tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Does anybody know if the Spearmint weapon can drop before killing Plantera? I'm in the jungle temple killing flying snakes and have 3 banners so far with no spearmint. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

The only thing in the source code zip file is a REAEDME that has "# ThoriumMod". Nothing else. Is it supposed to be like this?

Last edited:
Yes, the source code isn't publicly available. The only reasons the github repo exists is to alleviate Mod Browser bandwidth and for the mod icon.

so in the newest update a new item got added called soul link it says something about adding effects to transformations does anyone know what effects it adds to what transformations also do i activate it or does it just add the effects from my inventory or how does this work

Having trouble with a bug
I'm playing with Thorium, Where's my Items, and Chad's Furniture. Seems like I have a bug that randomly freezes my character, but not the entire game. Enemies and such still move (which has caused me to die multiple times because of this), but I'm unable to do anything myself. Not sure what triggers the bug, but it seems to happen every few minutes. I've only found one person other than me on an image board having this problem though (he claims he isn't using Where's my Items and Chad's Furniture however) so I'm not sure what to do

New enemy? Not on the wiki

I was discovering the Aquatic Depths when I noticed a gold coin, hovering over it showed it has 400 health so I knew it was an enemy; I tried searing 'gold coin?' on the Thorium wiki but there was nothing. I got closer and attacked it, reavealing it was an 'Abyssal Angler', once again searching this up on the wiki and coming up dry. I recieved an 'Abyssal Chitin' from it which apparently comes from hardmode enemies within the Aquatic Depths; however, I was still in pre-hardmode. Anyone got any answers?

so in the newest update a new item got added called soul link it says something about adding effects to transformations does anyone know what effects it adds to what transformations also do i activate it or does it just add the effects from my inventory or how does this work
This is happening to me too, and I'm not using either of the other mods you mentioned, so it's probably either thorium causing it, or an issue with tmodloader itself.

This is happening to me too, and I'm not using either of the other mods you mentioned, so it's probably either thorium causing it, or an issue with tmodloader itself.
i think u responded to the wrong message cause my thing about the soul link only mentioned thorium and was more about curiousity as to how the item worked then a issue of any sort

Does the soul link item and the new interactions with transformation items mean you're doing a test of a new class/playstyle entirely? Since transformed damage is it's own type entirely apparently (Symbiotic) which implies a druid or shifter type of class maybe on the way.

Are there any Healer items that home in on friendly players? Trying to hit my jumping, running, dodging, flying teammates with Healing Bolts of Slowness And High Mana is more challenging than just focusing the boss. So far only the Divine Lotus does this, but it gets destroyed easily, builds up slowly, casts slowly, and heals for next to nothing. I would be perfectly happy with a healing spell that homes in on friendlies, does very low healing, casts very slowly, and costs a lot of mana. The tradeoff knowing that it will at least hit a friendly player will make it the most useful pre-Hardmode healing item in the game.

Radiant weapons are frustrating, too. Short range, high mana cost (I need that mana for healing!), slow projectiles, slow cast speed... The scythe-like weapons are pretty good but they only have like a 5ft range. Omen is nice but it has less range than a boomerang or a yoyo at the same level. Just picked up the Spirit Blast Wand and even with the 35% reduction of non-radiant damage Templar set bonus the friggin Gauss Flinger does more damage, pierces, shoots faster, and takes 0 mana. I can't believe I'm using non-radiant weapons as a healer because they're more effective and do more damage. Am I doing something wrong?

giphy.gif

EDIT: Hardmode gets marginally better it seems, but not by much. When I played bard I was in awe of almost every new weapon. When I play Healer I'm thinking, 'Sell. Sell. Sell.'

Last edited:
sorry if this has been said before (they're are 500+ pages and i don't see a way to search just this thread but it wasn't on the first or last page) but the magik staff is awful the wiki says it has a base damage of 10 but mine did 2. it can be upgraded but that one only did 4! imo a complicated craft where you get tons of weapons and combine the weapons should be really powerful. I think the magik t2 should at least do 10 damage and you should be able to upgrade it to the point where it becomes at least on par with the diamond staff. right now this weapon can't even out damage the wand of sparking and it took me 2 irl days to get my hands on it. to make matters worse the magik staff does less damage than any of the weapons used to craft it. I kind of feel like i took 7 ok weapons and got one bad weapon out of it.

a little request for the devs:

could the Grim Pointer get some kind of sound indicator? i mean, the bat hand is supposed to work as a compass to visually show you da wae to the chamber but i think it would also help a lot in the search if the glowing effect increased as you get closer or if there was some kind of "beep" that increased in frequency as you get near the place.

BTW i like the latest updates. never played Bard or Healer but i may test it in the future once both classes are considered "finished" (if there's still stuff unfinished, it seems Bard doesnt have enough distribution between the different types of instruments). the Viscount was a cool bossfight, perhaps one of the best from the mod so far.

have you considered doing more post Ragnarok weapons? i mean, for Thrower and Summoner. you know like Quasar's Flare or the like, made with all three essences from the Ragnarok bosses.

Back
Top Bottom