tModLoader The Enigma Mod

How do you activate effects like Featherfall, Spelunker, Hunter and Dangersense with Stones and Gems? The Spelunker crystal for example says that, on later upgrades, I will have to "use" to activate the effect, but I have no idea what to use and how. Using the gems and stones with left click has no effect, and neither has toggling visuals on and off; also tried the mod's added hotkeys out but nothing works. Is this bugged or am I just dumb?

Could you make it so Ragnar becomes immune to damage if we're not in the biome instead of instantly despawning? It'd be nice to fight him on the surface instead of having to spend time clearing out space for the fight underground.

How do you activate effects like Featherfall, Spelunker, Hunter and Dangersense with Stones and Gems? The Spelunker crystal for example says that, on later upgrades, I will have to "use" to activate the effect, but I have no idea what to use and how. Using the gems and stones with left click has no effect, and neither has toggling visuals on and off; also tried the mod's added hotkeys out but nothing works. Is this bugged or am I just dumb?
They should be activated by default. However if they aren't, when you use them (Use as in the same way as you use a life crystal or mana crystal- holding it with your mouse or selecting it in your hotbar and left clicking) they will display whether they are on or not. if they still do not display when you have them on true, that means your toggle visuals hotkey has been changed, so just switch that one. I'm going to add a display to show what state your "toggle visuals" hotkey is in as well in the next update, so hopefully it will be more intuitive then.
[doublepost=1531316658,1531316551][/doublepost]
Could you make it so Ragnar becomes immune to damage if we're not in the biome instead of instantly despawning? It'd be nice to fight him on the surface instead of having to spend time clearing out space for the fight underground.
That's not a bad idea actually. I'll try that for the next patch.

i think a good idea would be if that when you fight Etheria in the ethereal biome/world, would be that he would be immune to time stop from the The World item. he does after all say that this is his world. if you could that would be a nice touch but regardless having fun with the mod

dang, that sentence is a cluster of death for the brain in words

Last edited:
i am not too sure which boss/event gave this to me but on my warrior class soul stone i have +8% magic, minion, and mystic damage... for more reference the color of the text is blue if that helps at all

i am not too sure which boss/event gave this to me but on my warrior class soul stone i have +8% magic, minion, and mystic damage... for more reference the color of the text is blue if that helps at all
oh boi, that shouldn't happen. I think the bonuses got flipped at some point...

Scratching my head at this. How do you get gears? I've looked in my recipe browser but can't find anything related to crafting it or it dropping from an enemy.

Scratching my head at this. How do you get gears? I've looked in my recipe browser but can't find anything related to crafting it or it dropping from an enemy.
if you are talking about the item that says they are like cogs but better, they are sold from the conductor NPC after you kill the three steampunk bosses and that NPC spawns after you kill the steampunk bosses(bosses of the mod)

Hey for some reason the TVs from the Antenna are not attacking white cultist archers. I thought that was a mod mob and maybe that was the problem but it is from vanilla, a mob that does not spawn or something. But there is a mod (i can't figure wich one yet) that makes it spawn a lot. And the TVs are not attacking them, it is a bit annoying.
It also happens with other mobs too.

Hey for some reason the TVs from the Antenna are not attacking white cultist archers. I thought that was a mod mob and maybe that was the problem but it is from vanilla, a mob that does not spawn or something. But there is a mod (i can't figure wich one yet) that makes it spawn a lot. And the TVs are not attacking them, it is a bit annoying.
It also happens with other mobs too.
If the mobds are not hostile, the TVs wont attack them

Welcome to Enigma!
Explore a world of Mystics and Magic, of Change and Challenge, of Souls and Steampunk!
Current Content:
New Level-Up System: The Soul Stone

View attachment 176734
The Soul Stone is Crafted at an View attachment 203555 Alchemical Infuser with a Life Crystal and Mana Star.
View attachment 203556
Bind your Soul to it by using any of the Class Stones, crafted from a gemstone pertaining to the class, and a Fallen Star.

How it Works:
Every vanilla boss in the game is given multiple potential "Bonuses" to pick from. The Class Stone that binds your Soul to the Soul Stone is used to determine which of these bonuses you will obtain. The bonuses for every boss are themed around the boss themselves, so not every class will have a useful bonus from every boss (this is a balancing feature to make the Soul Stone not become too overpowered too quickly). However, nearly every boss has a selection of bonuses that are useful to every class in some way, so explore different subclasses and discover all the bonus combinations!

New types of Alchemy: Fusion and Transmutation
View attachment 203555At the Alchemical Infuser, you can combine 4 of any healing, Mana, or Buff potion into a Potion Gem. These potion gems are wearable accessories, and many of them stack with their potion counterparts.
View attachment 203557 The Crystaline Infuser allows you to combine certain Gems into Crystals that have the combined effects of all the Gems used to craft them. These stack with their Gem and Potion counterparts.
View attachment 203558 The Mineral Enchanter allows you to combine Crystals into Stones that have the combined effects of all the Crystals used to craft them. These stack with their Crystal, Gem, and Potion counterparts.
View attachment 203559 The Ancient Enchanter allows you to combine Stones into Relics that have the combined effects of all the Stones used to craft them. These stack with their Stone, Crystal, Gem, and Potion counterparts.
You can combine Relics into Artifacts at an Ancient Manipulator to have the combined effects of nearly all potions. These stack with all previous tiers as well.
View attachment 203560 The Transmutation Table allows you to transmute metals to higher or lower tiers. (You can turn Copper into Titanium! It's like, 150 to 1 though. And you have to be in Hardmode.)
It also allows you to transmute Corruption and Crimson items into their other evil counterparts, i.e.: Cursed Flames to Ichor, Band of Starpower to Panic Necklace, etc.

Bosses!
The Pre-Trio!
View attachment 203561 Dune Sharkron is fought after the Eye of Cthulhu in the Desert (Or anywhere, really. He just gets mad if he's not in his home biome ;D). His summon item is the View attachment 203565 Tasty Morsel, which is dropped upon defeating the Eye, but can also be crafted from lenses and rotten chunks/vertebrae. Dune Sharkron is quick, and will easily catch up to you if you don't have a way to move faster. He shoots Spikes that fly in 8 directions and Sandnadoes that home in on the player and toss you into the air.
Loot:
View attachment 203566 Dune Sharkron can drop any item from Pyramid Chests, as well as Ancient Shards. Ancient Shards are used in many crafting recipes for Magic, Summoner, and Mystic items.
His expert drop is Pyramind, which increases Max Mana by 40 and Max Summons by 1, and releases a Sandstorm when you are struck.
View attachment 203562 Hypothema is fought after the Eater of Worlds in the Ice biome. Her summon item is the View attachment 203567 Chilled Mesh, which is crafted from Chilled Bars (that can themselves be made from Demonite/Crimtane bars and Ice and Snow). Hypothema can fly high and low, so if you do not prepare a way to have good air mobility, you'll have a bad time. She shoots slightly homing ice spikes, and very fast Ice Shards that will chase you down and inflict Frostburn and Chilled in Expert Mode.
Loot:
View attachment 203568 Hypothema can drop any item from Ice Chests, as well as Frost Shards. Frost Shards are used in many crafting recipes for Melee, Ranged, Mystic, and Thrown items, as well as for a dual class (Melee and Ranged) Armor Set. Her expert item, Frost Essence, increases Melee and Ranged crit chance, and releases Ice Shards when you are struck.
View attachment 203564Ragnar is fought after Queen Bee in the Obsidium biome. His summon item is the View attachment 203571 Molten Mess, which is crafted from Obsidium Bars. Ragnar will fly around, launching rocks at the player from above and below, so prepare enough space to move around!
Loot:
View attachment 203569 Ragnar can drop any item from Cavern Golden Chests, as well as Magmatic Shards, which are used in many crafting recipes for all kinds of items, but especially Mystic ones. His expert item, the Molten Core, makes attacks inflict 'On Fire!', gives 4 defense, increases Throwing velocity and Mystic duration, and releases rock bursts when you are hit.

The Rock Twins!
View attachment 203574 Dioritus and Andesia are fought right before the Wall of Flesh in the Cavern Layer (though I suggest a Granite biome, since they are usually already quite open and good arenas). Dioritus is summoned with an View attachment 203575 Ancient Awakener that is crafted from Marble and a Golden Key. Dioritus will call for his sister, so watch out! This fight is very intense, with many projectiles and debuffs that may catch you off guard if you aren't prepared!
Loot:
View attachment 203576 The Rock Twins drop their Cores, which are used in many crafting recipes for all kinds of items, including an early Hardmode armor set. Their Expert Item, The World, is one of the Tarot items added by Enigma that has a very special effect. It becomes more useful with the Core of AnDio item, which is craftable with just one of each of the cores.
Is that a motherf*****g JoJo's reference????

The Steam Trio!
View attachment 203580 The Annihilator is the first of the Steampunk Trio of bosses, and is fought at night, after the mech bosses are defeated. Its summon item is the View attachment 203577 Steam-O-Vision, and is crafted with Hallowed Bars, Lenses, Rotten Chunks/Vertebrae, and Souls of Sought and Haught, which drop from enemies in Space and the Underworld respectively, after entering Hardmode. Annihilator is a Steampunk equivalent of the Brain of Cthulhu, except instead of spawning with minions and then entering its second phase after you've killed them, it spawns minions periodically as its health decreases.
Loot:
View attachment 203583 Annihilator drops Steam Bars, as do all of the Steampunk Bosses, which are used to craft all Steampunk tier items. Souls of Thought are used in crafting recipes for a new Summon weapon, among various other crafts. The Expert drop, Cog of Knowledge, increases max minions by 2.
View attachment 203581 Slybertron is the second of the Steampunk Trio, and is also fought at night. Its summon item is the View attachment 203578 Steam Crown, which is crafted with Hallowed Bars, Gel, Cogs, and Souls of Haught. Slybertron is the Steampunk equivalent of King Slime, but if you think that means it will be an easy fight- well, you're in for a treat.
Loot:
View attachment 203585 Slybertron drops Steam Bars, as do all of the Steampunk Bosses, which are used to craft all Steampunk tier items. Souls of Fraught are used in crafting recipes for The Enginator and Coginators, which are both Thrown weapons, among many other crafts. The Expert drop, Pipeworks, gives a large boost to throwing damage and velocity.
View attachment 203582
CHOO CHOO!
Steam Train is the third boss of the Steampunk Trio, and can be fought any time of day. Its summon item is the View attachment 203579 Suspicious Train Whistle, which is crafted with Hallowed Bars, Cogs, and Souls of Sought. Steam Train flies across the screen at ludicrous speeds, so you better be on your toes!
Loot:
View attachment 203584 Steam Train drops Steam Bars, as do all of the Steampunk Bosses, which are used to craft all Steampunk tier items. Souls of Wrought are used in crafting recipes for Vulcan's Wrath, the Core of Mysticism, and many other recipes. The Expert drop, Steam Tank, increases Mystic damage, reduces Mystic Burst cooldown, and increases mobility.

Etheria!?
View attachment 203587 Etheria is fought at night after defeating Plantera. She is summoned with an View attachment 203588 Emblem of Etheria, which can be crafted with Spooky Wood and Ectoplasm.
'This seems like a terrible idea.'
Loot:
??? [See "The Etherial" for Spoilers]

The Etherial Dimension
Upon defeating Etheria, you are consumed and enter into a parallel plane of existence. In the Etherial Dimension, only entities that are powerful enough are visible and tangible- bosses and Etherial creatures to be exact. However, the Etherial dimension also gives them POWER! They are much stronger than before, with more health and more damage (and for the 1.0 release, new attack patterns as well!) Each boss now has a unique drop that greatly boosts your power while in the Etherial. To escape, you have to kill Etheria again, and you can craft her or any boss summon item with Etherial Essence, which drops from any enemy killed in the Etherial.
View attachment 203589 Etheria also drops The High Priestess once defeated in the Etherial dimension, which allows the player to enter and exit the Etherial at will.

Now if only there was a way to bring the Etherial power to the real world...

The Mystic Class
The Mystic class calls upon the artifacts forged by the Moldyrians, and protect the world from destruction with the power of mythologies from the gods of old and new.
Every Mystic weapon has 3 different "modes"- Destruction, Illusion, and Conjuration. (Switch modes by pressing the hotkey you assign. I suggest Right Click)
View attachment 203678 Destruction- 'Hell is your catalyst' Focuses on dealing high DPS, either to a single target, or to a group of targets (it changes depending on the weapon).
View attachment 203679 Illusion- 'The power of the mind is yours' Focuses on inflicting debuffs.
View attachment 203680 Conjuration- 'Draw energy from other worlds' Focuses on creating large amounts of projectiles.
Keywords-
-Mystic Duration: This increases the duration of the debuff inflicted by Illusion.
-Mystic Burst: These are effects are described in a way similar to "Unleash a ___ when changing Mysticism." Whenever you change Mysticism while holding a Mystic weapon, if you have any Mystic Burst effects, they will trigger- as long as they are not on cooldown.
-Power: Each Mysticism can be buffed in ways besides just damage increases. Power affects every weapon and Mysticism differently, but in general here is what happens-
Destruction Power- Increases Damage, Fire Rate, Knockback, and Projectile Speed.
Illusion Power- Multiplies the duration of the debuff. +1 Illusion power means an extra +100% times the duration. (So if you have +200% Mystic Duration and 2 Illusion power, your debuff duration would be 400% as long, since the Illusion Power multiplies by the Mystic Duration)
Conjuration Power- Increases the amount of projectiles created, or the duration projectiles last so that they can create more projectiles themselves.
View attachment 203666 Freya's Fley- Made from Glowing Mushrooms, harness the power of Freya, the Norse goddess of fertility.
View attachment 203667 Hermes' Flight- Harnessing the magic in Feathers, unleash the power of Hermes, the Greek messenger god.
View attachment 203668 Gaia's World- A staff of the Ancients crafted with gems from all over the world, wield the power of Gaia, the Greek goddess of life.
View attachment 203670 Yuletide- The soft side of an unyielding Frost, wield the power of Christmas Cheer.
View attachment 203669 Frigg's Phalanx- Fusing together the volatile life of Bees and Spores, the power of Frigg, the goddess of destiny, will lead your way.
View attachment 203671 Hades' Judgement- With a Magmatic Shard and bars forged in Hell, unleash the wrath of Hades, Greek god of the underworld, and banish your foes.
View attachment 203672 Cupid's Bow- With the blessings of the Hallow, wield the bow of Cupid, Roman god of love, and enchant your foes.
View attachment 203673 Loki's Staff- With the Cores of the Cavern Guardians and powerful bars of Titanium, forge the staff of Loki, Norse god of trickery, and bamboozle your foes.
View attachment 203674 Vulcan's Wrath- Forge Souls of Fraught and Bars of Steam together to wield the fury of Vulcan, Roman god of fire.
View attachment 203675 Pluto's Frost- With the chilling essence of another dimension, brandish the power of Pluto, Roman god of the underworld.
View attachment 203676 Gladius of The Great Moldyrian- Using fragments of the galaxy and otherworldy bars, call upon the strength of an artifact left by one of the Great Moldyrians to protect the world.
View attachment 203686 Shroom Armor- The Mystical powers of Glowing Mushrooms and Mud will aid you!
View attachment 203683 Jungle Hood- An alternate headpiece to the Jungle set that gives bonuses to the Mystic class. (Made from Jungle Spores and Hive blocks)
View attachment 203682 Obsidium Armor (with the Obsidium Helmet)- Forged from Obsidium Bars and a Magmatic Shard from the Guardian of the Obsidium.
View attachment 203684 AnDio Armor- A Throwing/Mystic Dual class armor that fuses the Cores of the Cavern Guardians with powerful Hardmode metals.
View attachment 203685 Steampunk Armor- After defeating the Steampunk bosses, dawn a set of well deserved Steampunk Armor!
View attachment 203687 Shroom Spore- Mystic Burst of Spores
View attachment 203688 Rune of the Ancients- Mystic Burst of Sandnadoes
View attachment 203689 Gaia's Gem- Increases Mystic Duration and reduces Mystic Burst cooldown
View attachment 203693 Eruption- Mystic Burst of Magma
View attachment 203691 Destruction Core- Increases Destruction Damage and Power
View attachment 203692 Illusion Core- Increases Illusion Damage and Power
View attachment 203690 Conjuration Core- Increases Conjuration Damage and Power
View attachment 203700 Molten Core- Increases Mystic Duration (and a lot of other utility effects)
View attachment 203694 Marblite- Increases Mystic Damage. Inflicts 'For Honor' and 'For Glory' when switching Mysticism
View attachment 203695 Rune of Eruption- Mystic Burst of Magmanadoes
View attachment 203697 Mystic Emblem- Increases Mystic Damage
View attachment 203699 Steam Tank- Increases Mystic Damage, reduces Mystic Burst Cooldown, and increases mobility
View attachment 203696 Core of Mysticism- Increases the Power of all Mysticisms by 1
View attachment 203698 Supreme Mystic Emblem- Greatly increases Mystic Damage
And more! (But those are secret, so shhh)

