New PS4 & Xbox One Patch Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit disappointed with the patch... I am unable to save progress (just freezes the character). I guess it is an improvement though from just being frozen on the character select screen. Honestly wish we could downgrade releases because the PS3 system is far superior at the moment... better UI that is more organized for crafting, reliable saving, no crashes/freezes, able to exit without saving, faster loading screens. The PS3 version even has a similar amount of content thanks to decisions to exclude the 1.2.4 console exclusive content, including but not limited to vanity items, armours, weapons, pets, enemies and decoration items. I hope a new patch is being worked on ASAP on it is delivered sooner than the last as this is just getting ridiculous. I have been waiting since 2015 for the 1.3 console experience and right now I am still waiting... I could play it but the frustrating part is, if I do so the game will just to refuse to save and my past 2-4 hours of luck, progression and all items collected will be lost.

Bit disappointed with the patch... I am unable to save progress (just freezes the character). I guess it is an improvement though from just being frozen on the character select screen. Honestly wish we could downgrade releases because the PS3 system is far superior at the moment... better UI that is more organized for crafting, reliable saving, no crashes/freezes, able to exit without saving, faster loading screens. The PS3 version even has a similar amount of content thanks to decisions to exclude the 1.2.4 console exclusive content, including but not limited to vanity items, armours, weapons, pets, enemies and decoration items. I hope a new patch is being worked on ASAP on it is delivered sooner than the last as this is just getting ridiculous. I have been waiting since 2015 for the 1.3 console experience and right now I am still waiting... I could play it but the frustrating part is, if I do so the game will just to refuse to save and my past 2-4 hours of luck, progression and all items collected will be lost.
A lot of people on PS4 are able to save just fine. Why doesn't it work for you? Are you playing with legacy characters/worlds? If so try creating a new character/world to see if that works.

A lot of people on PS4 are able to save just fine. Why doesn't it work for you? Are you playing with legacy characters/worlds? If so try creating a new character/world to see if that works.

That doesn't seem to be an issue, it is playing in new worlds created after the patch. My legacy characters and worlds created before the patch seem to work fine...
I have stopped attempting to create new worlds too since the game freezes while saving it... Outside of world generation not working 90% of the time it seems to be tolerable and working better than prior to the patch.

That doesn't seem to be an issue, it is playing in new worlds created after the patch. My legacy characters and worlds created before the patch seem to work fine...
I have stopped attempting to create new worlds too since the game freezes while saving it... Outside of world generation not working 90% of the time it seems to be tolerable and working better than prior to the patch.
Hmm, does it always freeze at a specific point during worldgen, or is it random?

Hmm, does it always freeze at a specific point during worldgen, or is it random?

Yes. It seems to always crash when saving the world to the save data. I have only generated one world successively after downloading the patch (with that world being completely unplayable as attempting to save and exit will result in the pause menu freezing and the player being frozen till death, which then makes it impossible to pause, save, interact with chests and npcs. Additionally, if player 2 dies in splitscreen the game will freeze for a good 20 seconds before them respawn which is really annoying and autosave is completely broken resulting in huge lag and usually an infinite saving icon. These errors don't affect my old worlds so I am assuming it failed to save properly after being generated... lucky I have lots of empty worlds I generated before the update...

Yes. It seems to always crash when saving the world to the save data. I have only generated one world successively after downloading the patch (with that world being completely unplayable as attempting to save and exit will result in the pause menu freezing and the player being frozen till death, which then makes it impossible to pause, save, interact with chests and npcs. Additionally, if player 2 dies in splitscreen the game will freeze for a good 20 seconds before them respawn which is really annoying and autosave is completely broken resulting in huge lag and usually an infinite saving icon. These errors don't affect my old worlds so I am assuming it failed to save properly after being generated... lucky I have lots of empty worlds I generated before the update...
Have you tried backing up your saves and then reinstalling Terraria?

Have you tried backing up your saves and then reinstalling Terraria?

No but I have only just reinstalled it the past few days. Pretty sure I experienced similar issues before a few months back. I am just going to generate characters/worlds on PS3 and just convert them over anyways. I dislike the new world generation anyways...

No but I have only just reinstalled it the past few days. Pretty sure I experienced similar issues before a few months back. I am just going to generate characters/worlds on PS3 and just convert them over anyways. I dislike the new world generation anyways...
If you want to pursue this further you could try rebuilding the database. That seems to be the most common remedy for this issue. If you don't know how to do it, just Google it, there are instructions all over the net.

If you want to pursue this further you could try rebuilding the database. That seems to be the most common remedy for this issue. If you don't know how to do it, just Google it, there are instructions all over the net.

Tried that now... seems to have made no difference. I think I am just going to wait for the 3rd patch, that hopefully fixes my issue... for good!

yo wtf is wrong with terraria the lag is just awful, keep in mind i'm playing offline, the game keeps freezing, flails are still invisible, when are you going to fix this? is there any way to downgrade back to 1.2.4?

yo wtf is wrong with terraria the lag is just awful, keep in mind i'm playing offline, the game keeps freezing, flails are still invisible, when are you going to fix this? is there any way to downgrade back to 1.2.4?
There's no way to downgrade to a specific version. Your attacks may be invisible from the armour dye you're using or wearing the familiar shirt item as vanity. They're working very hard on the performance issues.

So i'm trying to play Terraria on Xbox One, but my screen is cutting off about half of the words for what buttons to press and stuff like that. And none of the options give a way to change the screen size. Anyway i can fix this?

So i'm trying to play Terraria on Xbox One, but my screen is cutting off about half of the words for what buttons to press and stuff like that. And none of the options give a way to change the screen size. Anyway i can fix this?

Unfortunately not.

Switching Output Mode from HDMI to DVI and then make sure the resolution is 1080 in the Xbox Display settings might help. Alternatively your TV might have an option to change Overscan or Aspect Ratio which may help.

Hi there, so I actually made an account to try to get help with the conversion issue. I haven't played Terraria since the latest update with the legacy stuff on it. I'm constantly stuck on the conversion screen, it's half way done and that's it. I've tried making a new account to try to free my other one. But I am unable to, I'm not very happy. This is on the Xbox one, and as far as I'm aware the gsme is fully updated.

Hi there, so I actually made an account to try to get help with the conversion issue. I haven't played Terraria since the latest update with the legacy stuff on it. I'm constantly stuck on the conversion screen, it's half way done and that's it. I've tried making a new account to try to free my other one. But I am unable to, I'm not very happy. This is on the Xbox one, and as far as I'm aware the gsme is fully updated.

Just a reminder that if you are having issues please take the time to report them here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Thanks!

Still having issues with crashes on the loading screen even after making another character to get around it but now that character can not load into the world either

I am having the same issue...

Hello, I was just wandering, does the update automatically download on the Xbox one?
Depends on your settings. When you go to my games and apps there should be a side tab for updates. You can check there if there are any updates for your games or apps that you have not downloaded yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom