Skeletron. I don't care if all your bosses are more powerful than Moon Lord. Just have me fight them after Moon Lord if they are.

Sunlight Trader, for example, is fundamentally different from every boss in base Terraria. The level and type of projectile spam you're using simply doesn't exist in the base game. Combine that with the bosses typically being untargetable due to being off screen or underground and having attacks that hit for over 100 damage, and you have a boss that's an absolute nightmare. The fight would be difficult even in early hardmode. For some reason, though, you placed that boss immediately after Skeletron. Just the mechanics of the fight, the level of projectile spam, and the complexity would place it somewhere late in hardmode. Boss fights should become more complex as the game progresses.

Nerfing the life slightly, as you said you might do, will do nothing to fix the issues with the fight. For starters, it's not fun when the boss you're fighting is off screen or underground constantly. Regardless of whatever else you change, I highly recommend you stop that from happening. Players always need to be able to interact with the boss in some way during the fights. The damage is also far too high for the bullet hell nature of the fight. Tracking projectiles that hit for over 100? Constant streams of projectiles multiple screens long that make avoiding damage nearly impossible, and which also have knockback that can let the even more deadly projectiles hit you? Then there's the tiny, highly mobile boss with a hitbox you simply can't hit most of the time. It's just too much.

Again, though, it's your boss fight. You can obviously tune it however you want. I'll just end by saying that when I went back to fight those two bosses a third time to see what else drops, I ended up uninstalling the mod halfway through the fight. Being punished by OP bosses placed far too early in progression is not the experience I'm looking for.
Not blaming you but, you don't necessarily have to stick to the progression, and the items it drops is relevant into hardmode. Anyways, I think I will nerf ST to some extent either way. Also, I'm just curious, what is your setup for the fight?

you don't necessarily have to stick to the progression

Sure. Shouldn't your bosses be placed at the appropriate point in progression so I'm not forced to do that, though? I can choose to fight Skeletron before any other boss if I want to, but there'd still be a problem if I had to do that because King Slime and Eye of Cthulhu were more powerful than Wall of Flesh.

Also, I'm just curious, what is your setup for the fight?

From your mod I was using Specullent armor, Quiver Cannon with Frostburn arrows, the wings, and some shield accessory. From Enigma I was using the Hunter Soul Stone (range + utility) for insane mobility, plus extra damage, defense, and life. I also had the Enigma mod's Gaea's World, which shoots high damage, multi-hit projectiles that go through blocks and track enemies. Gaea's World is insanely OP, but still worse than the Quiver Cannon when the boss isn't off screen, underground, or too tiny to hit with weapons that require targeting (which admittedly isn't very often). My other accessories were Frostspark Boots and an Obsidian Shield. Everything was reforged to have top rolls.

I can tell that you're a big fan of Dark Souls III. I am too, that's how I got the references. Profaned Greatsword? One of my favorite. and all the other references I got too. :D

I found him difficult too. He keeps me down to like 100 hp from phase 2 onwards. But I can't nerf him because once again, the guy who made HOTC idea is going to get me kill(Or maybe I can sneak it...) for now, just keep practicing cough
I have solutions!
Just add ingredients from later parts of the game. Then you have less need to nerf! (it's small because it's too easy and lame imo)
Or just decrease the damage of the gem bolts by a little bit and decrease the spawnrate for the little enemies.
more: the little enemies have lots of health
Update: I can't update the main thread because it got flagged for suspicious and blocked by chrome for some reason. Maybe its time to switch back to internet explorer.
I just tested, this doesn't happen.

Last edited:
I have solutions!
Just add ingredients from later parts of the game. Then you have less need to nerf! (it's small because it's too easy and lame imo)
Or just decrease the damage of the gem bolts by a little bit and decrease the spawnrate for the little enemies.
more: the little enemies have lots of health

I just tested, this doesn't happen.
Yeah, I know, it just happens for me, as in the blocked by chrome thing

I see the seemingly misplaced position of the Heart of the Cavern has been brought up already. It being in the boss-checklist before Calamity's Slime God is a bit odd, since slime god was beat-able within progression standards, where as the Heart only went down a sixth of max hp when I tried-- Regardless, I'll bring a small bug about the boss checklist to your attention. Apparantely when you beat the sunlight trader, the heart of the cavern also gets checked off. This was before I even touched the heart's spawn item.