Lore (so far):
They call themselves Agents of Entropy, Bringers of Chaos, The Solus Enigma. They have shown themselves to none, and yet are known by all- not through their persons, but through their deeds. They take it upon themselves to bring balance to the world. When one empire grows too strong, they raise another to tear it down. When one creature becomes too powerful, they call another to hunt it.

They unlocked access to the secrets of the universe a long time ago, but there is a tension in the air. Empires are rising to new heights never even thought possible before. Creatures are appearing that are magnitudes more powerful than anything the world has ever encountered. The Solus have either Vanished, or their attention is fixed on something bigger than this world...
Moldyr is a kingdom of Mystics, whose land is rich with Magic and Worship. Hailing to the gods of old, they were able to create artifacts infused with some of their power. They devoted their lives to the gods, and in turn, the gods granted them powers few other humans could even dream of rivalling.

The Moldyrians declared themselves defenders of the world, for so many of the gods loved and cherished the creatures and places on this planet. That also entailed defeating any creatures who dared to threaten the sacredness of the planet, however. To be able to accomplish this, they blessed the people of the world with the knowledge of how to create artifacts of their own, so that all those devoted enough to the gods could share their power and protect the world.
Technology and discovery pave the way to the future! For the Vetruvians, trying to understand the world is the greatest path one can take. What better way to appreciate life is there than to understand how it works?

After the discovery of steam power, the Vetruvians' advancement has never been faster. They have built airships, submarines, trains, and of course, extremely powerful weapons. They have been using this technology to advance faster and faster, at a rate unrivaled by any. However, it seems their technology has advanced even further than their own understanding. In their pursuit to understand life, they seemingly created mechanica that have a will of their own! Oh, the horrors that would follow if one of them were to escape...
Next Update (0.12) plans:
Revamp the Obsidium
Add The Great Shadow

Direct Download:

Find the amazing music made by Turquoise here!
https://soundcloud.com/turqo/

Banners:
We would love your support! <3
View attachment 176789
Code:
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-enigma-mod.60046/"][img]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/banner-png.176789/[/img][/url]

Enjoy,
-Laugic `:happy:

I love the new improved forum! I remember telling you all the time it's so out of date and it's finally updated!
It looks great and the mod looks amazing! Keep up the amazing work!

I love the new improved forum! I remember telling you all the time it's so out of date and it's finally updated!
It looks great and the mod looks amazing! Keep up the amazing work!
Glad you like it! It was a long time coming, and I'm planning on adding even more stuff to it soon! `:D

This mod is really cool !!!
But I think there should be more mystic related stuff.
There is lots more planned! We haven't reach 1.0 yet, so we don't have all the items and things in that I would like to. You can check the discord in the #mystic-stuff channel to see some of the Mystic Items we have planned! `;)

Back
Top Bottom