tModLoader The Enigma Mod

Hey!

First of all I really want to thank you for creating this mod. It is an amazing mod and I like using it whenever I play a modded playthrough! :) And the post moonlord weapons are nice and insane as well. Somewhat.

However I would love to ask a question. The search function didn't really spit anything out regarding that. So if it was answered already I didn't see it. But I found a weapon/tool called "the Chariot" and requires itself as a crafting recipe. Is that a bug? Or is that intentional?

Regards ~

Hey!

First of all I really want to thank you for creating this mod. It is an amazing mod and I like using it whenever I play a modded playthrough! :) And the post moonlord weapons are nice and insane as well. Somewhat.

However I would love to ask a question. The search function didn't really spit anything out regarding that. So if it was answered already I didn't see it. But I found a weapon/tool called "the Chariot" and requires itself as a crafting recipe. Is that a bug? Or is that intentional?

Regards ~
Thank you for pointing that out! The name in the code for the Chariot is different, so I mixed it up with the lower tier drill. Glad to hear you are enjoying the mod! I will include the fix in the next minor patch, which should be out soon!

so really stupid question the father time accessory powers u up during time stop as well as making time stops more frequent and last longer butt does it also make u immune to time stop or do u need to combine it with something like the sands of time to truly use it

I would combine this with the AnDio armor set. Even though it might lack in defensive power, mixing it with the time stop and high HP would be a VERY strong combination, as the armor does make you immune to time stop

i know some mod creators do and some dont would u have a problem using content from other mods as materials just to give a example making gems out of mod exclusive potions then maybe start combining those like making a crystal out the creativity, earworm, and inspirational reach from thorium

i know some mod creators do and some dont would u have a problem using content from other mods as materials just to give a example making gems out of mod exclusive potions then maybe start combining those like making a crystal out the creativity, earworm, and inspirational reach from thorium
I don't plan on adding modded potion support, as that would require my modifying the entire recipe tree for the rest of the potion tiers as well. I'm probably not going to even add the Enigma potions, at least not for a while. Maybe once we finish all plans for bosses that can be something we look into. However, anyone is welcome to add content that crosses with both Enigma and Thorium, so if you want to give it a go, go for it!

On the topic of the Time Stop, Father Time does not make you immune to it. That would just be insanely overpowered in my opinion. You can already get ridiculously crazy time stop builds, and allowing you to have another accessory slot on top of that would be too much in my opinion. Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for >.< Hope you enjoy the rest of the mod regardless!

I don't plan on adding modded potion support, as that would require my modifying the entire recipe tree for the rest of the potion tiers as well. I'm probably not going to even add the Enigma potions, at least not for a while. Maybe once we finish all plans for bosses that can be something we look into. However, anyone is welcome to add content that crosses with both Enigma and Thorium, so if you want to give it a go, go for it!

On the topic of the Time Stop, Father Time does not make you immune to it. That would just be insanely overpowered in my opinion. You can already get ridiculously crazy time stop builds, and allowing you to have another accessory slot on top of that would be too much in my opinion. Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for >.< Hope you enjoy the rest of the mod regardless!
eh its no big deal the mod is still great regardless i love the steam punk items and the whole turning potions into accessories idea although since u mentioned making new potions in the future so i do have to ask do u have any plans for the future for something like a single accessory that is made from every potion

Just wanted to say that ive had a lot of fun playing through your mod so far, however it doesnt balance well with other mods... Playing with calamity, thorium, and spirit atm and the armor you get after beating the steam trio and moonlord is too strong for its teir. the steam trio can be somewhat acceptable, but the post moonlord stuff is so badly balanced i cant even bring myself to use it. Its way too strong.

Just wanted to say that ive had a lot of fun playing through your mod so far, however it doesnt balance well with other mods... Playing with calamity, thorium, and spirit atm and the armor you get after beating the steam trio and moonlord is too strong for its teir. the steam trio can be somewhat acceptable, but the post moonlord stuff is so badly balanced i cant even bring myself to use it. Its way too strong.
Yes, the Post ML stuff is stupidly strong. I am definitely going to nerf them soon. But you really think that the steampunk armor is too strong...? How so? What about it is overpowered to you? I basically tried to make it equivalent in stats to the hallowed armor, but for the 3 classes that don't have hallowed variants.

To be honest and fair, no mod really balances with other mods. Every mod balances around itself and maybe vanilla. As example my friend and I found that Calamity renders a good bunch of the other mod´s contents relatively useless, even vanilla partially. If modders would start considering other mods they would work themselves crazy and the mods wouldn't be remotely close to what they are. At this point a mega-mod collab would probably work better.

I personally find those overpowered weapons in the end a rewarding gesture. Perhaps not nerf them but render the acquisition harder. Like, introduce a new kind of enemy (or 6 of them) that drop 'aspect' fragments at a low rate, maybe make those rarely appearing and of course challenging to fight. So once you get a thing like 'Aspect of the warrior', you can craft the corresponding weapon for it.

And I don't even find them that OP. Yeah, they are powerful. But with the modpack I'm playing with I have a weapon/bullet combination that easily rips apart ML in not even 5 seconds. Takes me 1 - 2 minutes to kill ML with the bow and call of the ultimate leader.

Also, dear Mod developer, if I may give a suggestion - Unless I missed something during the gameplay and I apologize if it's already implemented - Wouldn't it be nice getting a flame thrower that fires steam instead of fire? Again, apologies if it's already in the game, I just didn't find it (yet).

Regards ~

To be honest and fair, no mod really balances with other mods. Every mod balances around itself and maybe vanilla. As example my friend and I found that Calamity renders a good bunch of the other mod´s contents relatively useless, even vanilla partially. If modders would start considering other mods they would work themselves crazy and the mods wouldn't be remotely close to what they are. At this point a mega-mod collab would probably work better.

I personally find those overpowered weapons in the end a rewarding gesture. Perhaps not nerf them but render the acquisition harder. Like, introduce a new kind of enemy (or 6 of them) that drop 'aspect' fragments at a low rate, maybe make those rarely appearing and of course challenging to fight. So once you get a thing like 'Aspect of the warrior', you can craft the corresponding weapon for it.

And I don't even find them that OP. Yeah, they are powerful. But with the modpack I'm playing with I have a weapon/bullet combination that easily rips apart ML in not even 5 seconds. Takes me 1 - 2 minutes to kill ML with the bow and call of the ultimate leader.

Also, dear Mod developer, if I may give a suggestion - Unless I missed something during the gameplay and I apologize if it's already implemented - Wouldn't it be nice getting a flame thrower that fires steam instead of fire? Again, apologies if it's already in the game, I just didn't find it (yet).

Regards ~
We're going to be adding lots of weapons like that once we get to the Steampunker class! (If you didn't know, we're adding a whole new Steampunk Class to the mod! `:D)
[doublepost=1533406284,1533406204][/doublepost]Also I understand that they should kind of be "rewards", but as you say, I like to balance my mod against vanilla so that it goes well with other mods that try and do the same. That is part of the reason I want to nerf the Luminite weps, because they outclass all vanilla post ML weps by an absurd degree.

I wonder then. Vanilla balance is nice, obviously. Making vanilla items obsolete makes the game no fun in my eyes. It can be fun if the content after that requires that power of weapons, something like 'Health of all enemies is buffed by 500%', but that isn't really the case. But instead of just going for a regular damage nerf... Do you think it would be possible to turn those into special 'super weapons' that can only be used every once in a while? As a sort of 'weapon summon' that allows you to use this weapons for like 30 seconds with a 10 minute cooldown after that. I know that from another game that uses a similar mechanic where super weapons are basically the 'use them in the right time to maximize their output' - Indeed as a permanent weapon they are very overpowered.

But before I start again to throw out walls of ideas... I'll just make the suggestion to perhaps turn them into super weapons if the game mechanics allow that. Giving every weapon a use time of let's say 20 - 30 seconds with a total cooldown of 10 minutes or 15 minutes. Of course all weapons would need a shared cooldown. Just as an idea. :) This actually would also give the game a neat mechanic added to it as this kind of item would prove to be rather useful. We have a similar kind of item, the Sun dial which speeds up the time once a week. Something similar would work. Geez, hard to explain but I think you get my idea.

Regards ~

The steampunk armor is onyl slightly over powered honestly. and its hard to put my fihger on it, it just seems a bit unfairly strong compared al everything else at its level. just my opinion though, i could just be picky. Also new bug i just found, etherial golem head doesnt despawn after killing him...

I wonder then. Vanilla balance is nice, obviously. Making vanilla items obsolete makes the game no fun in my eyes. It can be fun if the content after that requires that power of weapons, something like 'Health of all enemies is buffed by 500%', but that isn't really the case. But instead of just going for a regular damage nerf... Do you think it would be possible to turn those into special 'super weapons' that can only be used every once in a while? As a sort of 'weapon summon' that allows you to use this weapons for like 30 seconds with a 10 minute cooldown after that. I know that from another game that uses a similar mechanic where super weapons are basically the 'use them in the right time to maximize their output' - Indeed as a permanent weapon they are very overpowered.

But before I start again to throw out walls of ideas... I'll just make the suggestion to perhaps turn them into super weapons if the game mechanics allow that. Giving every weapon a use time of let's say 20 - 30 seconds with a total cooldown of 10 minutes or 15 minutes. Of course all weapons would need a shared cooldown. Just as an idea. :) This actually would also give the game a neat mechanic added to it as this kind of item would prove to be rather useful. We have a similar kind of item, the Sun dial which speeds up the time once a week. Something similar would work. Geez, hard to explain but I think you get my idea.

Regards ~
That is an interesting suggestion. I'm not sure if I can do that, but I will try to figure out a way to nerf them that doesn't involve just recuding damage.

Last edited:
Hello there! First of all Iwanted to say thank you for your amazing work in this mod. So far i just have an issue, I'm playing with a bunch of mods including Enigma and Calamity, but the Obsidium biome seems to have spawned over the Profaned Crags Biome from Calamity so it's not present in my world, also it seemes to be extremely expansive, is this normal?
Thank you again.

Hello there! First of all Iwanted to say thank you for your amazing work in this mod. So far i just have an issue, I'm playing with a bunch of mods including Enigma and Calamity, but the Obsidium biome seems to have spawned over the Profaned Crags Biome from Calamity so it's not present in my world, also it seemes to be extremely expansive, is this normal?
Thank you again.
I've seen a glitch where the Obsidium somehow eats about a third of the world... I'm trying to figure out what is causing this. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

First off, This is a very unique, well done mod.
Second, What exactly is the Great Shadow? I found it through Cheat Sheet's NPC Browser, but I can't find any info on it anywhere, except the the mention on the main post.

Back
Top Bottom