I see the seemingly misplaced position of the Heart of the Cavern has been brought up already. It being in the boss-checklist before Calamity's Slime God is a bit odd, since slime god was beat-able within progression standards, where as the Heart only went down a sixth of max hp when I tried-- Regardless, I'll bring a small bug about the boss checklist to your attention. Apparantely when you beat the sunlight trader, the heart of the cavern also gets checked off. This was before I even touched the heart's spawn item.
Noted with thanks, will fix the bug ASAP.

Ok, so I have some time to work on the mod now. I will fix all the bugs mentioned(try to at least) and get to work on a PNG->in-game Generated Structure system and the base of the Starbound-like mission system. Might post my progress here if any.

Dude, I love your mod. The Heart of The Cavern blew me away. The embertide is the most fun weapon i have ever wielded. Keep up the good work m8. :happy:

Hey, Linx. This is a really good mod!
Are you interested in adding other languages? For example, Chinese. I think I can help you. :D
Sorry but while I am interested, I really don't know how this is going to play out : ' ) I might start a private conversation if I think I can handle a translator on 'my team'. And fun fact, I actually speak Chinese myself but not very well. Thanks for the suggestion anyways!

Dude, I love your mod. The Heart of The Cavern blew me away. The embertide is the most fun weapon i have ever wielded. Keep up the good work m8. :happy:
Tysm!

So...the psychorana. That's quite a thing... :)
I'm amazed that someone actually discovered the true final boss of the mod. After all, the only way to summon it is to defeat the superboss known as the Green Slime, which can kill 5 colgate calamitas and solo C0rrupture. I never expected anyone to find out that it's weakness is the copper shortsword(Well, I ruined it, but nevermind, you'll still take 10 years to even figure out how to spawn a Green Slime). So anyways, good luck on defeating the Psychoranha. It is a true challenge that I designed so as to counter the very flaws of human nature itself from both a neurological, philosophical, majyykal and psychological viewpoint, which apparently is the weakness to big eyeball laser fish imagery.

Or you could just use cheat engine

___

On a serious note, NEW DISCORD IS OUT:

https://discord.gg/tHbexEV

And if you are a harpy, forget about joining it. Uh, Valdaris is exempt from this. He gets to stay.

index.php

'Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Attachments

• bigbird.png
    bigbird.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 877
I'm amazed that someone actually discovered the true final boss of the mod. After all, the only way to summon it is to defeat the superboss known as the Green Slime, which can kill 5 colgate calamitas and solo C0rrupture. I never expected anyone to find out that it's weakness is the copper shortsword(Well, I ruined it, but nevermind, you'll still take 10 years to even figure out how to spawn a Green Slime). So anyways, good luck on defeating the Psychoranha. It is a true challenge that I designed so as to counter the very flaws of human nature itself from both a neurological, philosophical, majyykal and psychological viewpoint, which apparently is the weakness to big eyeball laser fish imagery.

Or you could just use cheat engine

It was quite by accident actually. I was farming in the jungle for an item from another mod. The spawn rates were low so I decided to use the LUIAFK ultimate battler. The moment I did, a red beam like a railgun one shot me immediately. I was flabbergasted. I am post M/L with armor and accessories to match so saying I was surprised would be an understatement. The most confusing part for me was I couldn't see what had fired the thing. This happened atleast three more times. In my head I made up a demonic, titanic creature that fills the screen. And then I saw it...flopping on land like a dying fish beside a pool of water it couldn't get into.

I had a good laugh later.

Ps- I enjoy the humor in your content. Keep it up.

Mythril Slime is annoying. I'll be building a house and then a giant blob is trying to murder me. Fortunately I'm using Calamity too and know how to properly use Lul.

Back
Top Bottom